What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use that rev limiter at least once a day, makes em happy happy happy

Made me pretty happy too. Mine really pulled nice when you get it up above about 4500 RPMs. That Borla Dual cat-back really roars too. :gr_grin:

My only problem is finding a place where I can do that on a regular basis. Too many people and traffic around me all the time.

projectkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Modifications would be in order if it were me lol

maybe in time.... dont have much time to work on it this week (late shift all week, watch kids in morning until mother-inlaw gets here) plus im going on a weekend off road adventure this weekend....

maybe after nextweekend. all i have to do is patch two small roof holes (and i plan on painting the roof black, with hood, and tailgate)...

i have been trying to get a roof rack, but i also need the roof cross brackets... (i want to get my spare tire to the roof)....

The led bar was purchased for my other project, made it work for the jeep for now......

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe in time.... dont have much time to work on it this week (late shift all week, watch kids in morning until mother-inlaw gets here) plus im going on a weekend off road adventure this weekend....

maybe after nextweekend. all i have to do is patch two small roof holes (and i plan on painting the roof black, with hood, and tailgate)...

i have been trying to get a roof rack, but i also need the roof cross brackets... (i want to get my spare tire to the roof)....

The led bar was purchased for my other project, made it work for the jeep for now......

Where did you get the light bar?

projectkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the light bar?

purchased all my lights direct from a manufacture out of China.
HUACHUAN CO.,LTD

i am not endorsed by them in any way... came across them once and i have ordered from them twice...
the front bar coast my $80, the rear flush mount lights caost me $8/each
and i have 2x12" bars that i paid i think 35/ each for...

i believe these are manufactures.......
delivery took a bit, they use DHL.....

Kal-El

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went the OE route and ordered the Moog quick-struts, UCA's, and LBJ's. Still not rich and famous yet...

:emotions33:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went the OE route and ordered the Moog quick-struts, UCA's, and LBJ's.

I'd like to hear how you like the Moog Quick-struts. I've been saving up for the OME system (planning on piecing it together), but my front shocks are really shot and getting pretty sketchy when you hit a bump at highway speeds. Been thinking about putting a set of quick struts (Moog or Monroe) on temporarily since I won't be able to do front and back OME any time soon.

projectkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh shit... What now....week before getaway...
Naaaa just fixing leaky valve cover gasket....
Plus thank you Daimler Chrysler for POS plastic valve covers (there was a 1/4" hole in the back corner, but that's not where it leaked from)

You must be registered for see images

on a better note, while waiting for things to dry

Shifter light stopped working... Didn't have a bulb, but plenty of LED's... Had a strange blue glow, removed a plastic film and all good

we will see how bright it is once the jeep is out of garage...

Last edited:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plus thank you Daimler Chrysler for POS plastic valve covers (there was a 1/4" hole in the back corner, but that's not where it leaked from)

Shifter light stopped working... Didn't have a bike, but plenty of LED's... Had a strange blue glow, removed a plastic film and all good

Night and day difference. I left my blue strip there. I liked what it did to the color of the light.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Shifter light stopped working... Didn't have a bulb, but plenty of LED's... Had a strange blue glow, removed a plastic film and all good

What LED strip is that? My shift indicator light is burned out and I'd like a replacement.

Was it easy to solder/attach to the factory wiring?

Bob

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What LED strip is that? My shift indicator light is burned out and I'd like a replacement.

Bob

Bob - you can use a bulb in the stock spot if you really would like. Less work...same look. I'll show you what mine looks like when I get a moment.

southernwake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not technically today, but Thursday the wife called and said she smelled the brakes burning like it did over Christmas when one of the calipers seized up. Of course she was 200 miles away. So I told her to get to her parents and let me know. So the next day she said it was fine, she didnt smell it or feel like the brake was grabbing. Which I found odd but I told her to just be careful driving home. Friday afternoon when she gets back I go out and dont smell burning brakes at all. I smell metal on metal burning. So I fired it up to take it for a test drive and thought " crap someone's car sounds horrid...oh wait thats the libby" The AC compressor clutch decided it had enough and retired. So I spent Saturday morning pulling it off and ordering a new one. The bearing was shot and the magnet and pulley had become intimate friends due to that. Bypassed the AC with a smaller belt. Hopefully by Friday the new pulley will be here and I can have AC again! :favorites13:

JavelinAMX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned up my headlights with plast-x I thought it came out good for just buffing with no sanding
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

projectkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Bob

its a 5meter strip of 5050SMB 60led's per meter, purchased of ebay
you can cut in every 3 LED ships, all i did is drill a small hole in the end of the area where the incandescent bulb is (under the clear glass reflector)

projectkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
decided to put on the bull bar, and paid the front grill / light surround black
looks way better

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You already have a topic about this. No need to post the same information in more than one place on this forum.

So what? He cannot post in the "What did you do to your jeep today" thread anymore? He also painted his grill so his post is not exclusive to his bumper build...

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pepper gave my wife a scare this morning. p1686.
Randomness.
Got the battery, starter and alternator checked but all good.

anyone experience random P1686 before?
It's the whole transponder key error code.

Last edited:

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what? He cannot post in the "What did you do to your jeep today" thread anymore? He also painted his grill so his post is not exclusive to his bumper build...

It's not a rule, as far as I know, but it's prudent. We have several KJ experts here who offer advice to those of us who aren't so expert. That advice isn't the final word, but most of it is prudent - good advice for the long term benefit of the KJ and the KJ owner. I've been working as a webmaster for 20+ years, mostly on forums. I just offered some advice that I think is prudent for the website and the forum visitors.

ProjectKJ didn't share anything unique in this topic that he didn't share in his own project topic. That makes it kind of redundant here. But the bigger problem is what search engines like Google refer to as duplicate content. Duplicate content may hurt a website's ranking.

I was just trying to help. But like the KJ experts' advice, there will always be some who don't or won't take it.

Latest posts

Members online