What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday.....took out my front passenger cv axel for replacement. In nice 68°f weather here in south east Texas.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

How did that go? I'm considering doing that when I get slightly warmer weather or a garage to do it in. I changed the oil/oil filter and bought some new LBJ's for next week.

Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
moved it out of the garage so I could pull the car in and replace the exhaust. totally rotted off the car... literally. jeeps back indoors now, and I'm waiting on a call back from midas about my muffler being in stock so I can get it replaced FOR FREE.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Our worst freeze is coming Monday and Tuesday... they say.

Stay warm out there!

Here's a lovely forecast:

You must be registered for see images attach

We are also in the 8"-15" more snow (on top of the 9" we had the last few days) area, so fun, fun, fun! :D

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a lovely forecast:

You must be registered for see images attach

We are also in the 8"-15" more snow (on top of the 9" we had the last few days) area, so fun, fun, fun! :D

Kinda funny - the lake is keeping you guys on the north coast nice and warm - down here in the boonies we're going down to around -20 if there are no clouds Monday night, and no warmer than -3 on Tuesday.

Brrrrrr...

Bob

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Kinda funny - the lake is keeping you guys on the north coast nice and warm...

Yeah. We've got the quadrillions of gallons of still (slightly) warmer water right next door to help us out. We'll pay it back in the spring when that same water, now much colder than air temperature after the long winter, keeps us chilly long after the rest of the state has warmed up. It never seems to even out, though. It's still cold in October and it takes forever for spring to feel like it's actually here. :fc5716bd:

Last edited:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
down here in the boonies we're going down to around -20 if there are no clouds Monday night, and no warmer than -3 on Tuesday.

Kind of the same neighborhood as what we're looking at 40 miles NW of Chicago too. :dancingpoop:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the way up to 37° here and raining. Jut watching some of the salt wash off my Jeep...

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still -10 here supposed to get down to -30 tonight with a wind chill of -60 or so.. not looking forward to going to work

Sent from my HTC One using the power of Mary's purse

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to park the KJ outside for about 9 hours till 8:00 tonight when the air temp got to 14 below around here...

When I started it up (nearly instant thanks to the new DieHard!) and let it warm up for a while I put it in Drive - and could feel how thick the diff oil was!

It felt like the Jeep was literally in molasses - pushed the throttle and it was like pushing through goo. Once I drove a couple of miles the diff oil warmed up and it drove normally.

Black Beauty is now resting comfortably in the garage :sleepy: :icon_wink:

Bob

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sprayed off all the road salt.

Dave

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to park the KJ outside for about 9 hours till 8:00 tonight when it got to 14 below around here...

When I started it up (nearly instant thanks to the new DieHard!) and let it warm up for a while I put it in Drive - and could feel how thick the diff oil was!

It felt like the Jeep was literally in molasses - pushed the throttle and it was like pushing through goo. Once I drove a couple of miles the diff oil warmed up and it drove normally.

Black Beauty is now resting comfortably in the garage :sleepy: :icon_wink:

Bob

That's my morning routine haha. Always hard drive at first and the power steering as well.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
- and could feel how thick the diff oil was!

It felt like the Jeep was literally in molasses - pushed the throttle and it was like pushing through goo.

no doubt! I put a little gear oil on the splines of my new axles when I put them in this weekend... I could spread it like honey ...lol

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Patted her hood, checked her oil, vac'd her out, cleaned the windows, and set the temp at 50 in the garage so she wouldn't shiver too bad
She was smiling when I turned out the lights

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
filled up with 93 octane at sunoco, with a lubricity and ethanol fuel additive, definitely noticing a difference in noise, no more pinging or valve chatter, even on really cold starts. looking forward to seeing what it does for fuel mileage if anything.

Latest posts

Members online