Transmission system overheating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scoot

Reaction score
Well I took out the Jeep again on a different trail and luckily it didn't overheat but something in the drive line is definitely slipping. It seems like it's the torque converter. So I think I am going to try and get a used torque converter maybe pull one from a junkyard. The transfer case cable that shifts between 4wd and 2wd broke. I am going to guess it was from last time I took it out and overheated the trans. If anyone has any tips for replacing the torque converter please let me know. I'm not super experienced especially with drive line stuff.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The effort involved in changing it would put me off an unknown second had one, recon ones are fairly cheap and come with a warranty!

1ino

Reaction score
you should not replace torque converter with used one, it’s a big job that is one of the recommended parts to replace doing transmission overhaul.
if your pulling the transmission out to do this job, you might think about finding a good used transmission to replace that one.