The Little Things

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schnitzelpuss

Reaction score
weighing over 5000 pounds with a full tank of gas and NOT getting stuck in the sand. (couldnt say the same for the explorer we helped dig out)

You must be registered for see images

losttourist

Reaction score
something my wife discovered when we just brought it home the first day was the surprising amount of storage space under the back seats.
Just got my liberty '02 sport and Im loving every minute of it!

Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being able to turn the vents OFF and closed when you park it. When I travel I use a Park n Fly in a gravel lot, facing north with nothing stopping the wind. In my previous vehicle I'd come back after a week and the dash would be covered with dust.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont have to many bad things to say about the libby, and no way am i going to say all the good things. I guess my bad list is the same as everyone elses.

-Ground clearance *****, but its not jeeps fault. Ive got just alittle more clearance with my ome lift than the 02's and its perfect for mild off roading.
-The leather on the seats really *****, Started cracking after only 1 year. Had to get wet okole seat covers.
-Power is great from the 3.7, ****** needs better engine braking though.
-Jeep really shouldnt be putting such crappy tires on their jeeps! I just cannot understand this. Why put that kind of tire on an off road trail rated jeep. I can understand not putting it on a jeep like mine with 17in rims, but the rennys?!?!?

bubbabrown200

Reaction score
Definetly i am new at this...Well yeah i love my KJ becuase there 3 girls at my school tht have stock KJ's and they all park together and i make sure i park right next to them to show it off...Catches eyes

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bubbabrown200 said:
Definetly i am new at this...Well yeah i love my KJ becuase there 3 girls at my school tht have stock KJ's and they all park together and i make sure i park right next to them to show it off...Catches eyes

That's great! I always liked hanging with three ladies myself back in highschool. Only thing was, I never could figure out which one to date? \:D/ Don't wait too long yourself.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still getting "used to it" and so far it has suited me fine overall.

The only bad thing is "cleanin off the mudd". Seems like mudd just wantsta be all over it ------- Mudd just knows where it wantsta be.

Dave

dnm45227

Reaction score
My 10 year old said "dad, we really need to wash the jeep". I said ya we'll get to it. He replieid to the affect, oh well it just makes it look more like an off road vehicle.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a problem related to old age I think. For years I have driven Ford and GM products. The light/turn control and the wiper controls are reversed. I don't know how many times I have washed my windshield whn I really wanted to brighten the lights. Is that a Jeep thing or a Chrysler thing?

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure my Cirrus had the whiper stuff on the right, and same w/ my dad's Seabring... oh and the Stratus i was rented when my transmission broke just recnetly was on the right. So probably a chrysler thing. I wish they put the high beam button on the floor still like in the old 80's F150 my dad had.

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford

cowcatcher said:
I have a problem related to old age I think. For years I have driven Ford and GM products. The light/turn control and the wiper controls are reversed. I don't know how many times I have washed my windshield whn I really wanted to brighten the lights. Is that a Jeep thing or a Chrysler thing?

I've driven Ford's for years as well. I still do the same thing. I've finally learned where my window switches are, but I can't find them in any other vehicle.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
When getting a new vehicle, there's always "the little things". When looking and test driving, it's hard to cover everything. You're concerned with the important attributes you are looking for. In my case, towing capacity, off road ability etc. etc. So it takes a while to get used to until you stop reaching in the wrong places (at least most of the time) for stuff........ So a couple of days ago my girl friend wants to go out and take her Cutlass so she can gas it up and wants me to drive. I don't drive her car that often, so here i go lookin for stuff again.......................

And the next day i get back in the Liberty and they moved the stuff again...................

Dave

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: Ford

VTNomad said:
I've driven Ford's for years as well. I still do the same thing. I've finally learned where my window switches are, but I can't find them in any other vehicle.

Yup, the windows too. Yesterday morning I am on my way to work, the radio is turned up a little high (CRD you know) but I think I hear this weak horn honking. Finally hit a light and stop and this young lady pulls up beside me and is rolling her window down. My daughter. I sit here at the light fumbleing, trying to find the passenger window switch to roll it down and talk to her. My daughter covets the KJ. I am sure that she saw this as another of my slips toward the old folks home or the grave and her ultimate inheritance. [-(

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that this was said long before... but seat warmers on a snowy day like today... especially on leather. (biggrin)

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm like a five year old with new rubber boots. I can't stay out of the mud or puddles or off of trails or......

bought a pressure washer 2 weeks after buying my Renegade.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having great acceleration from whatever speed (when overtaking).

The power steering - makes such a big car fantastically manoeuverable (used to own Land Rover 109" Series 2A - was a mission to turn).

The flippety wing mirrors - 9/10 for entertainment value! \:D/

And dammit - it's such a handsome car!

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many of you have noticed that the latch on the fuel door has a little detent in it to hang the captive fuel cap on? At least the CRD has it. Kinda thoughtful. =D>

Latest posts

Members online