What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a Curt Hitch Receiver for Christmas and the box arrived pretty beat up. Opened it up, and the hitch was so badly bent that the bolt holes were off by a good inch or two. Had it exchanged for a new one which arrived a few days later.

Had my brother come over the other day to help get it installed and realized that the threads on the exhaust side were completely rusted over. The threads on the driver's side were fine because I had a tow hook installed (for sale now by the way :gr_grin:). Picked up a M12-1.75 tap, retapped the threads, and the bolts thread in like a hot knife through butter now. Only problem I'm having now is undoing the rubber exhaust hanger so I can move the pipe out of the way to tap the last hole. Anyone have any tips? I'm guessing I'll just have to soak it in WD-40 and pry the hell out of it.

Those rubber hangers are a pain. Last time i had to take one off i used a small flat head to get the edge of the rubber over the ball on the metal hanger. I used a silicone spray lubricant to help take it on and off too.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do not use a revovery point,not strong enough with just 4 bolts and most likely only grade 8.8 bolts was supplied with the hitch.

Speaking of a hitch, whats a good strong one i can get? And does that come with a high grade bolt or would it be wise to upgrade?

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front wheel bearing went south Dec 29th. Ordered up a couple of the $53 specials from rockauto. :anitoof:

Replaced the buggered one early last week when the shipment showed up to get it back on the road. Lost the wheel-nut lock on the test-drive. :icon_mad:

Had to get destructive on the locking lugnut on the other side... Changed the second bearing a couple days ago.

All good now. :favorites13:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of a hitch, whats a good strong one i can get? And does that come with a high grade bolt or would it be wise to upgrade?

Shop around the salvage yards for a factory hitch. Most will have rust on them but will be structurally OK - just double check the welds to make sure. I did a quick search on LKQ's website and came up with this one from an '07.

You can get proper grade bolts at your local FastenAll or maybe an RV dealer - they install hitches all the time.

Bob

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks ill look into it. I know of one u pick it yard in nj, all the other salvage yards charge waaaaay to much to pull something off a vehicle

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced my radiator and did a quick visual inspection of the entire underside.

I found out the noise coming from my rear end when going over bumps was indeed my tri-link hitting the bracket, just as I thought.

Ill try to hit the junkyards in Atlanta tomorrow while my wife shops and see what I can score.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added a GPS, CB and Firestick got them at Christmas and was driving me crazy trying to find the time to do it right.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed my rear shocks to the correct length ome132L's. And what a difference it made haha

ONTHEPIPE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front brakes and removed the Tupperware basket on my '03 KJ Renegade....... Now to get a REAL basket ;)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Washed and waxed it ( clay bar and the whole nine yards )
Tomorrow the insides get detailed

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my gf asked me to plow around her car...there was snow to about half of her car so I just cleaned the wheel and the front of the car and got it out, then got my jeep in the spot to tap all that snow :) anyway, it was my parking she was in.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On saturday filled it with gas, auger, generator and gear to go ice fishing. Gave the tires a bump to right pressure now that were on week 2 of -30 and colder.

shoved it in 4L and crawled all around my ice shack and the neighbors. Flattened down some chunks of ice with the transmission skid widening the road in.

Also caught 1 perch, 10 northern pike and 1 walleye.