The Little Things

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you'll think my Libby is a "grocery getter" when I say this :D but I happen to like the remote tailgate glass opening feature. Hey, all us guys luv our remotes.
That doesn't mean it's a 'grocery getter' cuz that feature is great when you need more visibility out the back on a trail and don't have time/room to get out and open it - just hit the button and up it goes, then close it when you're out of the tight spot :)

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad thing about tailgate flip:

If your kid gets ahold of your keys, you sometimes find your tailgate glass up the next morning. Not a good feeling. Happened at least twice to me.

Jeepy Kid

Reaction score
I like the feeling it gave me just sitting in it at the dealership lol. Hopefully in a few days I'll be the new owner of an '02 liberty =O

Bashgod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are two things that many official reviewers of the Liberty hate. Center mounted windows controls and "road noise is pronounced." What?? This is the quietest vehicle I have ever owned, and I love the window controls there even though I'm not used to it yet. It HAS to make the wiring simpler, and removal of door panels easier, plus it lets your passenger control the windows if you need to keep your eyes on the road.

I also love:
- my heated seats
- the BEHIND the wheel audio controls
- the heated mirrors
- the cargo cover (no looky, no takey)
- the tinted windows
- the seating position and height and view
- the ground clearance
- the fact that it is MORE THAN AN INCH shorter than my wife's old Honda Civic. Makes for nice garage parking, parallel parking...
- nice big bright map lights
- 65/35 fold down seats (that's a change most people don't realize from the older 60-40), technically allows a little more storage when you have a third passenger (think: Taking a student to college)
- Stopping power (4 wheel disc and ABS). Now I want to upgrade my brakes on my chitty S10
- Cargo door that opens away from the curb (unlike the Honda "cramped rittle vehicle" CR-V)
- I like the spare tire on the back, as opposed to under the vehicle (or INSIDE!! ACK!)
- This vehicle is REALLY easy to wax, especially with the '05 chrome trim that can be waxed. No plastic to get in the way.
- storage space between the driver seat and door and passenger seat and door (snow brush, umbrella, mag-lite mod, etc)
- battery saving features
- key and keyfob remote thingy all in one
- low wash fluid indicator
- an owners manual that tells idjits how to drive
- Well-welded and painted seams on doors, door-wells, engine compartment, should help keep rust at bay
- DEEP cup holders
- really bright and well adjusted headlights

Dislikes:
- getting flashed by one out of every twelve cars because they think I have my brights on
- No interior storage at all
--------- Glovebox too small
--------- No place for spare change
- When cruising when it's raining, then slowing down to a stoplight, the water runs down that little dip in the hood, hits something (or an air current) and splashes all over the place, including the windshield
- Dirty back window
- Factory racing/grocery-getting tires
- ABS is an option, should be standard. I got it anyway.
LOL i thought i was the only one! my HI-beams are not on! i quickly show them that along with how bright all of my hella 500ff's are. i also hate the water thing gets your attention if you arent paying attention. the stock tires are terrible!

Boiler

Reaction score
Little things I like about my Jeep:
-I like how the cupholders are down out of the way of my arms. Last car my arm smacked into cups constantly.
- I like the clear / high view
- I like how small & close the windshield is. Can clean the inside with about 1/12 the effort as you can our Concorde, which is about 17 feet deep.
- Power. It seems very responsive off the line to me.
- Great for playing in 10 inch snows.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, for some reason I like the water flying back up(not sure if I already said that or ont). Its neat since my Jeep is always waxed, the water beads up like crazy then flies back at me when I stop! It all puddles up in the little ridge going down the hood and makes it twice as awesome.. Maybe thats just me though.. :D

Ohh, and the window controls are a personal favorite. Not sure if I would like getting another vehicle if they are in the 'normal Im the same as everything else' spot.

BigRich201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. i love the lil growl it has bone stock

2. the window switches in the center trips out my friends every time cuz they think the window switch is on the door and when i discreetly push the switch in the center console theyre amazed and then feel stupid not knowing the window switch was in the middle

3. for an suv its pretty damn fast. i hit 110 mph on the highway

4. it does some damn good burnouts

5. plows thru mountains of snow with ease.

6. leather seats

7. can carry 2 full sized people in the trunk

and the only thing i hate about it is that it didnt come with the wheel lock key for the spare tire. ive searched every square inch and i cant find it

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The turning radius, the back seat cup holders, the center console window controls (everyone in the Jeep can reach them!), and the excellent visibility. =]

And...
7. can carry 2 full sized people in the trunk
: Wtf? Lol!

Last edited:

BigRich201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea. i was goin out to dinner with some people at school and i had 6 people with me so i had 1 ride shotgun 3 in the back seat and 2 in the trunk

LPacker79

Reaction score
Turning radius! This thing is an absolute dream to park.

I can reach the windshield from the inside, which means it'll get cleaned way more than my Intrepid did (I can count on one hand how many times that window got cleaned in the 4 years I owned the car - couldn't reach!)

Easy to see in every direction. I love the visibility and the height off the ground. Hey, when you're 5ft 3 it really is the little things that count.

It just *seems* so much bigger than my BF's 02 GC. He told me I was nuts when I said it seems taller - until he got in it. Now he teases me about needing a highchair.

Sound system is great for a stock radio/speakers.

During our snow storm on Monday, I purposefully thought of errands I could run so I could test out the Libby in the snow (I haven't been excited about snow since I got rid of my GMC Jimmy for my Intrepid).

