What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm on the road till March 15 (I make my year's income in a 3 month selling season that's mandated to end in March) and I'm driving like crazy this year, so...

Changed the oil today at the 3000 mile mark - after just changing it 11 days ago :jawdrop: Will change it again in 10 to 12 days (yea, I know I could extend the OCI but I'm **** that way.) Haven't been able to check in much lately but I'll post when I can.

See ya'll! :driver:

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So I'm on the road till March 15 (I make my year's income in a 3 month selling season that's mandated to end in March) and I'm driving like crazy this year, so...

Changed the oil today at the 3000 mile mark - after just changing it 11 days ago :jawdrop: Will change it again in 10 to 12 days (yea, I know I could extend the OCI but I'm **** that way.) Haven't been able to check in much lately but I'll post when I can.

See ya'll! :driver:

Bob

HI YA BOB !!! Glad to see you're still on the move !

KJScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New plugs in today. Silicone grease for all connections and air blasted the rest of the engine afterwards. Base on the amount of white feathers blowing around, a bird must have met its demise in the engine bay sometime in the last 12 years

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Broke my Libby out of bondage at the shop. Drove a hundred miles, found the whine sound source and replaced the two tension pulleys to fix it. Gave her a hug and welcomed her home!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Broke my Libby out of bondage at the shop. Drove a hundred miles, found the whine sound source and replaced the two tension pulleys to fix it. Gave her a hug and welcomed her home!
Whole tensioner assembly or just the pulleys? If just pulleys I'd advise replacing the tensioner as well since they weaken over time and will not keep the belt at the right tension

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whole tensioner assembly or just the pulleys? If just pulleys I'd advise replacing the tensioner as well since they weaken over time and will not keep the belt at the right tension

Just the pulleys for right now. That's all I could find in stock, here in town. I'll keep an eye on the belt though and keep what you said in mind. Thanks!

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the driver, passenger cvs and intermediate shaft. Changed my upper a arms out. Replaced tie rod ends.... Talked wife into a winch and made appointment for alignment monday

Sent with the power of children's screams!!!

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Replaced the driver, passenger cvs and intermediate shaft. Changed my upper a arms out. Replaced tie rod ends.... Talked wife into a winch and made appointment for alignment monday

That's a busy day :waytogo:

and to cap it off with "Talked wife into a winch" *whistles* ;)

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a busy day :waytogo:

and to cap it off with "Talked wife into a winch" *whistles* ;)

Actually it only took around three hours or so.

I actually made a deal with her, nice dinner/date night. Fair trade for me, I won either way.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is something so satisfying about an oil change. 121k and lots more to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Peanut Butter

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I get you to talk to my wife???:rotflmao:

I dont think you or my wife would like that......I can give you a tip. They control everything, its a womans world.....happy wife, happy life. You have to make deals with them to make them feel special. My wife is spolied.

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
I actually made a deal with her, nice dinner/date night. Fair trade for me, I won either way.

You have to make deals with them to make them feel special. My wife is spolied.

Great advice! I've got to work a bit more on my strategy though. After 22 years of marriage I think she'll know I'm up to something.:Nonono:

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great advice! I've got to work a bit more on my strategy though. After 22 years of marriage I think she'll know I'm up to something.:Nonono:

LOL, they are smarter than us men give them. Im driving home now (with the Jeep and trailer) bringing home her three person swing she bought but wouldn't fit in her WK

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score

Convince her it was her idea to begin with and you've got it made.

(Disclosure: I was married once and have been divorced for 20+ years now. Take my advice with a grain of salt.) :pimp:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Marry a woman that understands you have an addiction! :insane:
I'm lucky though as long as the bills are paid she doesn't care what I do with my money, same way I am with her and her money.
Of course my wife's also half way around the world and a lot has been changed on mine since she saw it last in 2008 :hidesbehindsofa:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
There is something so satisfying about an oil change ( when you get done and you haven't spilled any .) 121k and lots more to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Peanut Butter

There fixed it for ya.
I never spill any but some who use my garage always seem to :Nonono:

N8s Renegade

Reaction score
Had to take it in to shop because 3.7 decided to take a poop today after giving 193,000 + miles. Looking to hear anyone's experiences on the issue of a 3.7 heart transplant.