What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove it to work and back. Stopped on my way home for gas for the snow thrower and beer for me. Who needs milk and bread when you have beer. :party52:

Let the blizzard commence. :gr_grin:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it to work and back. Stopped on my way home for gas for the snow thrower and beer for me. Who needs milk and bread when you have beer. :party52:

Let the blizzard commence. :gr_grin:

Stopped at the beer store and got beer for myself, too :icon_lol:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Used it to bring my work laptops home because the boss thinks we all may need to work from home tomorrow. This poses a dilemma, since I'd hate to think that anyone would doubt that I could make it in tomorrow. Of course, I don't get off until 10pm, so it could be a little tricky by then.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove down to the car wash and gave her a good power washing. I wouldn't mind a blizzard but we are only going to get side swiped. :(

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh Blizzards are "cool"..Pics Please!!! :gr_grin:
Ya power washing away salt ..I know that feeling...
55002[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Got to keep them rockers etc clean!
Beer is also now "cool" in fridge !
:cheers:

Attachments

• Jeep%20Snow%20salt.jpg
    Jeep%20Snow%20salt.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 0

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh Blizzards are "cool"..Pics Please!!! :gr_grin:
Ya power washing away salt ..I know that feeling...
55004[/ATTACH]"]

Got to keep them rockers etc clean!
Beer is also now "cool" in fridge !
:cheers:

My rocker's got a nice hole in it. Depressing for sure. Never got to finish the paint job I wanted to do on them, too.

Attachments

• Jeep%20Snow%20salt.jpg
    Jeep%20Snow%20salt.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 0

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my '05 Limited to the shop last night to have them do several things:
  • Oil, oil filter and air filter - I'm using Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5W-30
  • Replace stock drain plug with a high strength Dimple magnetic plug from here
  • Transmission fluid exchange (similar to a flush)
  • Install low profile, ribbed PML ****** pan and LubeLocker gasket
  • Replace low quality PML ****** pan drain plug with a high strength Dimple plug
  • Drain & replace transfer case oil (ATF+4)
  • Install Skid Row transfer case skid plate
I'm happy with everything they did, except I'm concerned they didn't spray paint the places they ground and welded the nuts. They didn't use nutserts, they used nuts with skirts that fit into the existing hexagon holes. I think that's just asking for rust. I'll have to ask them about it Monday when I go in to pay the $440.00 bill.

You must be registered for see images

The pic below shows only 3 bolts holding the TC skid plate, but there are 4. My oxygen tank ran out before I could get a pic of the completed install. This photo was during a trial fit to determine where to drill & tap the last hole - none of the other existing holes lined up.

You must be registered for see images

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not today, but a few days ago. Drove it home from work, all was fine. Next morning, the heater fan wasn't blowing at all. Had to go where I had to go, so drove in 0 degrees with no fan. Wasn't too bad as long as I kept moving, where fresh air movement acted as the fan. All the fuses were fine, so was the relay. So check power at the fan, have that too. Jumped a wire from the ground wire at the fan to the body, and she runs full speed. At least all 4 positions on my fan switch now work. lol Time to replace the resistor, unless the switch is bad, but I doubt 3 positions on the switch would all go bad at once. A couple of days later, while driving home, my right rear passenger window was down about an inch. How the heck did I bump the switch, I say to me. Not that simple, the window is disconnected from the regulator, free to slide up and down by itself. Oh goody, something else to fix. In the meantime, I took some squares of duct tape, folded them in 1/4ths sticky side out, draped them over the top of the glass, and slid the glass/tape up into the channel. It holds, till I get a round tuit. Other than that....

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled a newer lifted Tacoma out of the ditch. Didn't even have to mash the throttle, just threw it in low and released the brake. I had to lock my doors to keep his gf from getting in with me.

Sent from my SM-G900A using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Pulled a newer lifted Tacoma out of the ditch. Didn't even have to mash the throttle, just threw it in low and released the brake. I had to lock my doors to keep his gf from getting in with me.

Sent from my SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Was she that ugly?? :shrug:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looked at her in the garage. Thought maybe I'd get some play time in today but we've got about 30 inches of snow and haven't seen a plow since last night. Lifted or not I wouldn't get far. At least I still have power (heat, water etc)... for now. Hope the 5' drift on my garage roof doesn't bury her. :favorites68:

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We'll this was yesterday. Took a 4hour trip to Muskegon Michigan by myself to see a friend. Driving back and let me tell you there's much more snow here than Toledo

2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with brand new engine ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got the jeep stuck 6 times while plowing.

so much ******* snow.

trader joes in westfield had its roof collapse. i'm worried my auto tents might suffer the same. I can't get the snow off them as I can't reach them.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cut the bottom off of the front bumper,

Before
jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture5898-before-front-bumper-trimmed.jpg

After
jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture5899-after-front-bumper-trimmed.jpg

Inside the passenger fender well after
jharrisliberty-albums-pics-picture5901-inside-fender-well-after-trimmed-i-cut-so-windshield-washer-reservoir-still-concealed.jpg

After that I did a coolant flush and used HOAT antifreeze and distilled water. Then took it for a short drive to go get dinner!:gr_grin:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Cleaned it off and drove it around:

Made it back alive:

I dug the whole driveway out (enough to walk around the Jeep, anyway) in about an hour. Not bad for an old geezer. :mexsmoke:

There are eight vehicles in this picture. Can you find them all?

Last edited:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

Made it back alive:

I dug the whole driveway out (enough to walk around the Jeep, anyway) in about an hour. Not bad for an old geezer. :mexsmoke:

There are seven vehicles in this picture. Can you find them all?

Where's Waldo... Looks like my neighborhood, except only place I can navigate is my driveway. Road through my area is all drifted over. I'm stuck for now.:gr_grin:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Made it back alive:

There are seven vehicles in this picture. Can you find them all?

(dropmouth)SHOCKED.gif:emotions133: