What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to the salvage yard the other day. Bought two fuse boxes, one from an XJ, the other was from a grand Cherokee. Going to be making one of them in to a relay box so that I don't have such a rats nest of wires under the hood for my basket and front light. I might also hard wire the CB into it eventually.

Kal-El

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the Moog struts today. Was going to do the UCA's and LBJ's too, but they're still backed ordered. Kind of a good thing after all... the one's I have are pretty decent. I'm going to cancel 'em and keep a few bucks in my pocket for the time being. Replaced the upper BJ boots though, old ones had a couple of cracks in them. I was actually kind of intimidated by this install... it seemed like it was going to be a lot of work with some PITA steps. Turned out to be embarrassingly easy. The right side was a little tricky because the shock bolt had broken through the top spring plate (Monroe :favorites68:) and let the spring extend to full length, requiring a hammer and punch to get the bottom clevis bolt out. Terrible design IMHO. Re-assembly was a snap though. The Harbor Freight ball joint popper worked like a charm. Removing the stabilizer link was the key to being able to let the the old stuff fall right out. The operation restored the height to 20 inches from 18.5.

Last edited by a moderator:

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took some pictures a couple days ago. Debating on have the white letters on the outside of the jeep. Opinions?
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Took some pictures a couple days ago. Debating on have the white letters on the outside of the jeep. Opinions?

White letters in

southernwake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Attempted to put the AC clutch on. After fighting with the thing for about an hour, I concluded the snap ring that was sent with the kit for to hold the magnet on was too small. I checked the other one, and it fit thankfully. So I am on the hunt for the correct size snap ring.

I found the right size on Fastenal...but I dont need 100 of them. lol

IN the process of putting everything back I was trying to check to make sure the fan shroud was in its lower bracket and heard a pop. When I verified it was secure I leaned up and found that pop was me breaking off a corner of the fan shroud by leaning on it and it was caught under the top of the core support:whymewhyme:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the Moog struts today. Was going to do the UCA's and LBJ's too, but they're still backed ordered. Kind of a good thing after all... the one's I have are pretty decent. I'm going to cancel 'em and keep a few bucks in my pocket for the time being. Replaced the upper BJ boots though, old ones had a couple of cracks in them. I was actually kind of intimidated by this install... it seemed like it was going to be a lot of work with some PITA steps. Turned out to be embarrassingly easy. The right side was a little tricky because the shock bolt had broken through the top spring plate (Monroe :favorites68:) and let the spring extend to full length, requiring a hammer and punch to get the bottom clevis bolt out. Terrible design IMHO. Re-assembly was a snap though. The Harbor Freight ball joint popper worked like a charm. Removing the stabilizer link was the key to being able to let the the old stuff fall right out. The operation restored the height to 20 inches from 18.5.

Good news. I installed Monroe top plates too... :Insane:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Kal-El

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Seems I may have mis-spoken about the Monroe :favorites68:. Just found out that the top & bottom spring plates and the spring itself were original equipment, and it was just the shocks themselves that were previously replaced with Monroes (two different models I might add). The problem with the right side (and probably soon to be the left side too) was that whoever assembled the struts forgot to install the big top-washer on top of the rubber bushing in the top spring plates. Any wonder the shock bolt pulled thru the bushing after a couple million cycles. Still not a fan of Monroe shocks though...both had lost their gas charge.

Last edited by a moderator:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You have this dark vibe thing going keep them in. For mine I think out looks much better.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to the salvage yard the other day. Bought two fuse boxes, one from an XJ, the other was from a grand Cherokee. Going to be making one of them in to a relay box so that I don't have such a rats nest of wires under the hood for my basket and front light. I might also hard wire the CB into it eventually.

Since salvage yards around here don't exist anymore, mind looking in yours for 2003-2005 Dodge Neons? I could use the Power Center (engine bay fuse/relay box) out of one, with as much wire as you can keep attached as possible.

Last edited:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since salvage yards around here don't exist anymore, mind looking in yours for 2003-2005 Dodge Neons? I could use the Power Center (engine bay fuse/relay box) out of one, with as much wire as you can keep attached as possible.

My Ex who lives in NJ has one. She may be still using it but I wouldn't mind you going over a taking it out. :gr_grin:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
niiiice.
think i could just take the whole car then? for free? :lol:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
State Farm says they're taking 100% responsibility for the wreck with my car.
Want me to take it to a shop, have 'em write up an estimate, then SF will pay them directly to repair the car.
I tried to choke back my laughter. I'll go through the motions, but honestly if they cut me a check for $2000 I'll call it square and go buy a new beater.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I might be able to do that for you. I tend to go check them every once in a while for parts. I will try to keep you in mind the next time I go out there. I might have to go back sooner for another fuse box depending on what mine look like when I open them up.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Coming home from my night job and saw 3 02-04 Renegades Bob !
IMAGINE 3 of them all with the stock Renegade Tupperware still on them

:happy175::happy175:

I HAVE ALSO figured out
I'm too old though to work 12-13 hour night shift even if it is just watching monitors and still do 8 hours during the day
Daily its do I sleep or do I eat something
I mostly sleep since I'm fat and can live off of stored up blubber :emotions34::Insane::happy175::help: