Security system problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigred10

Reaction score
Right after my airbag light come on started having trouble with my security system dealership tells me one that has nothing to do with the other I'll bet money it does someone please confirm that thanks

CheddarGau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SRS and Security are completely different systems. depending on the SRS issue the only thing in common could possibly be the steering column, but that would only be for the driver air bag. They may be indirectly "related", but they aren't related issues. Depending on what you drive, there may be shared data lines, but SRS is usually on it's own, they don't want that module going down easily.

Bigred10

Reaction score
SRS and Security are completely different systems. depending on the SRS issue the only thing in common could possibly be the steering column, but that would only be for the driver air bag. They may be indirectly "related", but they aren't related issues. Depending on what you drive, there may be shared data lines, but SRS is usually on it's own, they don't want that module going down easily.
Thanks for help