What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazyjeepkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you try crutchfield.com? They're great, that's where I order everything audio wise. You just fill out your vehicle specs and they list everything that will list what fits your vehicle.

great link helps a lot

Dragon1900

Reaction score
i have been having steering problems so i stated a thread and followed the advce of several members.

i checked the power steering pump, it was fine tons of fluid. do i need to maybe change the fluid? i also checked the belt and it was fine too. sooooo now what? gonna bring the truck in on wednesday to have it looked at

also been searching for new speakers since im left with 1 working speaker, i have 04 limited and some sites say my speakers have amps n some say i dont. i have the radio controls on steering wheel so you would think i have amps.

x2 for Crutchfield. If you have a question they'll have or find the answer. They really are professionals at a great price. I had 3 local "Pro Installers" tell me there were no kits for mounting aftermarket decks or speakers in my '05 CRD Limited. Crutchfield had the parts and more. Clear advice, downloadable instructions, all of it.

My '05 had the Infinity amplified speakers. With the aftermarket deck I ran the connection adapter, all new speaker wires for the replacement speakers and mounting rings because the Infinity 6.5"s have a larger mounting diameter then aftermarket 6.5"s. Including opening all the door and trim panels, running all the wires, soldering to the speaker tabs and the connection kit (hint: if you solder get some shrink tube over the wire first then you can slide it up and shrink it in place) I spent about 3/4 of a day installing and testing. The results are worth the effort.

KJ_OHIO

Reaction score
Removed the rear seat and replaced a seat belt buckle. Not to big of a task but it was 14 degrees out. :)

Dragon1900

Reaction score
Ordered two chip keys. It'll be nice to finaly have a spare or in this case two! I'll have to pay to have one programed but that will give me the two to program the third.

04BLKRENEGADE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily today since its not driven that much anymore, but replaced battery and 2/2 downstream o2 a few weeks ago.

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great link helps a lot
X3 for crutchfield. I've used them a few times before. My 04 limited has infinity with amps. You said you had only one working speaker. Did you check the radio choke relay? My right side was cutting out for months over bumps. After doing everything but changing the speaker I played around with the relay. Turns out it was loose. Too bad I only figured it out last week. Been fine ever since. Relay is tucked under the drivers kickpanel mounted on the center hump near the radio. Its worth it to check if the three speakers aren't working or keep popping like they are blown.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was -30 today when I left for work. I think the battery don't like it a lot :p It started but was close to not XD ah I like Quebec and the winter we have :) At least I am not worry that my KJ wont start , may be hard some time but pretty sure he wont let me down. My GF car didn;t start the other day after 1 month of sitting in the parking XD

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Finally had some to replace my pass. side CV and Intermediate shaft .. and install my UCA's!

Finally .. I have (non clicking) 4WD back and an aligned front end!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the pig through the mountains to the Rez today on the Canadian border and it got great mpg going downhill......going uphill it was a pig.

Dave

sabreuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well ive just ordered a complete tune up service kit and the oils n lubes to drop everything and repalce all the oils. new iac valve new ignition coil leads spark plugs filters and timing belt/serpintine belt kit with tensioners new wipers and brand new 235/70/16 bfg at ko tyres just got to wait for it all to turn up now and get on with some major tinkering :)

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a quote for front & rear regear to 4:10's, $1400.00cdn,parts(2xR&P(richmond gears),2Xfull install kit)and labour,+ 15% tax.

Gyro