What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting closer. Took a look at my threads. I need to tap them out and still get hardware. Worst part is I don't have a tap or a place to borrow one.

Last edited by a moderator:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting closer. Took a look at my threads. I need to tap them out and still get hardware. Worst part is I don't have a tap or a place to borrow one.

Looks good!

You just need the four bolts - I bought a couple at the local hardware store. I want to say they're M12X1.5. Maybe someone else can confirm that though.

The tap should be available at the same hardware store. Will run you about $12.99 or so :happy107:

Bob

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone ever had a Remco Driveshaft Disconnect installed on there KJ? specifically on the front driveshaft? Thinking of one as a solution to getting 2LO on my jeep, since they don't make a t-case shifter kit that does it for the 241 case.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good!

You just need the four bolts - I bought a couple at the local hardware store. I want to say they're M12X1.5. Maybe someone else can confirm that though.

The tap should be available at the same hardware store. Will run you about $12.99 or so :happy107:

Bob

For skid row's front skid plate they use M10x1.5x35. Can anyone confirm size?

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For skid row's front skid plate they use M10x1.5x35. Can anyone confirm size?

That's the correct size. SR's plates (and JBA's for that matter) bolt up up using the stock bolt locations and sizes. Hopefully a local hardware store or Fastenal branch will have them for you.

Bob

NineFingerFury

Reaction score
Did the pan drop, filter and fluid change on my 42rle on Monday. Used Permatex Automatic Transmission RTV Sealant and a rubber gasket from NAPA. Mopar filter and blue threadlocker on all the bolts. I heard #5 needs it but figured what the heck, why not. No leaks!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the pan drop, filter and fluid change on my 42rle on Monday. Used Permatex Automatic Transmission RTV Sealant and a rubber gasket from NAPA. Mopar filter and blue threadlocker on all the bolts. I heard #5 needs it but figured what the heck, why not. No leaks!
Never use a rubber gasket and RTV,then again never use a gasket on on trans found in a KJ as they are designed for RTV and generally don't seal well with a gasket or both.Hope you never have to drop that pan again,that thread locker(even the blue stuff) and those weak bolts don't mix.

Properly torqued using RTV(and letting the RTV "set" before fully torqueing) no thread locker is never needed on a trans pan as the RTV will do it for you.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just blinded myself,Rigid Dually's spots are pretty darn bright when there about 12" from your face.Testing them to make sure they all worked.Now just wished the fillers would have came in also so I can start mounting them in the Renny lightbar.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just blinded myself,Rigid Dually's spots are pretty darn bright when there about 12" from your face.Testing them to make sure they all worked.Now just wished the fillers would have came in also so I can start mounting them in the Renny lightbar.

You have to keep us updated!!

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well last night on my way to CT I had to lock up my brakes getting onto the Mass. Pike thanks to a indecisive driver. Well I ended up skidding 30 ft and almost got rear ended. No crash thankfully. Instead I got a partially locked up front right caliper. I limped my way to my parents house in CT. I went to midas in the morning and they refinished my front calipers and resurfaced my pads. $61.00! I got lucky!

After all that fun I tapped out my skid plate threads and installed it! More solid than a rock! (That's the idea!)

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the cruise control kit I ordered on ebay. It only took about 15mins to install :D

Well last night on my way to CT I had to lock up my brakes getting onto the Mass. Pike thanks to a indecisive driver. Well I ended up skidding 30 ft and almost got rear ended. No crash thankfully.

I did that once and flat-spotted the tires :eek: Also no crash, thankfully. Up here 'CT' means Canadian Tire lol!