What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ElCheapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it to the shooting range this morning.

Cleaned and vacuumed the interior when I got home.

And added a sticker

Me too! Except that vacuuming and sticker part.
Played with my new to me, Marlin model 60, Boyds stock, Simmons 3-9 scope.

Last edited by a moderator:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
You plan to have a lot of stuff back there on your trip? You know the rules: The harder it is to get at your spare the more likely you are to need it. :icon_lol:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me too! Except that vacuuming and sticker part.
Played with my new to me, Marlin model 60, Boyds stock, Simmons 3-9 scope.

My hubby and stepdaughter love their Model 60s. Looks like a tack driver, just like theirs.

They don't have special stocks, though :icon_lol:

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You plan to have a lot of stuff back there on your trip? You know the rules: The harder it is to get at your spare the more likely you are to need it. :icon_lol:

Just Wildmans junk and a cooler, easier to get too than unbolting it from the rear. Just undo a ratchet strap and roll it out the door.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I replaced the ATF +4 in the Transfer Case. It took me longer to clean the old thread compound off the plugs than it did for the rest of the job. The old fluid looked kind of purplish, so I feel good about changing it. It's one of the few things which I have not done well before the scheduled maintenance point, so it was certainly due. We have a very straight section of road and it shifts in and out of 4WD much smoother now. Of course, this might have something to do with the fact that I'm normally doing it in frigid temperatures and it got up near 80F here today. I guess I'll have to wait until next winter to really know. :)

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New Iron Man lift installed and then out to the drive in for a Jeepin' event!

Very Nice, AdamG!! :waytogo:

Bet you had the CJ/TJ/JK crowd doing double-takes. Just grinned from ear to ear, right?? :gr_grin:

Bob

Last edited:

ktmrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Built this shelf from timmyb457's dimensions over in fabrication section.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

ktmrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^ where didja get the material to cover the board? I like the color!

At Lowe's. It was in a barrel with precut indoor/outdoor carpet. It was a big roll but it was pretty cheap. The item number was 652450.

Last edited:

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't do anything to the Libby today, but I finally got around to installing my Scepter cans/holders on my trailer so I have some more fuel range!

I debated on which way to install the holders, basically having only two options:

Option #1: Side by side with the ammo can (storage for clips and such for the trailer) between them in this configuration

Option #2: back to back with the ammo can between them in this configuration

Option #2 won out. They just fit better on the tongue. So, here they are bolted down and ready for action.

These will be nice to have on extended trips! I would have liked a little more storage space, but the ammo box will work for now.

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent! You made the right choice...Much better than option #1!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Some days I wish The Jeep Came with a 40 Gallon tank, to extend back country range.
10 gallons extra would help though. I had thought about moving the spare up to the basket, and placing the cans off the tire mount.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice! :waytogo:

...I would have liked a little more storage space, but the ammo box will work for now.
It looks like you could stack a couple more ammo cans on top of the one you have, then add a simple metal bracket to keep them all from sliding out when you hit the brakes.

Some days I wish The Jeep Came with a 40 Gallon tank, to extend back country range.
10 gallons extra would help though. I had thought about moving the spare up to the basket, and placing the cans off the tire mount.
If I ever have the money, a couple of these will get bolted on somewhere: RotopaX

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I almost always have a 20 Litre NATO gas can on mine. If I find a deal on gas I can grab extra, or while down at the farm we need some its always there handy.
I like the holders that Cobra used, have to see if they have them for the NATO style cans.

Well looks like Metal Tech only carries holders for those dang Specter cans, not the good old fashion NATOs

Last edited:

ElCheapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My hubby and stepdaughter love their Model 60s. Looks like a tack driver, just like theirs.

They don't have special stocks, though :icon_lol:

There ya go with that "hubby" stuff again!:thumbsdown:
I actually bought that rifle as a project. I did the stock, McCarbo spring kit, and the better buffer from Brownells. I plan to Duracoat it yet, most likely a blue as close to the stock as I can get.
Those stocks are only $99, link; Boyds Gunstocks

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score

These will be nice to have on extended trips! I would have liked a little more storage space, but the ammo box will work for now.

That turned out great. I have an idea for a more storage space option 3. Remove ammo can and slide the gas cans together. Get another gas can and bracket to mount in the center in front of the other two. Cut the top off that can, hinge it in the back, and put a hasp lock on the front.

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I ever have the money, a couple of these will get bolted on somewhere: RotopaX
I like the Rotopax concept, but they are expensive, and too small. I need more capacity. Their largest is 4 gallon and costs $120! :icon_frown:

That turned out great. I have an idea for a more storage space option 3. Remove ammo can and slide the gas cans together. Get another gas can and bracket to mount in the center in front of the other two. Cut the top off that can, hinge it in the back, and put a hasp lock on the front.
I thought about something like that, but I didn't want the expense of another can holder ($120) and a metal (non-matching) can to make into a box. I'll eventually get rid of the ammo box and fab something up that fits better and holds more stuff to take it's place.

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the Rotopax concept, but they are expensive, and too small. I need more capacity. Their largest is 4 gallon and costs $120! :icon_frown:

I'm trying to decipher the multitude of mounts on their "Mounting Hardware" page...I'm not seeing what would enable them to mount to a roof rack with round bars...:shrug:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There ya go with that "hubby" stuff again!:thumbsdown:

It amuses me now :icon_twisted:

My stepdaughter's is 2 years old, bought at the local wally world. His is a 197x version he got on Gunbroker with the longer tube and one of the carved stocks (I'd have to look, but oak leaves stick in my head). He did have to do some trigger work on his and clean the hell out of it, but it's a sweet shooter now.