The Little Things

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pros:
Like the steering wheel controls
short,easy to turn around
It's the wife's and I don't have to drive it.
okay power

Cons:
The suspension is harsh and sounds like it's going to fall out everytime you hit bump. Only has 48K, been thoroughly checked out, "just suspension and tire noise"
Hate the center console controls....window switches belong on the doors where the windows are!
Lack of dash board, feels like I'm sitting up on the hood.
seats are stiff as a board
seats stain if you look at them wrong.

Maybe I'm biased with Gm and bigger vehicles, but the longer we have the Libby, the more I'm glad I don't have to drive it. My wife loves it so guess that's all that counts.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pros:
Like the steering wheel controls
short,easy to turn around
It's the wife's and I don't have to drive it.
okay power

Cons:
The suspension is harsh and sounds like it's going to fall out everytime you hit bump. Only has 48K, been thoroughly checked out, "just suspension and tire noise"
Hate the center console controls....window switches belong on the doors where the windows are!
Lack of dash board, feels like I'm sitting up on the hood.
seats are stiff as a board
seats stain if you look at them wrong.

Maybe I'm biased with Gm and bigger vehicles, but the longer we have the Libby, the more I'm glad I don't have to drive it. My wife loves it so guess that's all that counts.

It's an SUV not a sports car.... In my opinion the GM vehicles, and i have owned many before the KJ this year, have suspension that are way too "car like" and don't do a good job on country roads let alone mild off-road, but that's just my experience. So your biased due to the cushy tooshy ride you have had, i was too at one time.

We have a PT Cruiser also, the window switches are on the center of the dash and similar in design to the KJ. I will admit that was weird at first, but now i thoroughly enjoy it. I can tap the window switches in the KJ without having my arm leave the armrest. Also its nice not having to feel around for the window switch on the door in dark as you have to bring your arm back a bit to hit the average door mounted window switch. If you did actually drive it on a regular basis i think you would get used to it and like it also.

I LOVE the lack of the big dash. Cleaning of the dash and inside of the windshield is super easy. Compared to other vehicles i have owned where i would clean the inside of the windshield maybe once a year because it was a pain, i actually clean the inside of the KJ's windshield once a month with everything else.

Seats stiff?? Hmm, not in mine so i don't know what you mean there. I think they are actually pretty comfy, and everyone tells me how nice the rear seats are too, usually its just the kids back there but there is actually enough room for adults and none have complained about comfort, and i have friends that would! LOL

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohh, forgot to mention..

The issue of the seats staining, well not really staining just showing dirt and moisture and such, if it really was a stain it would be a lot harder to remove in my opinion. I had this problem on mine when i first got it, it was a hot day and i was working on installing some stuff and let my sweaty arm drape across the seat and it left a mark. I used my Bissell Little Green Machine and cleaned the seats later that day, i used some of their automotive cleaning formula in the machine, and after doing that i don't have any more problems. One of the kids spilled some juice on the passenger seat in the driveway one day, it beaded up and pooled on the seat it was really cool, i just took a couple paper towels and dabbed at it to dry it up. Waited until the seat dried to see if i would have to clean it again and there was no trace of the juice left, it just didn't soak in.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I just thought of another 'Pro KJ reason'

This is the first vehicle I've ever owned that kept me awake at night thinking about what next to mod :D
I dred the day I'm all modded out......I guess by then it's SFA time. :p

Then a 4.7 swap....:cool:

One more thing: it has struts to hold the hood...no prop rod in the way!!!!:D:D:D

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the gas struts for propping up the hood. I also love how easy it is to clean the dash/lack of, along with the windshield. Playing in the snow with my Jeep last winter was so much more fun than it was in my Focus...well almost as much fun.:D My Focus sounded like a mosquito on steroids.:D

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
In my case that would be a 3.0 V6 CRD (from a Grand Cherokee) swap...:D Which shouldn't be to hard to do...hmm...now if only I had the time and $$$ to do it...let's wait till my 4 ****** dies...

