Skids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I wanna fab up my own skid plates does anyone have pictures of the skids on and off of the Jeep? I'm honestly thinking about running plate steel from cross member to cross member.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I wanna fab up my own skid plates does anyone have pictures of the skids on and off of the Jeep? I'm honestly thinking about running plate steel from cross member to cross member.

Check out the pics of the Skid Row plates at boulderbars.com or the 4X Guard skids at jeepinbyal.com

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
It may work on some models some it doesn't depending on exhaust etc.
Also allow areas for heat to get out from the exhaust since with the convertors, transmission, engine etc there is a lot of heat generated in that area. Plus you have the movement of everything so have to allow for that also
One single large flat plate my look great but it may have to be spaced down so much that it will hang up on rocks etc .
Only way to tell is crawl under yours with a large piece of cardboard and start working away