Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brennen Willis

Reaction score
Hey guys I’ve been running my Jeep Liberty as a mud toy for work when it’s too muddy for my truck. I’ve always ran it with a 3” lift but just today I installed an additional 2” of lift in the rear just to stop mud from balling up so much. I put it all back together and found that there’s an incredible about of pressure on the rear upper control arm from the additional lift and I only gained about a 1/2” of lift because of it. I did some digging and found that a company by the name of JBA used to make an extension for this issue but has since discontinued. Does anyone have one they would like to sell to me for some cash or have any other ideas for getting around this issue? Cheers!

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Search around this site for Iron Rock Off-road. I believe there is someone here who figured out how to use IRO’s rear UCA bracket from a WJ and make it work in the KJ.

Unfortunately JBA has discontinued their lift kits to focus on the front UCA market. They make the best in the business.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you actually have 5 inches of lift nothing is going to totally help you without a lot of work
I assume you must be using spacer lifts in that mess

You can not run two different lifts and have it run good and be safe

Brennen Willis

Reaction score
If you actually have 5 inches of lift nothing is going to totally help you without a lot of work
I assume you must be using spacer lifts in that mess
I am aware it’s a bandaid. Like I said. I only use it on super muddy days. It never leaves the work site. It just needs to get around better.

Brennen Willis

Reaction score
Search around this site for Iron Rock Off-road. I believe there is someone here who figured out how to use IRO’s rear UCA bracket from a WJ and make it work in the KJ.

Unfortunately JBA has discontinued their lift kits to focus on the front UCA market. They make the best in the business.
Hey man I wasn’t able to turn that up any chance you could share it with me?

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Iron rock actually makes a mount for the kj for a direct fit. I'm curious to know if you actually have 5 inches of lift in the rear or if you have 5 inches of spacer lift on 2-3 inch sagged springs. Measure from center of hub to plastic fender flare and let know what year your jeep is and perhaps we can save you from turning into a piece of garbage If you want.

WWDiesel

Reaction score
Last edited:

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online