New Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
We'll I've been debating new wheels for a while now back and forth between steelies, moabs, powdercoating stockers, and everything. I was really just looking for something to set out a little farther and give me a better stance. Found a killer deal on MOAB's but they were scratched up bad and weren't worth the price. Then I was looking into steelies and they were gonna be about 300 and aren't really what I want anyway. Well then I started looking into powder coating my stock Renegade wheels, but I decided I like them how they were better. Well then someone mentioned to me why not have two sets of wheels one with AT's for the summer and one with MT's for the winter. I really liked this idea because for the last 2 weeks of November, entire month of December, and first 3 weeks of January I am duck hunting almost everyday and sometimes get into some really muddy terrains. Well today I've found a set of 4 Factory Jeep Icon Wheels, already powder coated black, with some basically bald 255/70/16's on them. I'm not sure if these tires will fit or not, but I'm gonna be swapping them out for some raunchy MT's soon anyway. However, they won't set out any farther than my wheels do now, so I think I'm going to get some spidertrax spacers maybe...

http://memphis.craigslist.org/pts/2638550453.html

Last edited:

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Those tires look like a clone of the Yokohama Geolandar M/T Plus.
Just make sure you get 5 of them so you have a real spare Wes!
I got a kick out of this statement though! "THESE ARE NOT RETREADS OR RECAPS!"
They are remolded!

Yeah I thought that was funny too Ryan. Did you know Yokohama actually doesn't make that tire in a 245/75/16?

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Before swaping center caps

Crappy after shots, it was almost dark I'll get some better ones tomorrow.

I'm really happy with the turn out! The 255/70/16's really fill out the rest of the fender well better than my 245/70's!

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I like that look!!!

Might also want to try treadwright.com if you want retreads...

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
I like that look!!!

Might also want to try treadwright.com if you want retreads...

Yeah I looked at them last night just breifly, only thing is I'm not a major fan of the STT which is their ownly mud style tire. However if the price is right, Bob. lol I basically just want something extremely aggressive with just as awesome of a price tag. I will only be running them about 3 months out of the year so they don't have to be the best of the best.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Some better pics from this morning

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Looks sharp Wes!
As far as retreads go, I think for your application those tires should do really well!
The ones in that link you posted remin me of ATV rubber!

haha yeah I think they will too! I wish treadwright had some other designs, I need something just plain nasty looking for duck hunting in the swampy rice fields here in Arkansas!

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Yesterday my brother needed to borrow my jeep and as I watched him drive off I thought, DAMNNNNN my jeep looks good!!!lol I'm very happy with the black wheels and I'm debating on doing my Renegade wheels too!

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Like the wheels. Like the E-bay tires. Remolded is different than a cap. Ran treadwrights for 40,000m + no complants.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
I changed my mind Wes.
Those black Jeep Icon Wheels don't look good on your Rig at all!

They would look better on our Rig!

I need your address so I can come visit and steal them from you!:D

Haha! If you wanna buy them and the price is right and you pay shipping they can be on your door step in a few weeks lol