Stock suspension question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I think they use that Traction Beam stuff on the starship Enterprise as well.

chuckles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a coupon on Rock Auto and I can get new coilover units on front and new springs and shocks on rear for $228 shipped. Its all "economy" units but I cant help but think it would still be better than 10 year old 75000 mile components. I know I asked once early and really like the idea of the OME kit but moneys tight. Would I see any ride improvement at all by doing this even if its just for a couple years and 20000 miles or no? Again its just a DD and grocery getter that allows me to get to work when it snows. With two kids and a third on the way I really don't wanna waste any money considering I may have to upgrade to another vehicle (think minivan soccer dad) once the new baby gets here anyway.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
There's a coupon on Rock Auto and I can get new coilover units on front and new springs and shocks on rear for $228 shipped. Its all "economy" units but I cant help but think it would still be better than 10 year old 75000 mile components. I know I asked once early and really like the idea of the OME kit but moneys tight. Would I see any ride improvement at all by doing this even if its just for a couple years and 20000 miles or no? Again its just a DD and grocery getter that allows me to get to work when it snows. With two kids and a third on the way I really don't wanna waste any money considering I may have to upgrade to another vehicle (think minivan soccer dad) once the new baby gets here anyway.

It would be somewhat of an improvement over what you have now. How much, well back to stock possibly which is pretty bad from the get go. But understand money being tight etc. My first lift took me a couple of months saving up, buying springs one month shocks the next etc.
But the parts from Rock Auto like I said would have to be just a bit better for a year maybe

chuckles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand I would be better served to save and get the OME kit just trying to do what I can right now. Not making a decision yet thought, still need to see what the first ultrasound shows and how the tax return looks. Pending we see a healthy heartbeat and not multiple heartbeats or some other issue and the tax return isn't zapped by obamacare then perhaps I can stretch the budget a little and do it how you all suggested.