What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look into the Rotopax. You could mount it on the spare tire with the available bracket.

The only issue I can see with the Rotopax on the spare tire mount is the added weight to the swing gate hinges. 1 gallon of gas weighs approximately 6 pounds, so putting a couple of their 2 gallon fuel packs on (with brackets and such) could get you up to around 30 lbs. Of course one isn't normally running around with full fuel cans, so I could also be completely full of s@#t.

Disclaimer: The use of Bold lettering is to prevent nit-pickers, A-type personalities, and those who generally just want to argue (by the way, the sky really does look blue) from jumping my a$$ regarding the specifics of fuel weights without taking into consideration the type of fuel and atmospheric conditions; such as temperature, humidity, and moon cycles (ok, I added that last one), but I think you get the point. This is strickly an opinion and the views expressed do not respresent the views of any forum members (except me) or any of its affiliates.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
You didn't specify which planet you were traveling to. Mass and weight are different things, you know. I'd have capitalized "nit-pickers" and "A-type personalities" as well.

Oh, and your shoe's untied. :nutkick:

(I'm sorry. I just had to do it.) :happy175:

PS: I'd rather have my spare gas on the roof myself, but not sure how easy that is with a rooftop tent.

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Attitudes:waytogo::secret::secret::evillol::biggun:

Tom, it is not so much attitude as much as trying to avoid verbal attack's.

It's a trend I see developing with some members jumping on other members who (when asked an opinion or make a simple comment regarding a manufacturers product or whatever) get jumped on like they defiled the Virgin Mary herself.

Disclaimer: I sincerely apologize in advance to anyone who takes offense (or might take offense in the future) to my reference of the Virgin Mary. Sincerely.

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You didn't specify which planet you were traveling to. Mass and weight are different things, you know. I'd have capitalized "nit-pickers" and "A-type personalities" as well.

Oh, and your shoe's untied. :nutkick:

(I'm sorry. I just had to do it.) :happy175:

PS: I'd rather have my spare gas on the roof myself, but not sure how easy that is with a rooftop tent.

You are absolutely right...my shoe was untied. Welcome to planet Earth. And capitalizing would have implied an occupation like Doctor, Lawyer, Nitpicker)...and I am not here to judge...only point out the obvious (and not so obvious).

I really wish you were closer to Oregon (capitalized because it's a state, not an job)...just living here is...a job, that is. We would have such fun.

Disclaimer: We are joking with eachother.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tom, it is not so much attitude as much as trying to avoid verbal attack's.

It's a trend I see developing with some members jumping on other members who (when asked an opinion or make a simple comment regarding a manufacturers product or whatever) get jumped on like they defiled the Virgin Mary herself.

Disclaimer: I sincerely apologize in advance to anyone who takes offense (or might take offense in the future) to my reference of the Virgin Mary. Sincerely.

Some answers are or maybe more slanted to some readers and I'm guilty as are most everyone. You jump on for a few minutes and you answer a question quickly with the least words possible, later when you have more time you come back and see that it could be read as " you're a dip*hit do it right" You may have meant "If you would of done A before B, but after F it would of turned out better"
Of course there are a few who sugar coat each and every answer but never completely give you a true answer cause they don't know and have never done what you are talking about anyways.
So its all give and take, learn what you can , don't read what you don't want to read. Been like that since I got on the forums over 10 years ago.
By the way if you start reading what you think are sugar coated answers from me, well my account has been hacked .:evillol::evillol::evillol:

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KJmurf, you forgot to mention the weight difference between unleaded and leaded gas! lol

Ohhhh....you farging icehole...I spit in your general direction...:waytogo:

BTW...if you can find it...let me know how that leaded gas is working for you.

Probably better than this 15% ethanol crap that I'm forced to buy.

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...I really wish you were closer to Oregon...We would have such fun...
That sounds like a veiled threat. HEY EVERYBODY - MURF IS GONNA TRY AND BEAT ME UP!!!!! :icon_evil:

Disclaimer: We are joking with eachother.
Oh, yeah...umm...I knew that... :hidesbehindsofa:

:love62:

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a veiled threat. HEY EVERYBODY - MURF IS GONNA TRY AND BEAT ME UP!!!!! :icon_evil:

Oh, yeah...umm...I knew that... :hidesbehindsofa:

:love62:

profdlp...the threat was never veiled...it was right out here in the open...

Can't we all just get a Long...:handshake:...Island Iced-tea?

Too soon?

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't drink, but flowers would be nice. :flowers2:

Flowers...and a box of chocolates it is Maverick...you big Stud.

And now for something completely different..........

You could add jerry can mounts on to the back of your rack and use a one-way siphon tube, so you don't have to lug it back off the rack when full. Some service stations are even nice enough to fill them while on the rack.

Last edited:

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, here is the start of Roof Rails Phase 2...with pics and conceptual drawings.

Lower rack with second set of roof rails and connecting tube/lightbar across the front.

Last edited:

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Murf,

I see you are in Bend, I'm in North Bend. For those of you who do not know, they are no where near each other. LOL. Probably about a 3 or 4 hour drive. You got any good of road trails out that way? My off roading here is limited to mostly logging roads and cat roads, and the beach of course. I would really like to try something like Rubicon trail, just not quite that difficult, or technical, for my first try, and stock suspension Liberty.

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alot of fun desert trails, mountain logging roads (like the coast), some rock stuff, but that's just asking for trouble.

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I weren't such an Indians fan, I would write you off.:rockit:

Last edited:

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alot of fun desert trails, mountain logging roads (like the coast), some rock stuff, but that's just asking for trouble.

Maybe we should plan a weekend or something. Yours is 4x4 right? I'd bring my wife and daughter, a big cooler of food and a tent, you bring whoever and some sodas, and a tent, and I think it would be fun. We could just go until we find someplace nice to camp for a night or two, and put our rigs to the test a bit, to see what they can do.

What do you think?