What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I drove my KJ out of a snow bank for a drive around the block.
Then I cleaned a month's worth of snow off of the roof & hood.
It was nice to drive it again. I miss my KJ.

I haven't been able to drive it because it needs some bodywork to pass an inspection to make it road worthy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mightybeet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
285k+ miles... driver side rear door lock making grind noise when unlocking with remote and switch. i am impressed that my conveniences have lasted this long yet saddened that i might not find another jeep with such good electricals.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gave it a little TLC. Oil change, lube, new wiper blades, wash, vacuumed, clay bar, cleaned all the glass and treated all the plastics. Oh we also watched the Nascar race together at the same time.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
300+ mile round trip today.

Did this too:
You must be registered for see images

And I finally sat and did the math... with tire size differences, I'm actually coming in just above 235K miles... not the 250Kish like I thought. :p

Full tune up and oil change coming tomorrow. Supposed to be in the mid-60's here tomorrow. :badger_1:

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the nice thing about having taller tires, and not recalibrating the speedo. The tires are traveling more miles than the Jeep thinks it's doing. I have no intention of correcting my speedo.

Rhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rebooted Driver side outer cv axel, alignment, and resolved coolant leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added some color.
You must be registered for see images attach

Still have to get cotter pins for the castle nuts, and torque everything to spec.
Then it's final assembly, alignment and back on (or off) the road.:waytogo:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
That's the nice thing about having taller tires, and not recalibrating the speedo. The tires are traveling more miles than the Jeep thinks it's doing. I have no intention of correcting my speedo.

I like that, but I also like to know what the actual mileage should be.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Finished up the light brackets today
Took an old bent/ twisted up XJ aftermarket bumper that Wildman threw away and made some mounting brackets for the Hella FF700 and the Hella FF100 fogs to mount to
Wanted the Driving lights up near the headlights and didn't have an area for the fogs so this is what I came up with.
Version 1 of the bracket shown, V-2 was better I think well maybe ha ha

headlights / driving and fog on

and everything just for S's and G's

Of course this will change very soon when........................................:smoke2:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Installed my Monroe rear glass struts (it was FINALLY warm enough!) and boy do these things do the job. One of them alone beats the old pair combined and with both of them on there I could use the hatch to throw baseballs. Maybe I'll rent the Jeep out to the local HS team for batting practice.

Adjusted the rear hatch juice nozzle while I was at it (thanks for the advice, BillWill!) and checked the oil, which was fine. It was a good day. :)

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
Installed my Monroe rear glass struts (it was FINALLY warm enough!) and boy do these things do the job. One of them alone beats the old pair combined and with both of them on there I could use the hatch to throw baseballs. Maybe I'll rent the Jeep out to the local HS team for batting practice.

Those Monroe's are fantastic. Put them on last summer and the first time I pulled the handle the glass almost took my head off. Before them I couldn't even tell it opened. :gr_grin:

Got exhaust manifold bolt/studs, thermostat and front crank seal from Mopar.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those Monroe's are fantastic. Put them on last summer and the first time I pulled the handle the glass almost took my head off. Before them I couldn't even tell it opened. :gr_grin:

Thanks to the warnings on here, I was a couple steps back when I hit the button :gr_grin:

Closing it, however, required actual effort.

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the warnings on here, I was a couple steps back when I hit the button :gr_grin:

Closing it, however, required actual effort.

My rear window struts are ok, probably need to replace them though, but I am having trouble closing the back window. I have to slam it with due force to get it to latch. Any ideas how to fix that?

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear window struts are ok, probably need to replace them though, but I am having trouble closing the back window. I have to slam it with due force to get it to latch. Any ideas how to fix that?

When in doubt... Lube.

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did shoot it with some spray lube but that didn't help. I guess I should have mentioned that. :-/

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, you might need the ol' hatch latch catch patch.

I have not had to fool with it myself, but apparently the catch can shift around and get out of whack. According to my Jeep's service record, the only thing the previous owner had to do to it besides routine maintenance was a latch adjustment. See if there are some screws you can loosen in order to let the latch float around a bit and hopefully realign itself.

Last edited:

EvilSnipa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally the junk yard here has got liberty's

Hit LKQ a junk yard around here and got a few things i needed :)

Latest posts

Members online