The Little Things

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell us what are some of the "little things" that make owning a KJ so enjoyable? Meaning, things that are not advertised or discussed, things that you just noticed them after you have had your KJ for awhile.

Also include anything that comes to mind about your KJ being enjoyable as you are driving down the road.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To get this started...

1) The steering wheel audio controls.
2) The view.
3) The small windshield (less bugs to wipe off!).
4) Leather seats. I thought that they were to slick at first, but now I wouldn't go back. Feels like luxury!
5) I didn't notice the air intake at first under the hood. Cool looking!
6) Just noticed that when using heat, heat comes out under the middle console for the passengers in the back seat.
7) The cup holders for the backseat passengers being in the rear doors.

2003KJ

Reaction score
When you first turn on the vents to blow out air, it will blow out for a few seconds from the defroster vents. Meaning in the summer, the air is usually cool by the time it ocomes out the face vents, and in the winter, unless the engine is cold, the air is warm. My previous car showed no mercy and blew it out how ever it felt like.

roadrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the position of the (manual) stick. It's a little further away, somehow adds a spaciousness dimension. Very comfortable.

Like the crisp sound of the Liberty acceleratiing.

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i love my selectrac tfercase really good when it storms here in QLD

and after 6 month i still love the look of my 04 KJ it IS the best looking thing on the road =D>

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seat Warmers. I hate to wear a coat just so that I can put it on high and have the heat on my lower back. Old man likes this!

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
the whole driving experience
power when i need it
the windows switches on the center
the guages...
the whole interior feel
knowing that the chances of me getting stuck is next to nil
it looks good clean or dirty...
automatick raising of the flipper glass
the way she sounds when she starts (even better with a magnaflow)
the lever to put it in to 4 part time.....

roadrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Visor extenders. Didn't notice for 6 months until someone else pointed it out!! #-o

Fast heat in the winter! O:)

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
- Steering wheel, I love the size of it.
- Transfer case with full time and part time. I really like full time.
- Just the general construction of the vehicle, when you start to take it apart such as the interior, everything is tied down nice and they add sound proofing that looks like dynamat.
- I like the window controls where they are, actually, I'm used to that cause saabs have them their too.
- The door locks and window switches that light up.
- The hiss of the intake in the morning with a aftermarket intake
- The forum it inspired me to make
- The decent size alternator it comes with
- I like the look of the headlights- the lenses.
- tall ceiling, even though I'm short, lets me get a lot of stuff piled up inside.
- Comfortable in the back seat, has headrests.

Bennett

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How well insulated the inside is from outside noise. I was just out driving in a lot of wind and snow and it was nice and quite inside.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
How well insulated the inside is from outside noise. I was just out driving in a lot of wind and snow and it was nice and quite inside.

So true \:D/

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's great offroad ability and great on road comfort.

My diesel's torque lets me climb the steepest hills in 4lo 2nd gear without hardly using the throttle. I can climb rocks, ford rivers and slip and slide in the mud.

Then I get into my baby and drive home sat in comfortable leather seats with a nice stereo and great driving position.

IT'S THE PERFECT VEHICLE FOR THE 'HOOD AND THE MUD \:D/

Ian

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
i know it's been said before, but i'll say it again...

the window switches being in the center...
yesterday, my uncle opened up his door on his Exploder, and all the snow fell on the area where his windo control's were.....
i just looked smiled, and thought....it's great to have them in the center...LoL

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
everytime I have passengers, they constantly lock the doors, cause they think the switch is the window control.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bennett said:
everytime I have passengers, they constantly lock the doors, cause they think the switch is the window control.

I am glad that I am not the only one that has this problem \:D/

2003KJ

Reaction score
yoda13 said:
Bennett said:

add me in as well...LOL. Plus then they autolock about 5 seconds later when I hit 15mph....LOL!!!

I love the switched in the middle. Just don't do like me and go to clean your windshield, forgetting your sunroof is open......I think I washed me more than the window that one time....LOL

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
2003KJ said:
yoda13 said:
Bennett said:

add me in as well...LOL. Plus then they autolock about 5 seconds later when I hit 15mph....LOL!!!

I love the switched in the middle. Just don't do like me and go to clean your windshield, forgetting your sunroof is open......I think I washed me more than the window that one time....LOL

Ditto..funny thing is, sometimes they unlock it after thinking it's the opposite....LOL....

Members online

No members online now.