Snorkel/Front Bumper/Winch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepKK

Reaction score
Hey Yall, Its been ages since I have posted. Full time Law Student and Full time worker takes most of my time. Anyways I am ready to do more work to my Liberty.

I want to change my bumper to a steel bumper that can carry a winch and hold up to 2 aux lights. I can not find one anywhere...depressing. I saw one here a owner did one.
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35474
Boblemoche and it looked cool from side.
If I could I like one for the rear too...

Also I was looking around for a snorkel to place on my Liberty. Couldnt find one but did have a question? could this snorkel work since the body is similar in design?

I right now am working on rock sliders/ Locker/ and 4.56 gears. :)

JeepKK

Reaction score
Right as of now you will have to custom make the bumpers,front and rear,and you also will have to custom make the snorkel as there are no aftermarket support as of now.

That is lame... does anyone know any companies that do custom make. I have noooo experience with any of that..

DirtyKK

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
A snorkel is in development, has been for a while but the past few updates sounded promising. A little birdy told me another somebody will be making KK parts in the near future. They're in the development stages with wanting to be producing by the start of the year. We shall see.

JeepKK

Reaction score
A snorkel is in development, has been for a while but the past few updates sounded promising. A little birdy told me another somebody will be making KK parts in the near future. They're in the development stages with wanting to be producing by the start of the year. We shall see.

Well they need to figure something out.. I want a winch enclosed in a bumper for the front and the rear...
As for a snorkel for my Libby..not important but looks wicked and I want one..

JeepKK

Reaction score
OK till the do come out with aftermarket bumpers is there a way to remove bumper cover and cut alittle to fit a winch in the stock rear bumper?

MtnLuvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK till the do come out with aftermarket bumpers is there a way to remove bumper cover and cut alittle to fit a winch in the stock rear bumper?

Yes, basically all the plastic "outer wear" on the KK is removable via push-pin, plastic rivets or bolted fasteners. Just start looking and you'll find the fasteners. Beware, under the KK's plastic rear bumper, other than around 1.5" of plastic crush zone is a formed steel member creating structural backup to the bumper and extending out and around the spare beneath. There really isn't much extra room that can be gained by removing the KK's rear plastic bumper. If you're wanting a winch front and rear, have you thought about buying one of those winch-cradles that goes in a towing receiver? You have multiple options for a rear tow hitch, including Jeep's. I seem to recall seeing a thread on some board that some company had adapted a product for a front-receiver hitch for the KK (or you could just make one or have it made). Just a thought.

Last edited:

MtnLuvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... another somebody will be making KK parts in the near future. They're in the development stages with wanting to be producing by the start of the year. We shall see.

That would be awesome. We've all been waiting too long...........

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really wanting to add a snorkel to mine as well. Just sitting here patiently waiting for somebody to start making one........:yawn:

JeepKK

Reaction score
That would be awesome. We've all been waiting too long...........

I have looked at winch cradles but heres my thing. Where I live if anything isnt bolted down on cars or hidden its stolen. Ever since i tinted my windows and added a shock sensor alarm no one has touched it but before that it was broken into like 5 times. Plus i wanted integrated in my bumper. I guess Ill be waiting like rest of us..just trying to be creative

27tubguy

Reaction score
im really needing a winch bumper for my 08 liberty as well as a tough ass rear bumper, anyone?????

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't know that ARB made one for the KK.

I don't think they do...but there's really nothing else worth buying...except rock lizard, but I don't think they have KK bumpers either. So it's basically wait for ARB to make one, or have a fabrication shop do one custom.

Latest posts

Members online