V8 Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is SWEET! :icon_lol:

Kudos for making that a true "Q Ship" conversion - nobody will have any idea you put a V-8 in your KJ. Especially since you've left the stock badges on the tailgate and throttle body.

So did you pull the BCM from the donor vehicle and put it into your KJ? Some details man - you're killing us here...

Bob

termin8ed

Reaction score
I've been looking into doing this when my 3.7 dies. I was looking at using a pcm from the donor. Has to be a jtec controler to work with an 03. Get the VIN! If you have the skim/skreem theft key you need to get a new skim module and program it to work with the secret key of the new donor pcm. Dealer can do this, not sure on aftermarket scan tools. If the donor doesn't have skim, "should" be good.

Glad to see pics and vid of someone who actually swapped one out8)

I'd like to know also the details to make it work

Thedevine

Reaction score
Very awesome swap man!! My Libby 's 3.7 just toasted some rod bearings and since I'm swapping anyways...... :) did you ever post any details about the swap? Or is this one of those "I'm the only one with one and I want to keep it that way" kind of thing? Lol

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well since its been several months since he posted I'm assuming he is like 2 or 3 more. They do the swap and then you never hear anymore or you find out they traded them off real soon afterwards.

Latest posts

Members online