No heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireguy324

Reaction score
Having a no heat issue……

2002 Limited

Little to no heat while driving. Has heat at idle. Also has heat in 50F and above temperatures.

No overheating issues. If anything it runs a little cool on the temperature gauge.

What I have done:

-New thermostat
-Coolant flush
-Heater core back flush
-Confirmed blender door is working
-Confirmed that there are no leaks or blockages in system

I was thinking of blocking some of the radiator to capture more heat.

I’m open to any suggestions. Get to the point of the year that I need heat. I was thinking of putting in an auxiliary 12V heater but idk.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still got air in the system?

New thermostat not working properly?

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having a no heat issue……

2002 Limited

Little to no heat while driving. Has heat at idle. Also has heat in 50F and above temperatures.

No overheating issues. If anything it runs a little cool on the temperature gauge.

What I have done:

-New thermostat
-Coolant flush
-Heater core back flush
-Confirmed blender door is working
-Confirmed that there are no leaks or blockages in system

I was thinking of blocking some of the radiator to capture more heat.

I’m open to any suggestions. Get to the point of the year that I need heat. I was thinking of putting in an auxiliary 12V heater but idk.
Couple things:

confirm that you have good flow out of the hoses coming into the heater core. Should be good and hot. If not, consider plugged plumbing there in that ‘trombone’ looking bypass hose, or a waterpump issue.

My 04 had a plugged core that i verified by running a hose to one side of the core and letting the other drain in a bucket.

06 had a bad waterpump - confirmed by above. The impeller had corroded away.

CheddarGau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's also possible your clutch fan has failed "on" if you have one. Shouldn't need to block part of the rad if you have an electric fan. Also water pump with low flow can cause low heat issues. Silly question, is the thermostat installed with the spring facing the engine? I ask because I've had coworkers **** that up in the past on 4.7L engines:rolleyes::p

Members online

No members online now.