The Little Things

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
The ability to pass everyone at 70mph when I cannot see b/c its raining so hard. 8-[ Dont worry everyone, "Im a safe driver." :-$ No hydroplaning for me! =P~

Slow down in bad weather Jeepster. I don't want to hear about any slideways accidents...................

Mick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just found something tonight that is perfect for this thread. I feel kind of stupid that it took me a year to find this. That you can press the rear cargo dome light to turn the interior lights on and off.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I like my KJ!

Good day,

What I like about my Liberty...

Enough leg room to fit my lanky 6'5" frame.
I can see over most bridge railings and check out the scenery when I ride in the passenger seat.

When I have my two daughters on the weekend, my wife drives and I let Cooper and Alex take turns sitting in the front while I sit in the back quite regally as though I am be chauffeured!

The Jeep feels like a good old American vehicle. SOLID

Turning radius
The transfer case.
The factory privacy tinted glass.
The factory aluminum wheels and matching spare tire.
Remote opening tailgate glass via key fob.

The Liberty doesn't draw much attention. Compared to lets say a Hummer
H2 (I personally think that vehicle screams "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME ! )

Rear wheel drive.
The unpainted fender flares contrast beautifully with the body colour(silver)
The interior is well laid out. Tilt steering wheel. cool gauges right from DC.

My cat Vegetable likes riding on the dash board!

Remove the head rests from the back seat and fold them down...There is enough room back there for my wife and I to pretend that we're teenagers again! Crank some Meat loaf Bat out of Hell, Paradise by the Dashboard light! (censored)

Dis-likes:

An oil and ampere gauge would of been nice.
The one touch down on the front windows is nice, but it would of been
better if they also were one touch up.
Position of window switches takes a little to get used to! But no big deal really.
Hood release to low for me.
Grab handles on A pillar in awkward position.
No dome light for rear seating area.
(Mind you, I just bought a Mercedes dome light brand new for $2.00!
Looks just like the one in the cargo area.)

That's it!
I've wanted one since I first took one for a test drive in 2001!
Now I got pretty much what I expected!
An awesome Jeep!

After 24 years of modifying/customizing classic Mini's, building fully adjustable spherical rod end bearing race suspension, hight adjustable all round for added ground clearance. (9+ inches)
I now have a new pallet to work with.

Cheers
Ryan

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Socks,

"The one touch down on the front windows is nice, but it would of been
better if they also were one touch up"

This would be a major safety issue. Think of one of your children having their head out the window and somehow the switch got hit to send the window up....or it was a pet dog. The power windows are quite powerful. They go up and down with authority, not fast, but powerful. Stick a childs neck in the way of that window going up.

If there are other vehicles with ppower up, I sure hope htere have never been any incidents.

Having the window switches in the middle makes it harder for a child or pet to hit the switch, themselves, and have their neck in the way of the window. Think of the switches were in their normal location and there was power up windows.

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tokyojoe1965 said:
Socks,

"The one touch down on the front windows is nice, but it would of been
better if they also were one touch up"

This would be a major safety issue. Think of one of your children having their head out the window and somehow the switch got hit to send the window up....or it was a pet dog. The power windows are quite powerful. They go up and down with authority, not fast, but powerful. Stick a childs neck in the way of that window going up.

If there are other vehicles with ppower up, I sure hope htere have never been any incidents.

Having the window switches in the middle makes it harder for a child or pet to hit the switch, themselves, and have their neck in the way of the window. Think of the switches were in their normal location and there was power up windows.

There are indeed vehicles with one touch up on the windows. they have built in tension sensors, you can stick you hand out the window and when the window comes up it will automatically go back down.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Good day,
My parents have a 2005 VW Jetta diesel wagon and the windows will automatically stop then go back down if anything is in the way (like a creatures neck for instance) even if you stick your finger in the way of the window it reverses itself.
It is probably a cost cutting measure implemented by the bean counters at DC.

Nice ride BTW!

Ryan

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slow down in bad weather Jeepster. I don't want to hear about any slideways accidents...................

I dont check this thread very often... But I posted a thread ALONG time ago about sliding sideways.. It was fun.... Now that I look back on it. :)

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
- The five speed
- The noise an NV3550 makes in third and fifth gear (cool gear noise, kinda like a whine, makes me feel like I'm driving a semi)
- Just realized how cool the exhaust note sounds from the well broken in stock exhaust system (85k miles)
- The stock CD player and speakers sound great for a factory system, and I'm picky about that sort of thing
- The remote rear glass flipper

Last edited:

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turning radius. The KJ rocks in this category. This is a dream feature both on the trail and in a city with narrow streets. I'm reminded how spoiled I am by its turning radius whenver I have to drive another vehicle and make a quick u-turn.

Dave Haggard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else mentioned just how easy it is to do routine maintenance such as changing your oil or replacing a battery in a KJ? My old pontiac montana was hard to work on -- but then I'm no mechanic either!

moparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Likes - quick steering, relatively flat handling, good brakes, tight turning radius, powerful heat, big exterior mirrors, tinted glass, cargo cover, my color choice, dashboard, factory Sirius antenna is in a good place, bright lights all of the way around, newer style fog lights (small and in grill) are surprisingly effective, 3.7 runs good, the view out the windshield is cool.

Don't like - seat fabric, (Scotchguard didn't help) plastic interior pieces scratch easily, small glovebox, no changeholder, (I do have ashtray that works for that but I like 2 cupholders) city fuel mileage, OEM tires, and oil filter location.

A few things my 02 Neon has that all cars should have - a chime for turn signals left on after 1 minute of motion, (not a problem with my Jeep's loud flasher) a tissue holder in console lid, (pocket size Kleenex pack fits) and places to clip a pen and tire pressure gauge in the glovebox door.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you'll think my Libby is a "grocery getter" when I say this :D but I happen to like the remote tailgate glass opening feature. Hey, all us guys luv our remotes.

Latest posts

Members online