The Little Things

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
implying that if you had gotten stuck.. the libby would still be there? lol

Actually, my definition of being stuck is requiring another vehicle to tow you out. If you make it out on your own, even if it involves shovels, the placement of flora and fauna under the wheels, you weren't stuck. :D

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Actually, my definition of being stuck is requiring another vehicle to tow you out. If you make it out on your own, even if it involves shovels, the placement of flora and fauna under the wheels, you weren't stuck. :D

Naw, I had to get yanked out...

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you haven't gotten stuck, you're not wheelin' hard enough :D

I have never been stuck. I have only been temporarily detained for a photo op.....and then strapped out.....:D.....but not stuck...:D

Oh, and another little thing about my jeep is that I get to be on a great website like JKJC and support it.:D

Dave

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Never stuck huh? Then why the roof escape hatch?

My roof escape hatch has saved me so many times, love poking my head out at stop lights out of it to yell obscene things... nana.gif

TAwesome

Pizza Pimp
Reaction score
can you imagine that awesome confrontation? "Hey shut your mouth pretty boy before I use this Gattling Gun Port Hole for what its meant for." Aw Crap I'm still laughing!!

CRD Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-Love the torque of the CRD
-Love the MPG (34+) of the CRD
-Love the GDE transmission flash.
-Love that I can sleep in the back.
-Love the platform that will allow me to modify the vehicle into what I want of a 4x4.

TomO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oops, Thread resurrection:

The little things?

Self locking hubs. I'm still on the fence with this one. There's always that moment of wonder when I first hit 4wd and thinking I forgot to lock in the hubs. This also eliminates our typical practical joke of unlocking your buddy's passenger side hub when stopped for a break. Invariably he'll check the drivers side to try and figure out why he's stuck.

It runs nice. That's a plus.
It has a true four wheel drive system.
Enough power and gearing to get the job done.
I don't need to remember to disable traction control for power-sliding through turns.

A few cons:
Lack of oil pressure, oil temperature, voltage gauges.
Lack of a filler cap on the radiator.
Too much plastic. A Jeep should be made of steel.
Built and drives too much like an ordinary car.
Cannot remove top and doors.

Thelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the way it handles, especially the quick steering.
I like the tight turning radius that makes the tightest parking lot a piece of cake.
I like that the step in height is fairly low for a 4x4.
I like how it makes me feel like taking it on an adventure.

JeepinLove

Reaction score
-I love turning it on and listening to the Flowmaster 44 rumble on idle while it warms up in the winter.
-The feeling of safety since I'm taller than others with the lift kit.
-Whenever I drive over gravel, I roll down the windows so I can listen to the crunching. My boyfriend even does it too now.
-Omg, and when you're high as f***, it feels like you're driving a f****** space ship because of all the lights on the inside and the sounds it makes.
-I have even started to love the creaking the interior plastic makes occasionally.
-I feel like I'm in total control when 4-wheel is on.
-When the truck is off, you can hear the rain patter on the roof.
-The feeling of freedom that my Jeep has gifted to me.

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heh, thread necromancer...

Things I like:
  • There's room for me, my dog, and my stuff plus a passenger!
  • I can actually break 20mpg, my last few vehicles could not come close.
  • Manauverability. Seriously. Short wheel base makes this thing a joy in tight spots. It's also surprisingly stable on the road.
  • It's a small SUV with real 4x4 capability. Sure, it's not a Wrangler, but it's got better street manners than a Wrangler and I specifically did not want a removable roof.
  • I'm frequently surprised by how well built this thing is. I guess I shouldn't be, my old Cherokee was a tank, but all my other domestic cars were Chevy's and had more rattles and clanks than a box of loose bolts. My Liberty has two rattle/squeaks, one from the rear glass, one from the driver's side left dash area where the a-pillar and dash meet.

Things I do not like:
  • Why are the seats so darned high?
  • Driver's side kick panel hits my shin. It's annoying.
  • Why can't I turn the fan off and leave the vents on?

Members online

No members online now.