Tires for comfort

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thirdmotion

Reaction score
What size, brand tires would provide the most smoothness and comfort possible for a 94 kj???

Last edited:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
In all seriousness, this is entirely subjective.

Smoothness and comfort for what conditions? This is a really broad question.

DirtyKK

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Go to tirerack and read reviews. A "P" rated highway tread tire will probably be best.

thirdmotion

Reaction score
sorry, for the typo, i meant 04.
Well, i'm looking for something that can feel least bumps on the road and the pavement.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry, for the typo, i meant 04.
Well, i'm looking for something that can feel least bumps on the road and the pavement.
A tire with the tallest sidewall and smallest rim with the correct psi in them as under-inflating is worse then over-inflating.

Time to SFA it and run long arms with 15" rims and 35" tires at about 26-28psi.My 35" Toyo's are load range "C" and have extremely thick sidewalls but with them at 28psi(max is 35) and with my long arms it drives like caddy with "P" rated tires on the highway(but better),even with my ultra stiff RE front coils and OME's in the rear(RE nitro shocks up front and Bilstein 7100's in the rear).Corners great also with the AR front swaybar(no rear swaybar).

If you want a caddy ride all the time buy a caddy,a Jeep is not a cushy/comfort vehicle."Feeling the bumps" is not a bad thing,gives you more control,better braking,and more stable feeling ride which is 100% safer then a "no feeling" ride.

thirdmotion

Reaction score
thanks for the great the info tjkj.
Which brand, size would you recommend for 16" stock renegade wheels without any lift for most comfort and feeling least pavement?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the great the info tjkj.
Which brand, size would you recommend for 16" stock renegade wheels without any lift for most comfort and feeling least pavement?
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MNH-MHD03/

Must use beadlock type rims and air down to about 14psi,would not recommend for rainy/snowy/icy days.

But if those don't fancy you there is no tires like what you want.

thirdmotion

Reaction score
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MNH-MHD03/

Must use beadlock type rims and air down to about 14psi,would not recommend for rainy/snowy/icy days.

But if those don't fancy you there is no tires like what you want.

Hehe, I'm not looking for a 1950's caddy ride. There are tons of different tires for different purpose that feels different and sound different based on many factors such as size with different materials and threads. With that said, im looking for useful information and suggestions on which brand/size tires might suit my needs which might differ from your needs and liking. You might find your post funny but i find it useless and very childish and waste of my time and for someone might find this thread useful in future.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Firestone Destination AT
quiet, smooth running good all around AT type tire
wear well , ran them for about 15-18,000 miles before I went bigger
look good on an unlifted liberty in 245-70-16