What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going into the shop tomorrow, I can't take it any more and I can't wait any longer for old man winter to leave. Getting the front hubs changed out tomorrow.

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
Jeep is officially headless. Got the driver side head off tonight thanks to the stubby ratcheting wrench advice of TJKJ and Tom. Worked like a charm. That's a tight fit. Hopefully you can't see all the mouse crap in the images.

Now off to the machine shop to see if they can be rebuilt... and alot of cleaning. Still have to evaluate the bottom end as it looks a bit sketchy to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Good job Blue
Hopefully they can get your heads fixed up
Can't wait to get the silver Rene down here this weekend and dehead it to see if I can find the problem. I have a set of new stock heads stashed away if its the issue with it though.
I have a set of wheel bearings that came in from a friend today to install on mine someday here

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front wheel hubs changed, rear wiper arm changed, front driver side fender flare and bumper held better in place with a shim. Noise still there, I now really think its the tires. Tomorrow if its slow enough, one tire rotation see if the noise follows.

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maintenance

New ****** mount and motor mounts, thermostat, hoses, coolant.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeep is officially headless. Got the driver side head off tonight thanks to the stubby ratcheting wrench advice of TJKJ and Tom. Worked like a charm. That's a tight fit. Hopefully you can't see all the mouse crap in the images.

Now off to the machine shop to see if they can be rebuilt... and alot of cleaning. Still have to evaluate the bottom end as it looks a bit sketchy to me.

Did you use the stubbies for the bolts on the V-clamps used on the exhaust manifolds? Those things can be a pain in the butt, especially on the passenger side :Stupid Me:

Keep us posted!

Bob

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amazon comes through for me again...along with my Amex Reward points! :)
Got my radio today along with my antenna and my new Benchmark Utah Road & Recreation Atlas.
Preparing to have a fun summer filled with lots of exploring!

This little beast is HEAVY! It appears to be a few electronics wrapped up in a giant heatsink!
Can't wait to put it to use once I get my license to operate. :)
...now to figure out where to put it in the Libby...

You must be registered for see images attach

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amazon comes through for me again...along with my Amex Reward points! :)
Got my radio today along with my antenna and my new Benchmark Utah Road & Recreation Atlas.
Preparing to have a fun summer filled with lots of exploring!

This little beast is HEAVY! It appears to be a few electronics wrapped up in a giant heatsink!
Can't wait to put it to use once I get my license to operate. :)
...now to figure out where to put it in the Libby...

I have one of those actually. FT-2900R, had it mounted on the center console for a long time. Upgraded to a kenwood D710 and moved the yaesu to the home.

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
Good luck, 02blue. You'll get it going. :cheers:

Good job Blue
Hopefully they can get your heads fixed up
Can't wait to get the silver Rene down here this weekend and dehead it to see if I can find the problem. I have a set of new stock heads stashed away if its the issue with it though.
I have a set of wheel bearings that came in from a friend today to install on mine someday here

Thanks. I'm still trying to decide on a machine shop. I just pulled the exhaust manifolds and cam sensor this evening. Long day.

Did you use the stubbies for the bolts on the V-clamps used on the exhaust manifolds? Those things can be a pain in the butt, especially on the passenger side :Stupid Me:

Keep us posted!

Bob

I actually used the stubby on only the driver's side V-clamp. The passenger side was easy with about three feet of extensions. I had no straight shot at the driver side and could barely fit my arm up there. The nut was facing forward with no room to put a deep socket or regular wrench on. Stubby worked very well. I'm going to start a new thread with some questions and progress very soon. Weekdays are tough with long days so I'm more of a weekend warrior.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
One bracket made, one to go for the other side then paint
couple of things I wish now I would of done differently but when finished no one will know :insane:

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did some very intent at the noise while driving to and from work. Narrowed down two possible sources since the noise is speed related, lower trim molding that goes under the the door along the rocker panel. The second is the black plastic case under the hood for the loom that goes around the vacuum booster. Its kinda loose and there is a hookup that rocks around quite well. So I will fix those tomorrow and see what that brings, No vibrations no loose nuts, no chopping or cupping on the tires. Its been leaving me partially stumped.

72specialized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got sick of looking at my ugly black steel wheels with snow tires so I put my summer wheels with all seasons on. Hopefully the damn snow is done. Also gave the interior a good vacuum and cleaned the inside of my windshield. Will probably be ordering a JBA 3.5 lift in next couple weeks.

Alan

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I planned on installing the new UCAs and getting it back on the road. But the chuckleheads at UPS decided not to deliver my new parts yesterday.:mad3:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gave her a checkup. Everything looks good :). Installed a air hose reel in the garage making filling up tires much much easier.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went outside to take some more measurements for my rear UCA bracket. While I was out there I decided to start it up and let it run for a bit since it's been sitting for a couple weeks. After a couple of minutes smoke started rolling out of the back of the motor. I figured the valve cover gasket that people were talking about on here, but it looks like coolant pouring out of the back of the head. Just one more thing to throw on the pile. :pp: :disgust: (banghead)

Armysniper

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Install this new hid headlights, original lights have 1,200 lumens.
The new ones 2,300 lumens. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went outside to take some more measurements for my rear UCA bracket. While I was out there I decided to start it up and let it run for a bit since it's been sitting for a couple weeks. After a couple of minutes smoke started rolling out of the back of the motor. I figured the valve cover gasket that people were talking about on here, but it looks like coolant pouring out of the back of the head. Just one more thing to throw on the pile. :pp: :disgust: (banghead)

Bummer :(

Members online

No members online now.