What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice! :)

Probably a dumb question, or you wouldn't have put it there, but does the CB get in the way of your leg at all? I like the location but was afraid of doing mine like that for fear it would bang my shins.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at that spot for my cb as well but I'm a taller guy so that wasn't going to work for me haha

Looks good! I'm curious about how the signal is on that antenna since it's mounted in the open it should be pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Peanut Butter

Ian

Reaction score
Nice! :)

Probably a dumb question, or you wouldn't have put it there, but does the CB get in the way of your leg at all? I like the location but was afraid of doing mine like that for fear it would bang my shins.

I drove it rite after the install and I had no issues with it. I ended up just laying the mic across the steering column because I wanted the cable away from my legs, and I don't much like the look of the mount when its right in the middle of the dash.

I'm hoping the signal will be good with so much of the antenna open. I was a little nervous about having it out front at first, but it's not bad. Can't wait to get the snow tires off and get the M/T's on it this spring.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an under seat CB, and the mic is hanging in the same spot. Seems to be the most logical and handy place to put it. At 6'3", my leg hits the center console before it hits the dash! ;)

Ian

Reaction score
I thought about going under the seat but we have so many rigs out here running them you have to change the channel often.

Ian

Reaction score
I installed the OTIS today. Went to the junk yard and ripped apart a 99 intrepid. I took the time to trace the wires back all the way down the a pillar and cut the wire harness apart so I had enough write that I did not have to add any. While I was there I went ahead and pulled the ambient temp sensor from the intrepid, you know just in case I got lucky. Install went great and as it turns out it's even the same sensor. I successfully completed the install for less than $10.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My radio is an under the seat type. The mic has the controls on it, not the box.

You must be registered for see images attach

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to be Burma Shave-ish, lol, but what kind of an antenna do you use? I found out that my magnet mount base lets go of the roof once I'm going about 65-70....oops. Good thing it's not a wireless antenna! ;)

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm near Cleveland

Don't forget

It hasn't hit

My fender yet

(If this catches on forum-wide we're both going to regret it...) :hidesbehindsofa:

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the front and rear brake pads and rotors on our 07. Also replaced the emergency brake shoes, the original ones fell apart when I pulled the rotor off to check them.

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today, fabricating mounts...

for my gas cans...

if all goes well...

I could end up with "fans"...

I KNOW YOU D'INT JUST SAY DAT!...OH YES I DID! :jawdrop:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you know, I read the last half dozen or so posts backwards and was like all WTF?!?!?!?