Shocks and Springs ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeffreywp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am overdue for new shocks and springs and want to stay at factory height more or less. What is the best setup for highway use?

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checkout OME 926/947 springs and OME 90009/N132 shocks or Bilstein 24-139168/24-139175 shocks are great as well
You'll gain some lift but nothing serious at all and it'll ride much better than stock

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to refer him to the lift page but he wants to stay at stock height or slightly over, probably not 2.5" of lift
But if so then you have a couple great options for shocks- springs will be the same as what Liberty just gave (I told you about the no-lift springs/shocks setup) but lift or no lift it'll ride a lot better
If you want to go with 2.5" of lift then go with the 927/948 springs and if you can find the rear OME 132L shocks that'd be your best option, but the Bilstein 24-185660 are great as well

Jeffreywp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. What year is your Jeep?
Rock Auto lists the stock replacement suspension parts etc. Link: RockAuto

Of course most of us know for better quality in ride and handling a little lift is what we do. See the lift section: Lift Kit Discussion - Jeep Liberty Forum - JeepKJ Country
Jeepin by al with 927 up front coils and 948 rear coils, makes for a sweet ride!
Link:OME 1.50" lift kit KJ
:gr_grin:

I have a 2003 Liberty Sport with 190,000 miles on the original shocks. I was going to post in the lift section but thought this was more appropriate for staying with stock height. Would I need any other items other than the shocks and springs? I would hate to take it apart and not have all I need.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on if your upper strut mounts are corroded bad (can't tell until you remove them) you'd want those
Other than that there isn't anything else that really needs changed, unless you just want to get everything new which means front upper and lower spring seats and mounting plate then you can

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Liberty Sport with 190,000 miles on the original shocks. I was going to post in the lift section but thought this was more appropriate for staying with stock height. Would I need any other items other than the shocks and springs? I would hate to take it apart and not have all I need.

I would check your lower ball joints, the upper control arms, tie rod ends , sway bar busihngs in frontn to begin with
Rear Upper tri-link ball joint and bushings on it, plus rear lower control arms before you go any further to make sure they're all good.
Then if staying at or near stock height OME 925/ 947 spring combo with OME shocks, second best Bilstein shocks
Way better than it was even new.
Can't even imagine the way it must ride
I couldn't stand mine at 15,000 let along put another 175,000 on it:icon_razz:

Jeffreywp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this website that sells the whole kit for $850. Old Man Emu 1.5" Suspension System for 2002-2007 Jeep Liberty

Is there cheaper pricing elsewhere? I plane on keeping the Jeep and want a good setup but would like to get the best price possible. Would 1.5 inches of lift make stock tires look too small? Especially considering that I am riding at a lower height than stock now.

Last edited:

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checkout OME 926/947 springs and OME 90009/N132 shocks or Bilstein 24-139168/24-139175 shocks are great as well
You'll gain some lift but nothing serious at all and it'll ride much better than stock

Another vote for the OME - best thing I ever did for mine. I run stock tires, the 17" Limited,looks fine. Been a couple years but was less than 850.

Did mine in April 2014 - still looks and rides great.

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out the H&R springs. Unless you're looking to go over 2.5" you're going to love them and save a bunch of money over the OME springs. They are comfortable on and off road due to these being progressive rate springs. They still work well even on small bumps and pot holes on paved roads(being progressive) unlike many of the very heavy spring rate lifts out there. Stick with decent high quality stock length shocks with these springs. No need to go with longer shocks. Going on 7,000 miles with these high quality German made springs and Gabriel Ultra shocks all the way around and couldn't be happier. No settling and my Libby looks so much better than those other sagging Libby's I park next to while out and about.

J33Pfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check your lower ball joints, the upper control arms, tie rod ends , sway bar busihngs in frontn to begin with
Rear Upper tri-link ball joint and bushings on it, plus rear lower control arms before you go any further to make sure they're all good.
Then if staying at or near stock height OME 925/ 947 spring combo with OME shocks, second best Bilstein shocks
Way better than it was even new.
Can't even imagine the way it must ride
I couldn't stand mine at 15,000 let along put another 175,000 on it:icon_razz:

This is all true! if your going to change shocks & springs, you need to first consider replacing all ball joints bushings, front & rear, etc ..that need to be replaced. Shocks & springs are the last thing on the list!

consider this cost before you spend $850+.