What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jnors06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed ironman springs and struts in the front along with a 3/8" clevis, I will be installing the rear later today. Tires are 31-10.50x15
You must be registered for see images

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed 327 pounds of road salt off of it :joke: , changed the oil for the second time this month (3000 mile intervals!), and then...

Gave it a couple of taps on the butt for a job well done this winter :anitoof:

Bob

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed 327 pounds of road salt off of it :joke: , changed the oil for the second time this month (3000 mile intervals!), and then...

Bob

I want to wash her but it's too cold :(. She will have to wait until after the snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Peanut Butter

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I washed mine at the point 'n' spray .... by the time I got home it was almost as if I'd done nothing. :happy175: Had to get the undercarriage hosed down though.

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
Pulled it up on some ramps and crawled all around under mine. Still trying to locate this soft knock. Not very loud but still there even when warmed up. Still not positive it's from the bottom. Might be some type of sound conduction down from the sketchy top end. confused2.gif

Right side cam cover gasket is leaking at the back and onto the exhaust. New engine will fix that right up. :roflbow:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I washed mine at the point 'n' spray .... by the time I got home it was almost as if I'd done nothing. :happy175: Had to get the undercarriage hosed down though.

I did the same Luke. Power sprayed the pig really good, especially the underneath and it came out good and made me feel good until I got it home and then looked and it was starting to turn white again already.

I am ready for spring.

Dave

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
So Much Salt On Roads Here!
Mainly from black Ice this week/melting snow.
This auto wash has a very powerful under carriage ..Master Blaster...
KJ SO needed a bath! It looks good and Runs Well!
48456[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Too Bad I Don't ...Major head cold and feel & look like crap.
More snow expected tonight into Sunday. (3"?)
I am looking forward to any forecast that does not say snow,freezing, black ice, and salted roads!

Attachments

• JeepWash.jpg
    JeepWash.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 0

72specialized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya washed mine too. It was getting hard to see out the windows in the sunshine. Got it home and vacuumed it out and even took a damp cloth to all the hard surfaces for a quick winter cleaning.

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still working on my neighbors TJ roof rack...

2 more cross supports to go in on Sunday and then he gets to grind and paint at his leisure (my work will be done).

It has been 3 days of measure (then re-measure), repeat, cut, tweak, pull, push, weld, and measure again.

Love it!!

Last edited by a moderator:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Coming along quite nicely. I hope your neighbor appreciates it. :happy160:

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coming along quite nicely. I hope your neighbor appreciates it. :happy160:

Very much so...he has bought all his tubing (approx. $110), the HF pipe bender, the hole saw drill bits, and the tubing I needed to finish my sliders. Even after all that he is in it less than $250 (plus whatever type of finish he wants to put on it).

He understands (and greatly appreciates) my time in doing this and the money he is saving. Honestly though, I am having a blast doing it, so my time is well spent. Plus, we are doing it ourselves, which gives us some gratification and adds a little "cool" factor.:hat:

I only wish that more of you guys were in this area. We could be outfitting everyone with roof rails, rock-sliders, bumpers, etc. at a fraction of the retail cost.

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...Plus, we are doing it ourselves, which gives us some gratification and adds a little "cool" factor...
That adds a LOT of "cool" factor. You guys are going to have years of fun answering people's question when they ask "Where did you buy that?". :D

I only wish that more of you guys were in this area. We could be outfitting everyone with roof rails, rock-sliders, bumpers, etc. at a fraction of the retail cost.
Wish I was closer. I'd be setting something up right now. :waytogo:

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Bob

My ex-wife called my 327 pounds of road salt once...once!...(obscure "Johnny Dangerously" quote)

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I've never heard of Johnny Dangerously, but it brings back some heated conversations I used to have on the playground back at Barrett Elementary. :help:

Latest posts

Members online