What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not that I ever want try it, but if I ever break a bolt head off like that, I'm going to try the nut and welder trick.

cleaned up the garage of all my tools and shit lying around. now I can focus on getting the damn brackets to bolt up. time for some drilling, some grinding, and some welding!

Ya I don't have a welder.... yet.... but it is definitely on the list now

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it again yesterday after getting it back from the shop. The gears that were ordered the first time for the rear diff were bad so a new set went in and all is golden now. I love that my right foot gives me a smile now when driving.:icon_lol:

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took HP line off power steering, replaced with spare from a dodge dakota. Old line is getting sacrificed with new hose from hydraulic shop. Will replace when i get time this week or so.

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it for a drive with the GPS to check the speed with the new 265/70/16 tires. I was pleasantly surprised to see it is near perfect with the factory speedometer. I figured the taller tires would throw it off, although I never went over 60 with it in my short trip. But at 57 indicated, it was nearly identical to the Garmin.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Took it for a drive with the GPS to check the speed with the new 265/70/16 tires. I was pleasantly surprised to see it is near perfect with the factory speedometer. I figured the taller tires would throw it off, although I never went over 60 with it in my short trip. But at 57 indicated, it was nearly identical to the Garmin.

With stock tires brand new mine was 3 MPH slow compared to GPS
Now with 4.10s and 32s its .......yep 3 MPH slow :icon_lol:

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I never did check mine with the stock tires on it. But, I had to go to Reno on I-80 today and decided to take it instead of my truck. Indicated 70 was bouncing between 73-74 on the Garmin. So, it's off a bit but nothing I'm going to worry too much about. My Sidekick was off about 7-8 mph at 70.......when I could get it to go that fast. :gr_grin:

I was happy with the gear as well. There are a few light grades coming back and it only kicked down into 3rd once on the steepest one, for about a quarter mile. Again, the Suzuki would be bouncing back and forth between gears like a ping pong match. In fact I wouldn't even try and keep it at 70 in the windy mountain passes. :emotions34:

If I went any taller than these 30.5's, I would definitely be going with 4.10s. But the 3.73s seem fine so far.

Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just got back from a 1400 mile trip to Memphis and back and found out for the first time (using a GPS speedometer app for my iPhone) that my speedo is 5% off. When my speedo says 70 I'm actually doing 74. Oh well, that just means my odometer will be showing fewer miles than I'm actually driving :mexsmoke:

On another - bummer - note, I was just outside Memphis when the KJ just quit in the middle lane during rush hour. Was able to coast to the shoulder, did the key trick and it showed a P0320, which worried me that the connection to the PCM from the crankshaft position sensor was bad. Got towed to a Jeep dealership, and - 8 HOURS LATER - it finally got repaired with new crankshaft and camshaft sensors. The good news, got both outstanding recalls taken care of ...

Running fine now :emotions34:

Bob

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
^^ Liked for the fact that you got it fixed and the recalls were done.

My speedometer reads 3 mph faster than I'm actually going. Would like to get it synched up right.

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did something I should have done two years ago...changed plugs. 45 minute job turned into an afternoon affair after I touched the plastic PCV tube that transverses the engine to the air box..."snap"...in two places! :favorites68: Called the dealer, found one across the valley (20 miles). Thank goodness it was sunny and 60 today since I had to drag the Mustang out of hibernation to go on a parts run! :gr_grin: Picked up a new tube, and a couple hood struts at NAPA since it was on my way.

I think I may have pulled the original NGK's out today. I can clean these up, re-gap em and toss em back in, can't I? :happy175:
You must be registered for see images attach

Looks like 10 years and 115k miles to me!
This is the biggest wire on my gap tool: 0.080" You can see that the electrode is pretty much gone.

Old vs. new...

I don't think this is supposed to look like this...I barely even touched the dang thing, but after 10 years,these things get brittle! Surprisingly, the new one was only $25 at the dealer.

Runs like a champ! Smoooooth.... :)

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Shoot, CobraNutt, those things you pulled out of there looked like new. Should have saved your money. :ROFLJest:

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think this is supposed to look like this...I barely even touched the dang thing, but after 10 years,these things get brittle! Surprisingly, the new one was only $25 at the dealer.

When I did my lift and pulled the airbox off, I noticed that the plastic tubing on mine is broken exactly like that. Ya don't happen to have a part number do you? :hmm:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did something I should have done two years ago...changed plugs.

I think I may have pulled the original NGK's out today. I can clean these up, re-gap em and toss em back in, can't I? :happy175:

Looks like 10 years and 115k miles to me!
This is the biggest wire on my gap tool: 0.080" You can see that the electrode is pretty much gone.

First time I changed my plugs they looked just like that. Did it just after buying it. Pretty sure they were the originals with 80k on them. Guess the PO didn't do much of that pesky PM on it. :gr_grin:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
This all makes me happy I did mine at 50,000. They didn't look half bad but I'm guessing they were farther along than they seemed.

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I got online and found the one below with that number. Hopefully it is just a mistake. I am 70 miles to the nearest dealer, so usually get stuff like this on the net. Click on the link....

Engine Air Intake Hose for 2005 Jeep Liberty|53013723AC

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I got online and found the one below with that number. Hopefully it is just a mistake. I am 70 miles to the nearest dealer, so usually get stuff like this on the net. Click on the link....

Engine Air Intake Hose for 2005 Jeep Liberty|53013723AC
Yeah...that's weird... Definitely not that piece! lol! I looked on another site, and it has the right part shown...must be a bad link or something from the first site? :shrug:

Click this one: HOSE. Breather, Cylinder Head to Air Cleaner for JEEP LIBERTY (2004 - 2006). #53013723AC

Last edited:

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, I will probably just get it from the place I linked as it's cheaper. At least I know its the correct part number. With $13.95 shipping it's just over $32. Doubtful I can get it much cheaper than that online.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online