So today..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LaneKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to get some new headlight bulbs to replace the not-doing-the-job stock halogens. I got the Sylvania SilverStar ZXE 9007s. I was told by the sales person at Advanced Auto that they would have a blue tint to them.

After installing them, Im clearly disappointed. They are just white bulbs. Nothing more. I will give them the fact that they are whiter than the halogens. But still, no blue. :icon_frown:

Im gonna take the KJ for a spin tonight and see if they're any brighter. Hopefully they are.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For future purchase info, the Phillips Blue Vision bulbs have more of a blue tint to them and put out plenty of light. Also, they have a better reputation of out lasting the Silverstars.

It isn't a ricer blue tint either.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to get some new headlight bulbs to replace the not-doing-the-job stock halogens. I got the Sylvania SilverStar ZXE 9007s. I was told by the sales person at Advanced Auto that they would have a blue tint to them.

After installing them, Im clearly disappointed. They are just white bulbs. Nothing more. I will give them the fact that they are whiter than the halogens. But still, no blue. :icon_frown:

Im gonna take the KJ for a spin tonight and see if they're any brighter. Hopefully they are.
To a point more blue bulbs produce a brighter white light,after a certian temp(K) they actually look blue.The less temp they look yellow,more temp and they look blue,extreme temps and they look purple.

02LibbySport

Reaction score
I believe 6000k is the most light output you can get before you just start changing colors. I think 3000k is yellow 8-10k is a blue tint and around the 11-13k is purple tint but I'm not 100 percent sure.

Akedos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Silverstar Ultras... have in every vehicle I've ever owned. They make a difference. You can really see how white they are when you pass someone on the highway. I recommend them, never had issues. And yes they are plug and play.

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hm, this is rather interesting. I know nothing about the different lights but next time I have a paycheck that isn't already spent I want to replace all the lights in Mr. Darcy. One of my turn signals is out so I figured I'd just upgrade everything. I'm not looking for anything crazy, certainly don't care about "ricer blue" but the roads are very dark and curvey here so a little brightness upgrade would definitely be nice. I noticed you guys mentioned "plug and play" a few times which I assume means you just stick em in, but what would the alternative be?

Torx

Reaction score
Before you change out your headlight bulbs, make sure that you are getting enough voltage to the bulbs in the first place. I forget the figures but for every 1 volt of drop to your headlights you lose x amount of lumens from your headlights. The more voltage drop the less light output. I put in one of these headlight relay kits and the difference was amazing!
http://www.painlessperformance.com/webcatalog/largeview.php?SearchField=30816&SearchAll=4x4 OffRoad

Last edited: