What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Replaced the PCV Valve. Also did a write up on my adventure: ==> http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f202/how-replace-pcv-valve-some-2007-up-jeep-liberty-57837/#post654835 <==

While I was at it I snapped a few pictures of my socket set. I bought a cheap eBay Military Surplus Jeep Tool Bag which holds them nicely.

My modest collection:

You must be registered for see images attach

Rolled up for stowing:

Holding the set to show scale:

Keeps them from rattling around in the back as I drive down the road. :)

ElCheapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't do anything to the Libby today, but I finally got around to installing my Scepter cans/holders on my trailer so I have some more fuel range!

I debated on which way to install the holders, basically having only two options:

Option #1: Side by side with the ammo can (storage for clips and such for the trailer) between them in this configuration

Option #2: back to back with the ammo can between them in this configuration

Option #2 won out. They just fit better on the tongue. So, here they are bolted down and ready for action.

These will be nice to have on extended trips! I would have liked a little more storage space, but the ammo box will work for now.

Do you have the room for something like this; link; Trailer Tongue Boxes
Available many places, in steel or plastic.

ElCheapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It amuses me now :icon_twisted:

My stepdaughter's is 2 years old, bought at the local wally world. His is a 197x version he got on Gunbroker with the longer tube and one of the carved stocks (I'd have to look, but oak leaves stick in my head). He did have to do some trigger work on his and clean the hell out of it, but it's a sweet shooter now.

I got mine from GB too. He probably has the squirrel stock.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Replaced the PCV Valve. Also did a write up on my adventure: ==> http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f202/how-replace-pcv-valve-some-2007-up-jeep-liberty-57837/#post654835 <==

While I was at it I snapped a few pictures of my socket set. I bought a cheap eBay Military Surplus Jeep Tool Bag which holds them nicely.

My modest collection:

Rolled up for stowing:

Holding the set to show scale:

Keeps them from rattling around in the back as I drive down the road. :)

I take old jeans and make my own wrench and tool rolls
work pretty good like you said to keep things from rattling.
Had bought a couple from offroadtrailtools a few years ago, they're nice but I have a new plan on my next ones

rcjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove to work and back again. Just another day. Still trying to pinpoint the vibration I am having. I think it is the rear CV that I replaced. It threw some grease around. The vibration only happens at 65 mph which with driving on I-70 it is a speed it doesn't see often.

I am thinking it could also be a problem with the Flux capacitor. With the new tires it may be out of calibration and trying to activate before I get to 88mph.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove to work and back again. Just another day. Still trying to pinpoint the vibration I am having. I think it is the rear CV that I replaced. It threw some grease around. The vibration only happens at 65 mph which with driving on I-70 it is a speed it doesn't see often.

I am thinking it could also be a problem with the Flux capacitor. With the new tires it may be out of calibration and trying to activate before I get to 88mph.

Do you mean the rear CV on your front driveshaft. If so, mine threw a bunch of grease right after I changed it and then all was fine. I thought I screwed something up but heard another person say the same thing. They actually pulled theirs to check and it appeared fine. I had changed mine about two years and quite a few miles ago and no problems after that initial grease purge. :shrug:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I knew someone would make something out of that. I knew it sounded dirty as I was typing it. Ain't surprised at who it was, neither. :happy175:

rcjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you mean the rear CV on your front driveshaft. If so, mine threw a bunch of grease right after I changed it and then all was fine. I thought I screwed something up but heard another person say the same thing. They actually pulled theirs to check and it appeared fine. I had changed mine about two years and quite a few miles ago and no problems after that initial grease purge. :shrug:

Yeah the rear CV on the front driveshaft. I actually changed both on the front shaft since the back on was bad. That's good to know about the rear CV throwing grease. So I guess I need to search elsewhere for the source of the vibration.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only thing accomplished, in the terrible weather was to get the case of coke out of the back and out of my spare tire cover, then place the spare tire cover back on since there wasn't that much coke that dribbled onto it. So now my spare tire cover is back on and now straight rather than slightly crooked.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Been a while since I suctioned out the power steering reservoir.
I guess the fluid works hard in there, as what I removed wasn't clean anymore!
52199[/ATTACH]"]

New ATF+4 installed and the steering does feel better!

Attachments

• Jeep%20PS%20New%20Fluid.jpg
    Jeep%20PS%20New%20Fluid.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 0