Oh....very nice! The torque of a Hemi at a nice 1800 RPM....(biggringift)

TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohh, forgot to mention..

The issue of the seats staining, well not really staining just showing dirt and moisture and such, if it really was a stain it would be a lot harder to remove in my opinion. I had this problem on mine when i first got it, it was a hot day and i was working on installing some stuff and let my sweaty arm drape across the seat and it left a mark. I used my Bissell Little Green Machine and cleaned the seats later that day, i used some of their automotive cleaning formula in the machine, and after doing that i don't have any more problems. One of the kids spilled some juice on the passenger seat in the driveway one day, it beaded up and pooled on the seat it was really cool, i just took a couple paper towels and dabbed at it to dry it up. Waited until the seat dried to see if i would have to clean it again and there was no trace of the juice left, it just didn't soak in.

Dang, not sure what kind of seats you have. I let a water bottle on the front seat, sweated some, left a nice big white stain. Will it come out, yes, but I have to clean my seat everytime they get a little water on them?? They are horrible.
Oh, my wife & I have owned many GM vehicles, coulpe fords, this is 3rd Jeep my 5" lifted Astro "minivan" rode better even with HD 900# rated front springs.
I've driven the PT crusier too on a 700 mile trip... that thing is a waste too, would never buy one of those.
My big ole Hoe maybe have a softer suspension, but it goes where I need to, leather seats don't stain, and I have no problem hooking to a 5500# trailer and busting down the road.
Oh, and my V8 sounds much better than the 3.7L :D

To each his own, I'm not trying to bash the Libby or start arguements, my name is on the freakin title and I do drive it. It's my personal opinion and it's not the vehicle I would've chosen to buy, but it's the wife and she likes it so when momma's happy..... daddy's happy(partysmile)

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang, not sure what kind of seats you have. I let a water bottle on the front seat, sweated some, left a nice big white stain. Will it come out, yes, but I have to clean my seat everytime they get a little water on them?? They are horrible.
Oh, my wife & I have owned many GM vehicles, coulpe fords, this is 3rd Jeep my 5" lifted Astro "minivan" rode better even with HD 900# rated front springs.
I've driven the PT crusier too on a 700 mile trip... that thing is a waste too, would never buy one of those.
My big ole Hoe maybe have a softer suspension, but it goes where I need to, leather seats don't stain, and I have no problem hooking to a 5500# trailer and busting down the road.
Oh, and my V8 sounds much better than the 3.7L :D

To each his own, I'm not trying to bash the Libby or start arguements, my name is on the freakin title and I do drive it. It's my personal opinion and it's not the vehicle I would've chosen to buy, but it's the wife and she likes it so when momma's happy..... daddy's happy(partysmile)

Mine's an 03' so perhaps your seats are different on the newer model?? Not sure, other experts here might know, but i don't get the white stain, just looks like its forever wet even when it dries, just a bit darker than surrounding material.

What's a waste about the PT?? We have an 02' with a 5-speed, the autos are pigs with crappy acceleration if thats what you drove you haven't driven a good cruiser yet, it's my wife's car and she loves it, but so do i. The only thing that would make it better is a turbo swap which is well documented online using parts from the Neon which used the same 2.4L, there was a turbo PT from the factory but its pretty scarce to find one, it was the PT GT. Good suspension, comfortable interior, great gas mileage, average 27-28mpg. It hasn't given us a lick of trouble, even at -40F this winter she just cranked up and went. It does pretty darn good winter driving too, but the tires make a difference there, the stock tires are crap.

