What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
been annoyed with the plastic shrouding at the bottom of the PS glove box being loose.
Finally put it back in its place.
also found wifey's missing shades stuck between the seat and the center console.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
52104[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

I moved the coolant reservoir away a bit to attack the last passenger side rear plug.
Removing is a lot easier with a swivel in between 2 -6" extensions.
Installation is even more fun aint it? :gr_grin:
:party52:

There's crud in your engine bay??! :boxed:

Attachments

• Jeep%20Final%206%20Spark%20Plug%20Installed.jpg
    Jeep%20Final%206%20Spark%20Plug%20Installed.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 0

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes there is a lot of crud after off road last weekend, on the engine right now.
Mud, many places, grime, still finding dead bugs on the intake.
It needs a solid power wash & detail trust me.
Want to come over & help power wash it with me? Beer Supplied! :icon_lol:
Or should I wait until summer & do it then? :shrug:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
It is a good thing I got the work finished up this AM, while it wasn't raining.
52110[/ATTACH]"]

A big Pacific Front just rolled though & heavy rains for over 2 hours.
Just stopped raining now again. Time to take the Jeep out for a boogie...:gr_grin:

Attachments

• 7159.jpg
    7159.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 0

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Even though I live close to the concrete Jungle, This is the area I was off roading last weekend.
About 1.5 hours to get there from the city.
Some amazing trails in the mountains here too.
52112[/ATTACH]"]

Attachments

• Sea%20To%20Sky17.jpg
    Sea%20To%20Sky17.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 0

rcjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think I got the Transfer case sensor on tight enough now. The light is now working like it should. Thank goodness

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changing the spark Plugs on the KJ Jeep really in not that bad compared to many other vehicles!

2008 Toyota Sienna I just said screw it and paid the dealer 400 bucks at 120k. It was worth it to avoid the aggravation. :favorites68:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Even though I live close to the concrete Jungle, This is the area I was off roading last weekend.
About 1.5 hours to get there from the city.
Some amazing trails in the mountains here too...
So, what all is involved in moving to Canada? I can say "eh" with the best of them and I like hockey. Am I good?

2008 Toyota Sienna I just said screw it and paid the dealer 400 bucks at 120k. It was worth it to avoid the aggravation. :favorites68:
Where are they? On the moon? Wow1.gif

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya the plugs are not on the moon they are buried somewhere under there..
and if you tried it yourself, it is about to become very time consuming!
52120[/ATTACH]"]

It is amazing how much stuff you have take off to access the plugs.
If you want an eye opener just look at you tube how to spark plugs 2008 sienna.

Prof ya you are good..hockey & cold beer, great scenery eh!!
You may not want to come here after I tell ya...
BC Canada stands for bring cash! $$
We have the highest gas prices and real estate.
Basic smaller house starts at only 1 Million. A condo 400+k, High rise Apt 5-700K+ with view!

Attachments

• 2008-Toyota-Sienna.jpg
    2008-Toyota-Sienna.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 0

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...BC Canada stands for bring cash! $$
We have the highest gas prices and real estate.
Basic smaller house starts at only 1 Million. A condo 400+k, High rise Apt 5-700K+ with view!

My current rent in Cleveland is $420 a month for a two bedroom apartment. For a million bucks I could buy a whole block and sleep in a different house every night for two weeks. I was actually looking at a place that was asking $79,000 and sold for $10,000 less than that. It was also in a much nicer part of town. (As in, not in Cleveland at all but in a western suburb.)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My current rent in Cleveland is $420 a month for a two bedroom apartment. For a million bucks I could buy a whole block and sleep in a different house every night for two weeks. I was actually looking at a place that was asking $79,000 and sold for $10,000 less than that. It was also in a much nicer part of town. (As in, not in Cleveland at all but in a western suburb.)

I was told one time that a true Clevelander never went anywhere near the west side :shrug::icon_lol:. Was doing Inspections up there and one lady who was born and raised in Cleveland had never been to the west side in her life until she had to go over there with me. :gr_grin:She was 45-50 at the time .

Can't remember the address anymore but one guy did buy a half block of homes there , tore them all down , and built a huge fancy home on the lots. Funny going past all of these old run down homes, then end of the block a huge mansion

Last edited:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The passenger side plugs on an Astro are about as easy as it gets if you jack up that side and remove the inner mudflap thing on the wheel well (no need to remove the tire).

Driver's side, however, is no fun at all. Lots of guys end up just taking it to a shop and paying $3-400 for the job. I never have, but I have long extensions, a wobbly spark plug socket, long spark plug wire pliers and an infinite supply of cusswords and beer ;)

Lemme see if I can find my pic of that side.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found the pics. You can see #1 and #3 here, but #5 is a bit hidden.

In this pic, #3 is on the left. You have to lift up that heat shield, not that it can go far, to get to #5 on the right.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where are they? On the moon?

Might as well be. :icon_lol:

Ya the plugs are not on the moon they are buried somewhere under there..
and if you tried it yourself, it is about to become very time consuming!

It is amazing how much stuff you have take off to access the plugs.
If you want an eye opener just look at you tube how to spark plugs 2008 sienna.

I was all set to do it but the time was more the issue. I've tackled some involved stuff on other vehicles but this seemed ridiculous and had a trip coming up. Bought it brand new and just turned 170k on it. Other than regular maintenance stuff the plugs were about the only things it has needed. Figured what the heck. I still don't know exactly where they are on the firewall side. :shrug:

The passenger side plugs on an Astro are about as easy as it gets if you jack up that side and remove the inner mudflap thing on the wheel well (no need to remove the tire).

Driver's side, however, is no fun at all. Lots of guys end up just taking it to a shop and paying $3-400 for the job. I never have, but I have long extensions, a wobbly spark plug socket, long spark plug wire pliers and an infinite supply of cusswords and beer

I have to think about a water pump on the Sienna soon. Think I'm hearing a bit of a pulley noise and they are known to get iffy over 150k. At least on this engine the water pump isn't driven by the timing belt. One year older and it was a huge job. I've heard I can do mine by going in through the inner fender liner on the Pass side. We'll see.

Amazing the magical things one can do with enough cusswords and beer. :ROFLJest:

Latest posts

Members online