What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Unreal Pics Steve!!
SNOWMAGEDDON !! :icon_lol:
I can't even see the street, but you are the only one brave enough to go out there! :shakehead:
I had to color correct this one for you..
55041[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Dang, how many feet of snow is that? :shrug:

Attachments

• PROF%20DSCN3868.jpg
    PROF%20DSCN3868.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 0

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...I can't even see the street, but you are the only one brave enough to go out there!...
Brave enough? Or dumb enough? :icon_lol:

I will say that I pretty much had the roads to myself.

I had to color correct this one for you...
Cool! I can even see my shadow. If I get scared does it mean six more weeks of winter? :ROFLJest:

Dang, how many feet of snow is that?...
There is so much wind it's hard to say. Some drifts are four feet or more; in other places it's been scoured almost bare. There is a big area in the back yard protected from the wind on three sides which has about 32". I have another shot of the mailbox at the end of the driveway which was taken after some more snow had fallen. I made a note of where on the wrought iron stand the snow came too. Once I can get to it I'll measure it off and see.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brave enough? Or dumb enough? :icon_lol:

I will say that I pretty much had the roads to myself.

Cool! I can even see my shadow. If I get scared does it mean six more weeks of winter? :ROFLJest:

There is so much wind it's hard to say. Some drifts are four feet or more; in other places it's been scoured almost bare. There is a big area in the back yard protected from the wind on three sides which has about 32". I have another shot of the mailbox at the end of the driveway which was taken after some more snow had fallen. I made a note of where on the wrought iron stand the snow came too. Once I can get to it I'll measure it off and see.

Amazing storm! Great pictures. I'll try to get some tomorrow but it was still snowing and blowing up until it got dark. Up here, north and east of Frederick, we officially got 35 inches right down the road at one of the weather stations I guess. Can't really measure with the wind and drifting. I'm on the side of a hill so I've got some 4-5 foot drifts. The county stopped plowing at 7PM so I won't be able to go anywhere for a while. Roads are completely impassable out in the sticks. Funny thing is I lived most of my life up in northeast and north central PA and I only remember one storm like this back in March of '93. We've had 6-8 of them in the 13 years I've lived down here.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back home. Almost 550 miles in two days. I have much more faith in my new engine now. Running strong. Not a hiccup on the way there or back :) sitting at 4,100 miles. Looks like I'll be doing another oil change sooner than I though. Better safe than sorry even with full synthetic. Every 3000 miles or I start to worry.

2002 Jeep Liberty 3.7L with brand new engine ;)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Admit it, Prof!! You've got a cocaine problem, man....:happy175:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya'll can keep all that snow. I want nothing to do with it!!

I've had enough of it too. Don't know how those in the mountains or the "lake effect" regions do it.

Beautiful day out there today. Finished some tidying up this morning so I can get the KJ out of the garage. Guess you can tell who I love more. Wife has the other bay, that was written into the vows. Pics don't really do it justice since there isn't much contrast imaging snow. Just to my right in the one pic is a drift that has to be about 5 foot and the Ranger was buried in that drift as the wind whipped around the house. No one is getting in or out of my are so I always like to have a neighbor visible when shoveling so they can at least establish my time of death. :gr_grin:

Last edited by a moderator:

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was in 09' when I had my Focus, one day of hard snow, 3 days of 50 mph wind gusts I was trapped in town couldn't leave.

Took me an hour and half to get both cars out mine took the most time.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

hard pack on the driveway. because gravel.

Last edited:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KJ, Astro and driveway are clear. The end of the driveway, however, is a nightmare.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm faster at shoveling but he's good with the plow.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fark shoveling it out completely and trying to drive out. just yank it!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Drove out to the mountains for my weekly day of hiking. I knew the road through the park was closed, but they hadn't even plowed the ramp to the external parking area. You couldn't even tell there was a road there except for the traffic signs sticking up through the snow.

You know, boys, if I can drive 70 miles across icy one-lane roads, you can plow a daggone driveway. :emotions34:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove out to the mountains for my weekly day of hiking. I knew the road through the park was closed, but they hadn't even plowed the ramp to the external parking area. You couldn't even tell there was a road there except for the traffic signs sticking up through the snow.

You know, boys, if I can drive 70 miles across icy one-lane roads, you can plow a daggone driveway. :emotions34:

Crap, I still haven't seen a plow. My whole neighborhood is still trapped. Had a big farm tractor (real big) go through with a blade out back and he was struggling even with chains. He did knock the drifts down a bit but no ones going anywhere.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my replacement tabs, threw in the tax disc once I got home. Jeep back to near normal. Hopefully I can have a good warm day to go through it inside front to back and clean it up

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. So I need to "upgrade" the jeep for my tasks.
dedicated snows
DTTs front and rear. (maybe a full locker front?)

which should I do first? keep in mind i'm still on 3.55 gears and am not sure yet if I want to go to 4.10's later on. if I do the DTT would have to be replaced (they're different sizes.)

tires I could do right now, as i have the stock wheels still and the tires on them are shot. if I did tires what should I get? I'd want the hardest of ********* snows available. ultimate snow traction is wanted. should I consider something in the light truck family if it's the right size? I recognize the ride would be rougher but they'd get swapped on and off as needed and they're going to get abused.

Thoughts and options are welcome.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. So I need to "upgrade" the jeep for my tasks.
dedicated snows
DTTs front and rear. (maybe a full locker front?)

which should I do first? keep in mind i'm still on 3.55 gears and am not sure yet if I want to go to 4.10's later on. if I do the DTT would have to be replaced (they're different sizes.)

tires I could do right now, as i have the stock wheels still and the tires on them are shot. if I did tires what should I get? I'd want the hardest of ********* snows available. ultimate snow traction is wanted. should I consider something in the light truck family if it's the right size? I recognize the ride would be rougher but they'd get swapped on and off as needed and they're going to get abused.

Thoughts and options are welcome.

Could probably pick up 3:73 gears pretty quick and cheap. Then DTT those?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Unloaded tools etc to go pick up (5) Moabs
Of all places from a tire shop and no one wants them.:shrug:
Thanks for everyone now going to JK Wranglers no one wants TJ Wrangler wheels :happy175::happy175::happy175:
Depending on what they look like in person, well it will determine where they end up