What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Some people have never had the opportunity for true adventure and it's up to us to show them what that means. Make the next date adventurous perhaps?
Nah, I'm done with dating for a while. Got too many far more entertaining things to do. Winter is coming and my gut tells me we are actually going to get snow this year for the first time in about 6 years. A good excuse to put different wheels and tires on Bert/wrench on the VW/finish remodeling the Fortress of Squalitude. :D

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah, I'm done with dating for a while. Got too many far more entertaining things to do. Winter is coming and my gut tells me we are actually going to get snow this year for the first time in about 6 years. A good excuse to put different wheels and tires on Bert/wrench on the VW/finish remodeling the Fortress of Squalitude. :D
can't fault you on that. MGTOW isn't the worst idea i've ever seen. Plus there's a lot to be said for being comfortable alone.
While me and the missus carry on like cats and dogs sometimes, I still seem to miss her when she's gone on the infrequent long work trips. Hell overall I'm glad she's work-from-home now, even though that means we're seeing each other practically all the time. She's become a nicer person to be around, not having the 2+ hour total commute.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled the dash in the wife's 02 and got the blend door actuator out tonight. It looks corroded, so I guess I will be looking for a new one tomorrow.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought you could get the actuators out w/o pulling the dash?

Erskine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In addition to trying to solve an infuriating noise from the handbrake assembly/back plate, I'm deciding whether to respray the gawdy chrome grill (05) gloss black or body match the green. Or to leave alone, but it does offend me. Comments on either appreciated.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
In addition to trying to solve an infuriating noise from the handbrake assembly/back plate, I'm deciding whether to respray the gaudy chrome grill (05) gloss black or body match the green. Or to leave alone, but it does offend me. Comments on either appreciated.
If you do paint the fake chrome, make sure you do serious surface prep on it with fine grit sand paper or ScotchBrite. Use a good primer for plastics too. Paint doesn't like to stick to that plastichrome and the clear coat over it. IMO I think Liberty grilles should either be the body color or black. Gravel strikes are a real issue for me, so mine is done in black bedliner, as are the bumpers, fenders, and everything else on the bottom third of the vehicle. Works out well, as since the vehicle was originally all white, on the really good hits the bedliner falls off, so I can prep the spot to prevent rust and then either rattle can it black for small impacts, or roll an some more bedliner for the big guys. On the areas that were originally black (rear bumper and edge trim where rock sliders should go, I had to seriously scuff those surfaces with sand paper to get anything to stick.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 2 ( well did have ) now one body color and one chrome
Actually starting to like the chrome one and its still in perfect shape for an 05
Dislike black ones unless its on a black one such as my 04

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Im going to stop even trying to lift the 05
Had one OME kit on it
Local guy going on vacation and was needing new suspension bad
So sold him the one I had on the 05
Had an old used kit OME here in junk pile throwed it on, sold it a couple of weeks ago as well
had the CRD MOPAR new stock springs with Bilsteins here , installed the rear last week, just got the front put together yesterday
Everything new , isolators, top plates , Bilsteins, Mopar CRD springs all put together
Guy stops me today with a CRD , wants to buy them LOL
I give up, especially since he offered me over triple for what I bought everything for , and just wants the fronts
I quit , getting used to driving a 1970 race car LOL ( jacked up in the rear , front dragging )

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I almost got rear ended while shifting from first to second gear… Again. It happens a couple times a month. I’ll just have to start ripping into second I guess ‍♂️

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the end may be near for the wife's 2002 jeep liberty. No air and no heat because I can't find the correct blend door actuator. The wife got it used in 03 and it has been very well maintained. Oil and filter every 3 months, plugs every 30,000mi. , lifted since 2010 and it still runs and drives great. Hate to see it go but the wife needs heat and air.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it's not done to the jeep as much as myself but will certainly effect progress.
You must be registered for see images attach

CherokeeLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the end may be near for the wife's 2002 jeep liberty. No air and no heat because I can't find the correct blend door actuator. The wife got it used in 03 and it has been very well maintained. Oil and filter every 3 months, plugs every 30,000mi. , lifted since 2010 and it still runs and drives great. Hate to see it go but the wife needs heat and air.
Are they not on Rock Auto?

Erskine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do paint the fake chrome, make sure you do serious surface prep on it with fine grit sand paper or ScotchBrite. Use a good primer for plastics too. Paint doesn't like to stick to that plastichrome and the clear coat over it. IMO I think Liberty grilles should either be the body color or black. Gravel strikes are a real issue for me, so mine is done in black bedliner, as are the bumpers, fenders, and everything else on the bottom third of the vehicle. Works out well, as since the vehicle was originally all white, on the really good hits the bedliner falls off, so I can prep the spot to prevent rust and then either rattle can it black for small impacts, or roll an some more bedliner for the big guys. On the areas that were originally black (rear bumper and edge trim where rock sliders should go, I had to seriously scuff those surfaces with sand paper to get anything to stick.
Interestingly my brother suggested bedliner too.

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I almost got rear ended while shifting from first to second gear… Again. It happens a couple times a month. I’ll just have to start ripping into second I guess ‍♂️

Couple times a week at least!
1-2 shift in this feels slower than any other manual I've owned, my clutch hydraulics starting to act up aren't helping either lol.

I love the ones that do that. I shift even slower. :D

Yes, and downshift coming up to stops!
And when not towing my trailer, I like to leave an extra long hitch that implies please tailgate me if you don't need your condenser and radiator ;)

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interestingly my brother suggested bedliner too.

If you end up going that route and like a finer texture of bedliner, raptor in rattle can worked nice on my frankenstein wrangler bumper project. I just used a standard rattle can that they had in the store, but they sell a 2k in rattle can which would be even more durable.

I'm thinking of filling the holes I had to drill and doing it on the grille as well, I drilled them for temp turn signals when I was working on the bumper.

Pgy

Reaction score
Oil and filters change, bought cleaning supplies and a can of Meguiar's Gold Class Carnauba Plus Premium Paste Wax. Next is a wash, interior cleaning and i think that's it for the monthly spoiling treatment.

Reactions: JRB