Transmission Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this affects 02,04. I did a search on my Vin and came back with nothing.

>DaimlerChrysler AG said it is recalling 538,000 cars in the US due to problems with the transmissions.

Some 300,000 cars of 2005 models of the Jeep Liberty, Jeep Wrangler, Chrysler 300, Dodge Magnum, Dodge Dakota Mitsubishi Raider and Dodge Durango are affected.

Furthermore, the company will also check 283,000 Dodge Ram-pickups produced in 2003-2005.

The problem could make it difficult to put the car in park.<

2003KJ

Reaction score
seems like i've heard of this before....do you have the link to where you got it from?

jackie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know the specifics of the problem... or why it's being recalled?

thanks

2003KJ

Reaction score
Direct from NHTSA's (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) Website:

Make : JEEP Model : LIBERTY Year : 2005
Manufacturer : DAIMLERCHRYSLER CORPORATION
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 05V460000 Mfg's Report Date : OCT 04, 2005
Component: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
Potential Number Of Units Affected : 256409

Summary:
ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, SPORT UTILITY AND PASSENGER VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH 42RLE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS, THE CUP PLUG THAT RETAINS THE PARK PAWL ANCHOR SHAFT MAY BE IMPROPERLY INSTALLED. IF THE SHAFT MOVES OUT OF POSITION, THE VEHICLE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO ACHIEVE 'PARK' POSITION.
Consequence:
IF THIS OCCURS AND THE PARKING BRAKE IS NOT APPLIED, THE VEHICLE MAY ROLL AWAY AND CAUSE A CRASH WITHOUT WARNING.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE TRANSMISSIONS AND INSTALL A BRACKET TO ENSURE THE PARK PAWL ANCHOR SHAFT IS RETAINED IN THE PROPER POSITION. THE RECALL BEGAN ON NOVEMBER 28, 2005. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT DAIMLERCHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.
Notes:
DAIMLERCHRYSLER RECALL NO. E14. CUSTOMERS CAN CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236; (TTY:1-800-424-9153); OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.

Hope that clears up any info. I remember hearing about it a while back, but it appears that the recall didn't began untill about a month ago. I find that interesting that its only on the 2005 42RLE auto's.....Whats different b/w the set up on those and say the 2nd half of the 03's and the 04's?

Latest posts

Members online