What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cardhu, OME shocks and medium springs.
CalCity, I got underneath and could find nothing loose. :shrug:

I did get a little over exuberant once and bottomed out the front end i a long series of whoop-de-do's. I was worried about tearing off a flare, but it didn't touch them, and I have stock bumpstops. Marlin at JBA told me if I went with longer bump stops, I would give up some travel, so I stayed stock. I suppose if I had went with heavy springs, I could go faster, but I didn't build it to be a desert racer. We're old and want the comfort. :gr_grin:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Cardhu, OME shocks and medium springs.
CalCity, I got underneath and could find nothing loose. :shrug:

I did get a little over exuberant once and bottomed out the front end i a long series of whoop-de-do's. I was worried about tearing off a flare, but it didn't touch them, and I have stock bumpstops. Marlin at JBA told me if I went with longer bump stops, I would give up some travel, so I stayed stock. I suppose if I had went with heavy springs, I could go faster, but I didn't build it to be a desert racer. We're old and want the comfort. :gr_grin:

Very little travel would of been given up, but hey its your suspension

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Marlin had a chance to make more money off me............but he didn't feel I would need them. I appreciate that.

I work closely with him on various projects,....... he knows theory
But now your suspension is traveling more than what it was , thats not theory
But if using OME shocks then they will take up some of that

Last edited:

rcjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scraped the ice off yesterday and drove it to work. Filled the tank and zip tied a wreath to the front. Ho! Ho! Ho!

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just ordered more parts for the re-gear, got the intermediate shaft, rear overhaul kit, front axle bearings and seals, and the snap ring for the intermediate shaft. next will be the front overhaul kit and new cv axles. are NAPA reman CVs still the way to go?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
just ordered more parts for the re-gear, got the intermediate shaft, rear overhaul kit, front axle bearings and seals, and the snap ring for the intermediate shaft. next will be the front overhaul kit and new cv axles. are NAPA reman CVs still the way to go?

NAPA remanneds have been hard to come by here in Central Ohio. Not sure if everywhere or not. New ones are about 100-110 here from NAPA and actually have a better boot design that is also heavier duty. You may want to look at both before buying

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
21 3/4" with the plow down.
21 1/2" with the plow up.

I'll let all of you figure out why that's a milestone. :D

Code:
[B]
       ---before---  -----after-----   -plow dn-  -plow up-[U]
wheel  f2h   f2f      f2h      f2f     f2h        f2h        [/U][/B]
LF     18"  32"      22 1/4"  36 1/4"  [B][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]21 3/4"    21 1/2"[/COLOR][/B]
RF     18"  32"      22 3/8"  36 3/8"
LR     19"  32 3/4"  21 1/2"  35 1/4"
RR     19"  32 3/4"  21 3/4"  35 1/2"

Last edited:

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NAPA remanneds have been hard to come by here in Central Ohio. Not sure if everywhere or not. New ones are about 100-110 here from NAPA and actually have a better boot design that is also heavier duty. You may want to look at both before buying

I would prefer to get new ones but I thought there were issues with the new ones from napa? I remember a while back seeing people getting them and having clearance issues on lifted KJ's? if those issues are fixed that is great I would love to buy new ones.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a brush guard someone had for sale for $100, Daughter did not like the look of it on her KJ, My gain though, Going to give it a good sand and thinking about bed lining it but not sure yet, Not the ARB I want but price will work until I get an ARB lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brush Guard is in decent shape but I gave it a good sanding and will paint it tonight with VHT Roll Bar & Chassis paint in Satin Black, Decided in the spring I will give it a much better sand and bed line it if I don't have an ARB by then.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it slowly home from the airport last night. Rear gears are a no-go again. Back to the shop it goes again on Monday.:favorites68: This is really ******* me off.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welp... as now the only open items are...
install Backbone (and trim bumper)
re-install air horn compressor (conflicted with the backbone brackets)

otherwise, she's reassembled and road worthy again. Taking it in on Monday for an alignment (firestone lifetime alignment program FTW.) think in a little bit i'll go out and remount the plow, lift the blade, and let it help settle the front end a bit.

depending on how the numbers change after the backbone is installed, I might make up a "weight" that fits in where the plow hooks up to simulate the backbone and winch combo when it's off the jeep for winter plowing duties, and the plow isn't on the nose. that way I'm not riding around with the nose skyward and the front wheels with negative camber.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it slowly home from the airport last night. Rear gears are a no-go again. Back to the shop it goes again on Monday.:favorites68: This is really ******* me off.

Are you sure it is the gears and not an issue with the installation?

rcjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it to the bank then filled the tank so my daughter can drive it this weekend while I sit with her mom(my wife) whose in the hospital.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Drove it to the bank then filled the tank so my daughter can drive it this weekend while I sit with her mom(my wife) whose in the hospital.
Good luck, I hope it is nothing serious. I just picked up my mom from the hospital yesterday and hope for a speedy homecoming for your wife. :)