What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ephantmon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the glass lift supports (shocks) in the back. They lift (and stay up) so nicely now!

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watched the odo flip to 149,000 miles. At this point the only things that have that many miles on them are the transfer case, front wheel bearings, exhaust system and the chassis/body. Everything else is either new or has been swapped out for components from other KJ's, like front and rear diffs from a 4 cylinder Liberty (with a LOT less miles!)

You must be registered for see images

Bob

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took off all my skid plates. Man that's a pain. Hopefully I won't have to do it again for a while after this one.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nothing!
drove the car finally :D

Gotta drive it to get that magic 300k miles on her somehow.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got her back from the dealer with all new parts after getting rear ended by FLO and no unibody or paneles damaged. YAHOOO Hated driving that KIA and looking under bumpers. Now I'm back to looking over roofs and riding HI. Bring on the snow Michigan.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news everyone! I finally figured out that it wasn't the efan and was just the HD cooling fan's clutch!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The damn Jeep is acting like a 3 year old that has a newborn baby sister/brother.It's throwing a major temper tantrum since I've been driving the Town Car more then it.

Got home,got out of the Town Car and into the KJ to go get something to eat and when I started the KJ the AC clutch bearings decided they want to start making noises.Well the KJ will be getting some loving via a new compressor, accumulator, and high pressure line.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The damn Jeep is acting like a 3 year old that has a newborn baby sister/brother.It's throwing a major temper tantrum since I've been driving the Town Car more then it.

Got home,got out of the Town Car and into the KJ to go get something to eat and when I started the KJ the AC clutch bearings decided they want to start making noises.Well the KJ will be getting some loving via a new compressor, accumulator, and high pressure line.

KJ's love to be driven, don't they?

Course, it works out well cuz I love to drive mine too... :waytogo:

Bob

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why did you have to take them off?

I'm at the dealer having them do a coolant flush and block heater install. Saves them time which saves me money. Also I was doing an inspection of my undercoating while it was warm. So far so good.

Edit: Coolant flush and block heater install went well. Problem is one of my crank sensors was "spewing" oil. I visually confirmed this. It was frozen in the block so they had to drill it out. Just Empty Every Pocket. BUT its good that they found it now and everything else checks out on my engine. Also I always like getting compliments about The Lady and there were plenty from the mechanics and service guys! When I got home I put on all her armor :)

Sent from my iPhone using Peanut Butter

Last edited:

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean tjkj2002. My KJ has been fussing lately too since I no longer drive it every day.
So today I gave it some love.

Ran it thru the automatic car wash (not my preferred method of bathing it, but it's too cold for anything else)

Changed the oil, checked tire pressure, blasted the tie-rod bushings with silicone, checked tire pressure.
I was going to vacuum and clean the interior, but I ran out of ambition and time..

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean tjkj2002. My KJ has been fussing lately too since I no longer drive it every day.
So today I gave it some love.

Ran it thru the automatic car wash (not my preferred method of bathing it, but it's too cold for anything else)

Changed the oil, checked tire pressure, blasted the tie-rod bushings with silicone, checked tire pressure.
I was going to vacuum and clean the interior, but I ran out of ambition and time..
I wish I could go through those automatic car washes,been like 4+ years now since I can no longer use those.

Well the KJ will be getting drove for the next 4 days straight since the Town Car will be down for mods.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seriously need to clean my interior but this damn wind won't let up and now we're in the middle of a blizzard so it's gonna have to wait. What are you doing to the town car Troy? 12 inch lift and a 4x4 conversion?

Sent from my HTC One using the power of Mary's purse