So do steelies fit or what...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK guys, ordering the lift next week. My father in law owns a body shop and has a set of 255/70R16 MT/R's on Mickey Thompson Classic II's hanging around his garage that I could probably buy off him for $400. Thing is, I hate chrome or aluminum rims. I LOVE black steelies. I've had them on my last four vehicles.

Anyways, I might just find a used set of 31's and grab some cheap black rockcrawlers or Soft 8's and toss them on. I've searched, asked, looked...but no real answer other than "maybe".

DO THEY FIT OR NOT? Anybody know for sure? It's a 2002 KJ 4x4 with disc/drum non-ABS.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK guys, ordering the lift next week. My father in law owns a body shop and has a set of 255/70R16 MT/R's on Mickey Thompson Classic II's hanging around his garage that I could probably buy off him for $400. Thing is, I hate chrome or aluminum rims. I LOVE black steelies. I've had them on my last four vehicles.

Anyways, I might just find a used set of 31's and grab some cheap black rockcrawlers or Soft 8's and toss them on. I've searched, asked, looked...but no real answer other than "maybe".

DO THEY FIT OR NOT? Anybody know for sure? It's a 2002 KJ 4x4 with disc/drum non-ABS.
Any 16" rim with 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern will fit on a KJ.Try to stick to 4.5"-5" BS and keep the rim width 8" or under.16x7's with 4.5" BS fit perfect and yes the 255/70's will fit on them.If you go to Discount tires they got Unique steel(who makes the steel Crager's,procomps,and American Racing steel rims anyway) seris 297(soft 8 style) in the 16x7 with 4.5" BS for $50 apiece.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoops - sorry. That should be amended to...

So do 15 inch steelies fit or what...

15 inch rims and tires are cheaper - if they fit on my rig, that's what I'm going with. Sorry, I forgot to specify that's what I was looking for!

cowdogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 15" Soft 8's with backspacing of 4.75" and they fit fine. Go to Jeggs for the best prices (I paid around $35 a piece) shipped 2nd day for like $12.99 or something. Hope that helps!