What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok. Local shop had an opening. 30 minutes and $130 later, the new prop shaft is in.

And finally after all the hassle and dejection, it's fixed! :big_banana_Dance:

While it was up on the rack, I checked it out and will be needing to replace the rear UCA in the not too distant future, but I'm just going to drive it as is for a while.

Rear Tri-link, only go MOPAR , unless you like to replace them often

130 bucks ???

rockdart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front driveshaft?

Yes, front driveshaft.

Rear Tri-link, only go MOPAR , unless you like to replace them often

130 bucks ???

Thx!

Yeah - they billed me for an hrs worth + tax. I about laughed in his face, but couldn't break those bolts free. I've seen the pictures and all y'all with the bolts with all the room are lucky. I was SOL. :shrug:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, front driveshaft.

Thx!

Yeah - they billed me for an hrs worth + tax. I about laughed in his face, but couldn't break those bolts free. I've seen the pictures and all y'all with the bolts with all the room are lucky. I was SOL. :shrug:

What was different about yours ? as far as room

rockdart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't get a socket all the way around them. Only had a tiny box wrench I could get on there. So I thought... was moreso to do with the angle and lack of a 1' 3/8" drive extension after seeing the mechanic attack it.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think mine did the 1' long extension. I can't remember if I reduced down to a 1/4" drive extension at the end to save even more space.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
On the front driveshaft 8 mm socket, with 2 inch long extension and then adapter for 3/8 inch ratchet
Just popped mine off last night , ten minutes

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yours have been apart more times than a cheerleaders legs though. :D

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had kind of a long day driving here and there today. When I got home, I found the final skid plate from Skid Row had arrived. It goes in front of the other two already installed and this one will protect that fragile front differential. Can't wait to get it installed and break it in.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the right rear caliper. Was a breeze. Pinched the line with cardboard and vice grips. Barely had to add any fluid and bleeding it was super easy. Thanks for the tip don't remember who posted it about pinching the line.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the right rear caliper. Was a breeze. Pinched the line with cardboard and vice grips. Barely had to add any fluid and bleeding it was super easy. Thanks for the tip don't remember who posted it about pinching the line.

Never pinch the rubber brake lines,can cause the inner liner to separate and restrict flow.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never pinch the rubber brake lines,can cause the inner liner to separate and restrict flow.
Good thing I have replacements coming in today/tomorrow.

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 06 rolled over 150,000kms this week.
It got an oil change,5 tire rotation, and new rear wiper blade(12").

Gyro

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New timken wheel bearing and moog upper ball joints. Took me about 3.5 hours. Had some rust to fight. During it noticed my end link on the right side is toast so I ran down to napa inbetween sides and picked up a new one. Ran out of time though so I will get to that another day. I will try to get an alignment next week as this weekend is family packed. (Don't worry not driving it and I'll take the bike to work on sunday)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

MTKross

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Gave her a bath and slapped a coat of plasti-dip on the rims from some old cans I had laying around. Sooner or later I'll get them powder coated, but for now this works ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a gentle rip, not for asking the question, but for asking it in the "What did you do to your jeep today" thread.

Duly noted, however, in case you hadn't seen the previous few posts, this started with a "I changed my discs, pads, and parking shoes today" post, and there were a few extra posts afterwards when I noticed a problem.

To note: 3 pages of posts after mine was about someone with a vibration... so... it's not like I did anything everyone else isn't doing on a very regular basis.

rockdart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duly noted, however, in case you hadn't seen the previous few posts, this started with a "I changed my discs, pads, and parking shoes today" post, and there were a few extra posts afterwards when I noticed a problem.

To note: 3 pages of posts after mine was about someone with a vibration... so... it's not like I did anything everyone else isn't doing on a very regular basis.

Yeah,.... I should have taken that whole adventure into its own post. I almost went through the entire primary checklist.