What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tightened down some nuts and bolts, still got that rattling noise so I ordered earlier today a new front cargo/map light unit which I think is the problem though I tried to adjust the plastic lens of the light. Noticed also the seat belt top ring on the passenger side is loose tried to tighten as much as by hand. Might try an impact on it to see if I can get it just a bit tighter. Its really on my nerves that I can't get rid of it and I don't know how it came.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I hear from one more person about how "boy I'd never put a plow on something without a frame" I'm going to drop the $)#$ plow blade on their toes.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's the gears bc G2 said it was an issue that happened before. I'm gonna go with Yukon, Motive or OEM 4:10's.

I ordered nitro gears from jba, hopefully I have a good set, if they arent good the first time im going straight to yukon. I hope you get everything worked out alright.

On a side note I decided to get the steel d30 housing from jba so that I can simply swap the stock axle with the new one, that way I will be able to get the whole project done in 1 day.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I ordered nitro gears from jba, hopefully I have a good set, if they arent good the first time im going straight to yukon. I hope you get everything worked out alright.

On a side note I decided to get the steel d30 housing from jba so that I can simply swap the stock axle with the new one, that way I will be able to get the whole project done in 1 day.

Or just find another stock diff and swap I mean some of us have 2-3 extras laying around :happy175:
So you should find one for cheap. Of course i'd love to have a JBA steel front filled with 4.56s :icon_lol:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh? what's broke.
Dropped a exhaust valve(keeper broke) 9 months ago.Would have been back sooner but had a lot of family issues to sort out 1st.Also would have done it myself but gotta have some sort of warranty so another shop is doing it.At least there giving me a very big discount since we recommend them for more in depth work then my shop wants to deal with.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
***** on the family thing.
I know the story about projects having to be left for reasons.

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a set of Pioneer 3-way speakers in my Infinity equipped KJ today. I basically went by the how-to thread that SabaII did on his with a couple of minor tweaks...

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f201/how-infinity-speaker-replacement-51819/

Instead of using 1/4" holes to mount the amps in the doors. I used smaller machine screws so I didn't have to drill out the amp holes, just 3/16" holes in the doors. I went with 2" long, but 1 1/2" would have worked. I also used a couple of 1/4" nuts for spacers instead of stacking washers. Either way, both got the same results.

The funny thing is, my right front door speaker was not blown like I had thought. When I pulled the lower part of the door panel away, the stock speaker screen fell out. So, I think it was just lying in there against the speaking making a rattling noise.

But I had already put the left front in, so kept plugging along. When I got to the rear doors, I didn't realize they weren't "amp'd". So, it was a bit easier. Someday I would like to change the head unit, but not sure what all that will involve. The front speaker amps had TEN wires going to each one! No clue why.:shrug:

Here are a couple of quick pics....

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
***** on the family thing.
I know the story about projects having to be left for reasons.
Tell me about it,when someone calls me a SOB I say damn right I am,then when I get down to just needing the state to sign off that everything is done(so they can have there cut) that 1 guy ups and dies.2 months of waiting for a stupid sig and he dies and then another 2 months just to wait for the replacement hire.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tell me about it,when someone calls me a SOB I say damn right I am,then when I get down to just needing the state to sign off that everything is done(so they can have there cut) that 1 guy ups and dies.2 months of waiting for a stupid sig and he dies and then another 2 months just to wait for the replacement hire.

Now thats about a crock of sh**

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
They say there are only two sure things in life: Death and Taxes.

Looks like you got both at once. :(

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or just find another stock diff and swap I mean some of us have 2-3 extras laying around :happy175:
So you should find one for cheap. Of course i'd love to have a JBA steel front filled with 4.56s :icon_lol:

Sounds good to me how much would you want for one shipped to 12205? I only need the housing, I have all the internals for it.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
contemplating a way to set up a 'fast idle' for the jeep when I'm plowing. might one of the only times I'm glad I have the throttle by wire setup.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
contemplating a way to set up a 'fast idle' for the jeep when I'm plowing. might one of the only times I'm glad I have the throttle by wire setup.
Only way is via program in the PCM to do so since the TBW setup is 100% PCM controlled and with internal plastic gears any mechanical tampering will damage the TB and they are not really cheap.

The older KJ's with a actual throttle cable it can be done but will result in the MIL turning on when the IAC can't reduce the idle enough to the preset rpm.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the electronic route. plug in (series? parallel? don't know yet) with the pedal and "trick" the computer into thinking I'm resting on the pedal a bit. we're talking about taking idle from the 600-ish rpm it sits at when warm to like 1000rpm or so, so the lights don't dim when I'm actuating the plow.

am however going to try the whole throttle reset trick I keep reading about again and see if that straightens it out.

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did some trimming of the front fender liners because of some slight rubbing with the larger tires when backing and turning. Took it for a pretty quick ride through a bunch of whoops out here in the desert and determined my front shocks are topping out. Not sure of a cure for that, except slow the f*** down! Maybe some kind of limiting straps?

But man does it go fast through the windy, hilly trails I go on right outside our property. Way faster than I could go with the Sidekick because of its stiff, beat you to death suspension. It's almost as fast as I can go on my 700 Kingquad in the tight stuff and was a ton of fun doing it. :waytogo:

Now to get a locker for it. :gr_grin:

Last edited: