What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove past a couple KJ's today. I honked, they honked; I waved, they waved. Was a good time for all.

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Spent 90 minutes sweeping the street in front of the house to get rid of all the sand the city spread during the winter. This benefits the Jeep immensely because I will no longer be tracking that stuff in to ruin my weathertech's every time I go for a ride.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw a lifted patriot on my way home from work. Didn't know you could lift them. Funny though my KJ with its saggy-ass suspension was still higher.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Saw a lifted patriot on my way home from work. Didn't know you could lift them. Funny though my KJ with its saggy-ass suspension was still higher.

RRO provides a " spacer lift "
Stus Off Road in Australia provides a full spring lift for them

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
RRO provides a " spacer lift "
Stus Off Road in Australia provides a full spring lift for them

Couldn't tell what type lift from my view point but didn't look bad at all. They seem like a functional vehicle, I'm just not into them that much. the KJ seems way more rugged.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Spent 90 minutes sweeping the street in front of the house to get rid of all the sand the city spread during the winter. This benefits the Jeep immensely because I will no longer be tracking that stuff in to ruin my weathertech's every time I go for a ride.
Don't worry about the WeatherTechs. They are pretty durable.
Mine are well worn from boots, mud, sand, salt from road & french fries.. :icon_lol:
They will fade & somewhat scratch up.
No biggie..Mother's "Back to Black" restores them like new again. :gr_grin:

rcjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldn't tell what type lift from my view point but didn't look bad at all. They seem like a functional vehicle, I'm just not into them that much. the KJ seems way more rugged.

The KJ is more rugged for sure. My wife has a Patriot. It looks good and rides nice, very comfortable inside but the 2.4L 4 cyl motor bugs her. It is buzzy sounding. It has good pick up just doesn't sound right for a 4wd vehicle. She doesn't like the lack of cargo space either but then she had a V6 Pontiac Montana before this.

As for my KJ drove it work and back. Picked up a Trans skid plate off of fleabay. Just need a gas tank skid now.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I noticed the local news station uses a Liberty. Maybe I can get a pic someday.

Local news stations in Toledo use them as well, plus the local PD, various city departments . You can't drive a mile without seeing one around there. I used to work in the same building as the Mayor of Toledo and other various offices, the parking lot looked more like a Jeep dealership than a city parking lot :icon_lol:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drained and filled the transmission. Will do it again in a month or so to get everything.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lessee... in the past couple weeks...
dropped the plow off it finally
got a $130 ticket for expired inspection, while on the way to the inspection station and literally 2 blocks from it! beginning to really hate a December inspection date. it was literally only the 3rd time the jeep's been on public roads since November, and I just never noticed it was expired. I'm blaming the lift. :D
jump started my friend's car 3 times with. 3 month old battery is shit apparently.

other than that now that spring is here it's time to wash and detail it, get under it and start cleaning everything with surface rust for treatment and protection.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Aired up the tires. All four needed about 5 psi added and the spare was worse than that. I'm blaming the yahoo that did the wheel balancing a couple months ago.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
After drilling out broken bolts on the rear diff to get everything back in place , drove it 2.5 miles
Got back in and starts to miss............dreaded P0302 ( #2 cylinder)
To parts store to pull codes ( had already done the switch thing but wanted to double check)
Installed new plug and new coil pack I had here, still the same results
Looks like it time for a tear down.
At least may get in shape, sure wish the parts stores were closer that 5 miles :icon_lol: