Value of a "brand new" tent from my 02 Liberty???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom, you've got an entire KJ in parts in your garage, don't you? Plus all the accessories you've bought and sold it's like a Mopar parts department right there in your neighborhood :hail: :headbang:

Bob

The ant always prepares and stores away for winter Grasshopper :word: jk

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes when you are two tents it's better to move on. :icon_redface:

Kaiser Von Kuhl

Reaction score
There's one on my local craigslist also for $175
You must be registered for see images

and according to the instructional sheet, the Item# 60132700 is visible.

Also, has anyone into tenting ever considered one of these ARB Simpson II Rooftop Tents?

I thought it was a joke at first, but it's a REAL product for sale. I found a review on it at this link:
"4 Wheel Drive & Sport Utility Magazine"

Suburbbus

Reaction score
I just looked at the Atlanta, Ga Craigslist and there is actually one listed for sale.

The guy wants - OMG - $500 for it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Any ideas where I can find one
Just keep looking on sites like this, Craigslist and Ebay
I found all of mine by searching newspaper ads and the above plus talking to earlier KJ model owners who may have them

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
There's one on my local craigslist also for $175

and according to the instructional sheet, the Item# 60132700 is visible.

Also, has anyone into tenting ever considered one of these ARB Simpson II Rooftop Tents?

I thought it was a joke at first, but it's a REAL product for sale. I found a review on it at this link:

People have been using those types of tents for years now. first developed in Africa to keep you up off the ground away from Lions and Tigers and snakes OH MY!! They work great, some have dressing rooms at the bottom so you come down the ladder and its all enclosed . Lots of folks mount them on trailers etc

02redKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found some of these tents on etrailers.com last night. It was NOT a Jeep branded tent, but looked like a quality tent. Price was from $250 to 400.00 I think it was. Just glanced at it and thought it would be cool to have sometime in the future.

They actually had a bunch of Jeep accessories. I was impressed.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeep still has tents. Was there more than one style?
Bored so I googled yep 2002 apparently had a different style.

Last edited:

Dimebag

Reaction score
Sorry it took me a while to get the part number from the tent but here we go:

1-82208057
Dated 4/15/02
Also another possible number is
48679A
And I hate to say it but stamped under the numbers on the Mopar tag is made in China-but what can ya do??? I also have the numbers underneath the bar code if that makes life easier for the purists out there. Hope this helps and good luck hunting, I am thinking of selling my Jeep, if the tent sweetens the pot it will go with it or if not I might be open to trading for a brand new tent same size to one of you guys!!! Honestly if I don't sell I just want some thing cool to play with my kids and it doesn't need to say Jeep on the side.

znola

Reaction score
If anyone is still looking, I have a brand new, never opened, OEM Jeep tent that came with my 2002 Liberty. $150 obo + shipping from New Orleans.

Dimebag

Reaction score
Hey guys I sold the Liberty and the tent is just sitting in the basement, still wrapped in genuine Mopar box and plastic. Never opened, the top of the box is open only because it never was sealed from the factory!!! I am thinking that I would rather one of you guys buy it instead of the vultures on eBay!! Please send me offers-highest $$$ gets the tent, and remember pick-up and/or shipping is on your dime. Please text me at (815)274-0460, and let me know if you are interested...thanks all!!!

mlouden

Reaction score
tent still available?

I found your post form over a year ago, do you still have the tent and want to sell it?