Water gurgling/flowing sound from dash.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wifes 02 has very little heat. The dealership said the heater core is bad $1050 to replace it.

A little history
I flushed the heater core last year when I replaced the radiator, did not help with the heat. The heater core did not seem to be plugged up, water flowed both directions through it and it appeared to be clean. I filled up the cooling system, let it idle with the heater on high and with the radiator cap off to bleed it. Ever since I can hear water flowing under the dash, I tried to bleed it a second time, I still hear water flowing.

My sister in law had her heater core replaced in her 04 due to it leaking and has less heat with the new heater core. She also said she can hear water flowing and/or gurgling from the dash.

Our 07 does not have this sound at all and has HOT heat.

I notice this sound the most in the 02 if it's in neutral, not warmed up all the way and I rev the engine just a little.

Does anyone have any ideas or have the same sound?

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Not the same sound, but a couple of years ago I had diminished heat in the winter time and found that my water pump was on its last legs. I replaced that myself and the hot heat returned.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive heard the same sound in lots of vehicles and a good flushing of the coolant system does the trick. are you positive your thermostat is working properly? you can test it by removing the t stat and put it in a pot of boiling water. if it opens up the t stat is good

hillbillyhotrod

Reaction score
I have the same issue. Had to replce the thermostat. the new one i got looked a bit diffrent to the original in my 3.7.... it had the same part number ect.... anyway filled it up and bled the air etc but also has water gushing sound. Drained the rad and flushed the system and filled it up and ran it with the heater on and bled more air..... still have water gushing sound and it also sounds like it is boiling over but is just bubling in the over flow but not pushing any water out. i have bled it and bled it and even tried to bleed it on the hoses to see if i can get the air out..... Works a bit and then get the same sound again...... so between that and the idle pully and belt and lifter that are making a noise i kinda just gave up. Everything i have read and people i have spoken to have the same water sound issues even after changeing the heater core.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not the same sound, but a couple of years ago I had diminished heat in the winter time and found that my water pump was on its last legs. I replaced that myself and the hot heat returned.

Was your jeep running at normal operating temperature prior to the new water pump?
Temp. gauge on ours is at normal operating temperature.
I'm trying to narrow this problem down.

rafaeldugarte

Reaction score
hello, guys. I am getting the same sound, and little of history I just replace the water pump, I will try to purge the system and do a really well check out, if I find something I let you guys know.