Waiting at a light on a hill during said snowstorm, I gained a perverse sort of pleasure watching the Honda next to me spin and go nowhere while I drove away like it was nothing. I felt bad that I didn't have anything to help him out with!

Cupholders! I have cupholders! Yes, I know that really is a very little thing, but my Intrepid had not a single one, so I'm still super happy. Deep cupholders too!

I love the shifter for the 4wd vs the push button I had in my Jimmy. The Jimmy's buttons had issues.

I really like the firmness of the seats. I drove my BF's GC last week and felt I was sitting in an easy chair or something. I would describe his seats as "too comfortable."

Not having to worry about dragging the front end whenever I turn into a parking lot, even if I'm just barely moving. Why is everything built on a freaking hill down here?

Cons:

The barely there glovebox.

While I like the height of the seats once I'm in, climbing into the Libby is definitely more of an effort than getting into my BF's Jeep.

My BF calls it a "chick Jeep." I may be a chick, but I'm still a farm girl at heart! My Jimmy saw many bales of hay in it's cargo area, and it went offroading quite a bit too. The most the Libby will see is likely a ton of Siberian Husky hair (which is probably worse than hay at times).

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Here's what I enjoy......
1. 4wd lever
2.full-time 4wd
3. Color combo
4. Leather...easier to clean
5. Engine grawl
6. the wheels
7. the grille
8. the chrome on the roof rack
9. pinstriping (not trail, at least not yet:D)
10. visibility
11. the automatic tailgate
12. The tailgate window opens seperately
13. The overall "FUN" feeling of itdrive.gif
14. Ride/handling

Things I'm not fond aboutsad2.gif
1. I wish it had the old 4.0l, alot easier to work on
2. front diff weakness(blarg)
3. IFS(blarg)
4. I wish I had the off road package

cherokee4ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that what i like in my KJ :
1\ the steering wheel size and the audio controls.
2\ the kj is like a small jeep but with big engine 6V 3.7 not like the other SUV's.
3\ driveing ability is too much good.
4\ the light bar.
5\ The KJ have a Specially designed Specially the renegade.
6\ i love the color.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After reading like six pages...

I totally agree with reachability of the windshield. But then we mostly had minivans before it which seem to have an acre of dash and windshields only slightly smaller than store front displays!

Pros:

There is a LOT of them, but these stick out most....
Steering Wheel Audio Controls.. Seems everyone likes this feature
4-Wheel Shifter.. I also think buttons are cheesy for this
That nice ROAR it makes when it starts before idling back down.. SEXY
Comfortable Seating
Full Size Spare... It's been years since i owned a vehicle with that
COLD A/C
HOT HEAT
Oh and i like that feature that a few others mentioned about the vents switching, its nice that when its a hot day and you turn it on full blast that it comes out of the defrost vents for the first few seconds or so before switching to the dash, kind of like it purges the hot air and then switches to you as it gets cool.

Cons:

Storage Space.. That's really my only major gripe. I plan on making some storage under the passenger seat because that glove box is, well, its a joke. It's just big enough to stash the air gauge, TomTom, Ipod, and a few other small essentials. I was surprised how small it is, but then the small dash also surprised me. I plan on also making some removable storage in the back for the essentials that live back there, a box to organize it all in. Battery Jumper, Tow Straps, Cargo Straps, Towing Accessories, 4-Way Lug Wrench, First Aid Kit. I have a lot of stuff that lives back there.

So far i don't have any other Cons to mention.

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
definitely the turn radius...it was great on the Caravan I had and was worried about the KJ....turns out it's even better.

Last winter was the first winter I've ever looked forward to. I'm even a little anxious for this winter....very little....minuscule....but it's more than what I used to think of winter.

I like the centered window controls. I wish there was a cup holder in the center rear instead of the doors...my kids can't reach their drinks in the door when sitting in the baby seats, the caravan had a pull out cup holder under the rear bench that at least I could reach to put drinking cups in for the kids.

I love all the mods that can be done to the KJ...suspension, evic, lights, lots of room in the engine compartment.

spare on the back door and not underneath!!!

short wheelbase

rear door and hatch are separate... I LOVE that.

I like the fact that it tows more that the Wrangler lol

and a bunch of other things.....

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
definitely the turn radius...it was great on the Caravan I had and was worried about the KJ....turns out it's even better.

Last winter was the first winter I've ever looked forward to. I'm even a little anxious for this winter....very little....minuscule....but it's more than what I used to think of winter.

I like the centered window controls. I wish there was a cup holder in the center rear instead of the doors...my kids can't reach their drinks in the door when sitting in the baby seats, the caravan had a pull out cup holder under the rear bench that at least I could reach to put drinking cups in for the kids.

I love all the mods that can be done to the KJ...suspension, evic, lights, lots of room in the engine compartment.

spare on the back door and not underneath!!!

short wheelbase

rear door and hatch are separate... I LOVE that.

I like the fact that it tows more that the Wrangler lol

and a bunch of other things.....

I'm actually looking forward to the winter and playing in the snow with the KJ also!! LOL

I had the same cupholder problem with my kids, but one is young enough that he still needs a booster seat so i bought one with a cupholder on it, and the youngest is in a full car seat yet and his seat has a cupholder as well. The only kid that doesn't have a cupholder is the one that sits in the middle, three kids here by the way, and he usually just holds onto whatever he has or uses one of his brothers if they aren't.

Deviations

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only had this car for a few days and I can't believe how many looks & comments I get. Outstanding

I test drove an Escape before picking up my Renegade. What a piece of garbage that was! Why in the world would anyone get that over a Liberty?