So what are my options in 15" steel rims?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was very disappointed that the US Wheels 15" chrome and black modular wheels didn't clear the calipers. The test wheel is on it's way back to Summit for a refund. Now I'm wondering which 15" steel wheels will actually fit. Pretty sure I've read the Soft 8's will fit but are there any other options? If you have successfully run 15" steel rims, Jeep OEM or aftermarket, I'd appreciate you passing along the details and parts number.

Lifted 2002 Liberty Sport and I will not run spacers. Thanks guys!

IslanderGU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
mine cleared with a 2.5" lift. Its on 31x10.5 15s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine cleared with a 2.5" lift. Its on 31x10.5 15s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What brand and model are the rims(width, BS, offset)? Soft 8's? Thanks.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used older 15" Dodge truck/van wheels for winter tires. It's a low-budget option :gr_grin:

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered 2 more 15" steel wheels to see if they'll fit. Fingers crossed!

SBW752 5766 15X7 5X4.5 4.5BS TYPE 752 BLACK D WINDOW - STEEL WHEELS

Cragar Silver D Window Wheels 3455712 15 in. x 7 in., 5 x 4.5 in. Bolt Circle, 4.0 in. Backspace

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How would they have needed the caliper to be ground down or a spacer??
If you like that style wheel check out these:
Trail Master - Trail Master TM5, 15x8 Wheel with 5 on 4.5 Bolt Pattern - Gloss Black - TM5-5866 | 4WheelParts.com

I have these, all you need to do is add the center caps and it should total out to around $220 (my invoice was $229 to be exact) for all 5
If you can't imagine what 15x8 with 4.5" BSP looks like the tires stick out past the fender only about a half inch and you won't need to worry about doing any kind of grinding or using spacers
Oh and I reread your recent post on liking matte and they have this same wheel in matte as well but IMO gloss is the way to go, matte is hard to keep clean

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How would they have needed the caliper to be ground down or a spacer??
If you like that style wheel check out these:
Trail Master - Trail Master TM5, 15x8 Wheel with 5 on 4.5 Bolt Pattern - Gloss Black - TM5-5866 | 4WheelParts.com

I have these, all you need to do is add the center caps and it should total out to around $220 (my invoice was $229 to be exact) for all 5
If you can't imagine what 15x8 with 4.5" BSP looks like the tires stick out past the fender only about a half inch and you won't need to worry about doing any kind of grinding or using spacers
Oh and I reread your recent post on liking matte and they have this same wheel in matte as well but IMO gloss is the way to go, matte is hard to keep clean

jeeplib05 thanks for the input. Man you can't beat the price of those wheels and I do like the look. Only thing is that I was hoping to go with 7" rims because I'll be running 30x9.5 tires.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you looked at pics of a 15x8 on a 30x9.5?
If anything it'd be more flush and the tires wouldn't be bulging out the sides because you'd have 1.5" more tread than wheel width
My tires bulge out but that's because I run 31s
For the price you can't beat these!

https://www.rockymountainsusp.com/index.php/igallery/category/view/id/30/
Scroll down the photo #15 and that's what they'd look like
Not bad IMO

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the Cragar Silver D Window Wheels are no longer being produced.

I really like the TYPE 752 BLACK D WINDOW - STEEL WHEELS, but the 4.5" BS won't clear the front caliper. Just ordered the same wheel with only 3.75" of BS to see if it will clear the calipers. If it does I will probably run the 4.5 in the rear and the 3.75 in the front. I'd much prefer that setup over front spacers anyway and the higher we lift them the closer the front wheels move together while the distance between the rears doesn't change.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the Cragar Silver D Window Wheels are no longer being produced.

I really like the TYPE 752 BLACK D WINDOW - STEEL WHEELS, but the 4.5" BS won't clear the front caliper. Just ordered the same wheel with only 3.75" of BS to see if it will clear the calipers. If it does I will probably run the 4.5 in the rear and the 3.75 in the front. I'd much prefer that setup over front spacers anyway and the higher we lift them the closer the front wheels move together while the distance between the rears doesn't change.

That's really going to look strange that much difference

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No stranger than guys that run 1" spacers up front. I could do the math, but like I said as we raise our Libby's the front wheels move closer together anyways. I'll see what they look like before I commit. Worst case I'm going to give up on the 30x9.5's and run 245/70R16 or 255/70R16. I already have a really nice set of the factory painted 6 spoke rims sitting down the basement.

I just don't like the round holes in the Soft 8's and similar wheels. The D Windows look better to me. To each his own though.

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will also consider running the 3.75 all the way around if they fit and I like the look. I don't want the tires sticking way out. The 30x9.5 aren't all that wide, so we'll see.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can tell you that my 31x10.5 15x8 wheels stick out the perfect amount with 4" of backspacing
Probably an inch outside the fender, any less backspacing and I feel like it would look lower in lift height and give you a false sense of stability and control
IMO 4" at the most.. take a look at my pics (especially the one where I installed the d-ring hitch) and you'll see how far 4" sticks out to see if you'd like them out further

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
No stranger than guys that run 1" spacers up front. I could do the math, but like I said as we raise our Libby's the front wheels move closer together anyways. I'll see what they look like before I commit. Worst case I'm going to give up on the 30x9.5's and run 245/70R16 or 255/70R16. I already have a really nice set of the factory painted 6 spoke rims sitting down the basement.

I just don't like the round holes in the Soft 8's and similar wheels. The D Windows look better to me. To each his own though.

Never heard of anyone running spacers on just the front either

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have and I've heard of guys running different back spacing front to rear. If your up 3.5-4" you've probably pulled you front wheels an inch(plus or minus) closer together than they were at the stock height. Unless you replaced your LCA with longer ones that is.

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quadratec had the 15x7 silver 345 D-Windows in stock. Initially only ordered one to do a test fit. They fit fine. Probably 3/8-1/2+" caliper clearance and they don't stick out past the fenders. The color is almost the same as my refurbished 16" steel wheels. Ordered 3 more with my fingers cross, since I been led to believe they have been discontinued, and received shipping confirmation.

Now I just need to decide on which 30x9.5's I want to go with for my Summer tires. Probably going to be the Cooper SST Pro's.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have and I've heard of guys running different back spacing front to rear. If your up 3.5-4" you've probably pulled you front wheels an inch(plus or minus) closer together than they were at the stock height. Unless you replaced your LCA with longer ones that is.

Actually no the wheels don't get pulled in an inch. That's what the alignment slots are for. Paired with longer UCAs and the wheels sit right where they were stock...