What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockdart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you two using the TapaTalk App to access the forums or the web browser? Never had a file size issue with my iPhone since using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oy. Another App? I'm already at 4 pages of them... what's another then, eh?

Rowlette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed her last evening got her looking great. Went out this morning, completely pollinated and a bird $hit on the roof. Just my luck!

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul!

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Filled it up and did the MPG calc. With about 60/40 city to highway I'm at about 20.5mpg. Last time I calculated about a month back I was around 19.

Never got that with the 02.

rockdart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a 6 pack of ignition coils. Going to party hard this weekend :happy175:

Also got a gallon of 75w90 diff juice. Went with Valvoline Synth.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The third skid plate from Skid Row was installed today. Now I don't have to worry so much about breaking my front diff. It took only 5 minutes to bolt in. They didn't have an open lift rack available, so I only have this one photo taken by the mechanic so I wouldn't have to lay down in the dirt.

You must be registered for see images

I also told them about the light scraping of the tires on the lower part of the front bumper - I think some of you have referred to it as an air dam. So, he used a pneumatic cutting wheel and cut off about a 1x6" section of plastic. No more chatter when I make sharp turns.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Picked up a 6 pack of ignition coils. Going to party hard this weekend :happy175:

Also got a gallon of 75w90 diff juice. Went with Valvoline Synth.

I'm not sure why this is but dino gear oil lasts longer than synthetic. Works better for wheeling too, clings to the gears better and dissipates heat mo' bettah. I change mine every 25k ish, every other year. I think I used 85w140.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The third skid plate from Skid Row was installed today. Now I don't have to worry so much about breaking my front diff. It took only 5 minutes to bolt in. They didn't have an open lift rack available, so I only have this one photo taken by the mechanic so I wouldn't have to lay down in the dirt.

I also told them about the light scraping of the tires on the lower part of the front bumper - I think some of you have referred to it as an air dam. So, he used a pneumatic cutting wheel and cut off about a 1x6" section of plastic. No more chatter when I make sharp turns.

Don't know of anyone breaking their front diff due to not having a skid , spinning and it suddenly catching yes,.....
But skids are a cheap investment in safety for the oil pan, trans pan etc

MTKross

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Previous owner wasn't aware of the benefits of a good wax every so often so roof ended up like this:

Taped everything off and used truck bed coating to give everything an even matte texture. Cheaper then getting it re-painted.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

My hood is showing similar fading but nothing nearly as bad. Will most likely go a different route then truck bed coating on that though.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Previous owner wasn't aware of the benefits of a good wax every so often so roof ended up like this:

[/IMG]

My hood is showing similar fading but nothing nearly as bad. Will most likely go a different route then truck bed coating on that though.

Amazing that some just do not even care enough to at least try and keep everything up

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
reminds me:
when you have to get the windshield replaced, is it advisable to take down the headliner and pull the A-pillar covers? I've only ever had it done once in my life on a different vehicle, and the windshield adhesive got squished into places that caused me problems years later.

K9JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it to Virginia to see my mom. Stage IV cancer. Not looking good at all... :(
Sorry to hear. I've been treating my grandpa who has prostate cancer with Rick Simpson Oil, it's been 2 years and he has no new growth and is back to driving, eating gardening, living a normal life. When he was being treated by the doctors he lost all his weight, he couldnt do anything, no energy, lost all of his hair, no progress at all.

If you keep an open mind and go hard at it this stuff is amazing. I am in LA so it's a little more progressive here but I would definitely look into Rick Simpson Oil. I wish I would have tried it with my grandma who had lung cancer, she was far gone from 30 years of smoking but it may have made the end easier for her.

I lost my dad 6 months ago and it's tough, but I'm the oldest sibling and the family is counting on me so I'm trying to hold us together. I hope you hold these moments close because I didn't get to see my dad when he passed.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
My mom actually passed away Monday evening. I hope your advice can help others, though. Cancer *****.

K9JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mom actually passed away Monday evening. I hope your advice can help others, though. Cancer *****.
Very sorry to hear that, my thoughts are with you and your family right now, I know how tough it is.

My dad never wanted a funeral so we had a party and celebrated his life and it was awesome, it's a tough thing to go through but everyone celebrating him brought us all together to cherish the good that he brought to all he came across.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm so sorry, Prof. So very hard to lose parents - especially to that bloody cancer :favorites68:

Prayers to you and your family :icon_cry:

Bob