What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You all need a nice warm garage!
Mine's nice and toasty at 65-70,
BUT the problem is I still have parts to install on mine
so....................
no matter if its hot or cold
snowing / raining/ or the sun is high in the sky and 90 degrees
there's still things you can or must do :doh2::laughing1:

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the jeep out over the weekend for our anniversary. Went to the western slope, did some limited exploring(forest roads closed). Had lunch in Creede, CO on sunday, and missed most of the bad weather that hit home Saturday eve. Going to order new gears for the rear end this afternoon, hopefully get them in sometime this month.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
New rear wiper, fueled & seafoamed, re-secured my CB mic on the dash (previous mounting points were coming loose), and FINALLY going to go outside and look for gremlins.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need this winter to end. I've got a pile of parts and plans for things to do on the Jeep but no good weather in which to do them.

I've been searching for old man winter with the Winchester to make him stop. I really REALLY REALLY need it to get warm and stay warm so I can do the front hubs badly. I'm about to crack and bribe my friend at a shop if he'll let me use his lifts to do it.

Washed the Jeep in the Snow because I got unlucky and had to follow a liquid de-icing truck this morning to work, for the most part the trip to work was enjoyable since I was able to fully test out the cruise to where everything works. Here's pics of the Jeep with new spare tire cover, and plate covers on. Wifes car is next to the Jeep, it needs washed and front end repairs which will be done this summer by me. I hate body shops, I will be able to get what I need from a salvage yard, and replace in one day. Body shops here two weeks at minimum.

You must be registered for see images attach

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Mossberg 12 GA, Remington .22.

And those are the ones I'll talk about. :hat:

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do also like S&W .44 Mag. Though a special revolver I want and only know of one possible working replica is the ''Angel Arms .454'' based off Mateba's Auto Revolver which has the barrel at 6 o'clock. :icon_mrgreen:

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't happen today, but went to Lake Tahoe on Thursday (bachelor party...and yes, I have younger friends who are still not yet married...). Looked on Craigslist before I left and found a guy selling a front skid plate in Sparks for (wait for it).........$5.
Please do not adjust your computer screens ladies and gentlemen, you saw it correctly...but I am not even to the best part.

We decided to meet on Sunday, before leaving the Reno area. Text'd him on Sunday and he could not meet as late as planned....so (knowing that my friends and I were going to Sierra Trading Post), he texts me and says that he left the skid plate behind a dumpster in the parking lot and if it's still there when I arrive...it's mine, gratis. :grd: I text'd him back, asked for his address (to mail him the money), but he declined payment.

Anyway, we show up a couple hours later and lo and behold, it is right where he left it. :emoticondancer: So, I just want to thank Jeremy, of Sparks, Nevada...probably not on the forum, but no matter. Great ending to an EPIC weekend in Tahoe.

And BTW, today I bought the 4 bolts for it and put it on. Total cost $4.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Got any good lottery numbers you'd recommend there, Murf? :happy107:

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got any good lottery numbers you'd recommend there, Murf? :happy107:

Sorry, no, that was about the only "good luck" I had this weekend:shrug:...besides the great weather and making the 700 mile trip without incident in our buddies new Ram 1500 QuadCab.

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know, you shouldn't bring up guns with me on the forum. I love my guns, but my favorite is my Model of 1917 Remington 30.06 which was made in September of 1918 for use in WWI. I bought it at a gun show about 4 years ago. The previous owner had done some remodeling of the stock and cut down the barrel to 20 inches. I made a thumbhold stock for it out of laminated wood which was dyed red green blue and brown. I free floated the barrel, milled off the "ears", and added peep sites. I had the barrel shortened to 16.25 inches, and it is a dream to shoot, and carying it in the thick woods is no problem at all, because of it being so short. It shoots 5 shot groups from a bench rest into a dime sized hole at 100 years. It still shoots 150gr hand loads at 2800fps too.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know, you shouldn't bring up guns with me on the forum. I love my guns, but my favorite is my Model of 1917 Remington 30.06 which was made in September of 1918 for use in WWI. I bought it at a gun show about 4 years ago. The previous owner had done some remodeling of the stock and cut down the barrel to 20 inches. I made a thumbhold stock for it out of laminated wood which was dyed red green blue and brown. I free floated the barrel, milled off the "ears", and added peep sites. I had the barrel shortened to 16.25 inches, and it is a dream to shoot, and carying it in the thick woods is no problem at all, because of it being so short. It shoots 5 shot groups from a bench rest into a dime sized hole at 100 years. It still shoots 150gr hand loads at 2800fps too.

We gave a gun thread somewhere - lots of us like guns ;)