I'm not starting any arguments on this, just asking questions! Life is too short for that.

staindvans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm a huge fan of how beefy and solid the jeep feels, first thing i felt when i drove it. then tonight i realized how wide the renegade bumper fog lights shoot light, it was lighting up the other side of the highway.

loves_off_roading

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stereo system is awesome
Sunroof
The spare tire on the back
That the lights turn off automatically if you leave the door open
The remote key
Looks good
The easy to understand controls
Seating position (how your high up)
It kicks butt in the snow
The fact that I can run it trough ditches and it won’t get damaged
The heater
The plastic bumpers
The turning circle
It’s easy to park
The Alloys
The ESP
The ABS
The traction control’s limited slip
And lastly the fact that I can’t get the freakin thing stuck

Last edited:

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know what I like best about my KJ? The fact that without it, this forum wouldn't be here and I wouldn't have the chance to interact with such a diverse crowd of Jeep enthusiasts.

Um, that and the fact that it's just plain cool. It's a Black Renegade you know.

jimymc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boy do I feel dumb.:eek: The hiding place for the Owners Manual is really a great hiding place. I didn't think I had a manual with the used Jeep I bought used so I ordered one from the I-net. After reading a post on this thread I went out to the Jeep and found the original manual.:eek:

Also, didn't know about the rear courtesy light turning off all the interior lights. That is really great. No more having to close the back door to stop battery drain while I work on the the Jeep.

One of the things that I really like about the electric seat adjustment is that I can change the height of the seat. I'm not tall, but I like to have the front of the seat support my legs on a long drive. I can do this in my Jeep.(bowdown)

My wife and I travel quite a bit. When we do we like to really tour the areas we go to. Our CRV has taken us quite a few back-woods places, but there were a lot of places that I just wouldn't feel comfortable tackling in the Honda. Not now.:D The Jeep will expand the areas we can visit. We are going to Alaska this summer and I can't wait to hit the trails with our friends in their Grand Cherokee. \\:D/

Last edited:

TigerClaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Window switch(location), default jack under rear seat(location), unibody frame, exterior style, T-case shift stick, being able to be in Rear wheel drive is just frawking priceless for me !! I also bought it because of all the MODS i can do on it ... passenger side grab bar lolll love it!! price tag and interior styling ... Solid rear axle .... gawd .... mmuuusssstttt ..... ssstttooooopppp ..... cannnt sstttoooppppp ...... arrrrgghhhhhhh Billy !! Billy !!! Why wont you kill me !!???!!

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My absolute FAVORITE thing about my 03 Rene is that if the keys are in the ignition, even if my Jeep is turned off, it won't allow me to lock the doors.

If I had a dollar for everytime I had to slim jim my mom's BMW because of locking the keys in the ignition, I'd be able to buy 1 of every Jeep model ever made. (Please don't tell her!)

Thanks Libby for saving me from embarassment :)

My only con is how loud it is at highway speeds. I know, I know, it's not entirely built for highway speeds. But still, I thought it would be quieter. Our 96 GC was much quieter. My light bar and plastic crap on my roof rack probably don't help with that either :D

Last edited:

BLACKATTACK!07

Reaction score
the little things?!
How Jeepy it looks..with all the windows down and sun roof open I feel like I am in a CJ or something,
Love the little (oh crap) handles everywhere..!
Love the air intake...air ram???
Love how the back gate opens..ur choice..glass? or glass and gate!

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, since I first saw a liberty in 2002, I always wanted one, just couldn't afford one, this was when I owned a neon... then I went thru the stage of wanting a yj, which i did own for several years, but in Feb of this year I decided to upgrade and began looking at the liberty again, and now I own a 07 liberty sport, and looking forward on modding it some. I love it and so does the wife and rest of the family... Some of the plusses i like about it is as follows....
took some time getting used to window switches in the center console
rear heat or a/c for back passangers ( the kids )
rear hatch glass/ glass and tailgate open very nice feature i think
the looks of the 07 liberty, I don't like the new redesigned 08 models...YUCK as the wife would say
engine compartment , i think it is organized well, and everything is pretty easy to find, compared to the 01 chevy venture...what a pain to work on...