RRO UCAs vs JBA UCAs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does the RRO UCAs (gen 1) compare to the JBA UCAs?

If I can get a deal on a pair should I go for it instead of shelling out whopping 480$ for JBAs?

You must be registered for see images attach

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the JBA extended UCA is $395.00. I think the RCC are a little cheaper and are same length as stock.. But the JBA is 3/8 of an inch longer than stock. Which helps with some alignment issue with lifting.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well yeah but 395$ + tax + shipping and you're at ~480$
Now the RRO UCAs are also for lifted libbys, not sure about the length spec.
AFAIK they also got replaceable ball joints

Well the JBA extended UCA is $395.00. I think the RCC are a little cheaper and are same length as stock.. But the JBA is 3/8 of an inch longer than stock. Which helps with some alignment issue with lifting.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The JBA's have the replaceable joints and are tested and true. The RR0's have worked for a number of people but the customer service is why a lot of us get the JBA's.

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would the RRO arms still work with say a 3 inch lift or in that height since they are not extended as the JBA ones are?

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3" maybe up to 3.25" and stock UCAs are fine
Any higher and you're asking for contact and torn boots
I'd get whatever has the better deal at the time, both have replaceable ball joints but JBAs are slightly longer to "help" with alignment
Not sure about that.. I got my alignment specs perfect with stock so you make that call

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:popcorn:.........

theres a lot of threads on this....RRO quality is questionable to some..all i can say is my JBA's have served me well. No RRO experiences

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Buy the Tested Best !
58228[/ATTACH]"]

& then You wont have the questionable rest! :gr_grin:

Attachments

• Jeep%20Wax5.jpg
    Jeep%20Wax5.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 0

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would the RRO arms still work with say a 3 inch lift or in that height since they are not extended as the JBA ones are?

They are extended. It's the build quality that is allegedly questionable. As well as the customer service.

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's really all about the quality of the ball joint. 99.9+% of the time it's the actual ball joint that fails, whether integrated, pressed in or bolt on. Not many arms, even cheap aftermarket arms, break. If they did those companies would quickly be sued right out of business.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's really all about the quality of the ball joint. 99.9+% of the time it's the actual ball joint that fails, whether integrated, pressed in or bolt on. Not many arms, even cheap aftermarket arms, break. If they did those companies would quickly be sued right out of business.

Some of the cheap aftermarket UCA's for the KJ are pure junk,as in the ones that are direct OE replacement and there ball joints fail in 1-2 years on a regular basis.They don't get sued because they have iron-clad disclaimers/warranty policies.

As far as RRO arms almost all that have gotten them(75% at least) have reported fitment issues and due to using poly bushings very noisy with zerks impossible to actually grease.

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I was going to do it, I'd spend the extra $100 and go with the JBA. Been very impressed with the quality, price and fast shipping on the few things I've purchased from them so far. Not to mention the fact that most members here swear by them.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
How does the RRO UCAs (gen 1) compare to the JBA UCAs?

If I can get a deal on a pair should I go for it instead of shelling out whopping 480$ for JBAs?

They would be good to hang on the wall to show others what not to buy......:gr_grin:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The JBA's have the replaceable joints and are tested and true. The RR0's have worked for a number of people but the customer service is why a lot of us get the JBA's.

Worked for a very few. More had issues with them than those that didn't .

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
JBA arms are flat out the best overall
1) fitment
2) quality of the welds / overall design
3) rebuildable ball joints
4) great customer service ( if you have an issue it will be taken care of. )

My friend Chris is still waiting on a refund from RRO since 2005
( before he knew better)

Last edited:

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of crap about RRO, but from the experience that the wife and I have, they were very helpful and willing to do whatever to make things right.

Wife has a '16 Compass 75th anniversary edition and wanted a lift. Got the RRO 2" lift and when it arrived one of the spacers wasn't exactly square. Was off by about 1/16" height wise.

Called them up and they said the measurements we took with a pair of calipers was in spec.,but if we preferred, they would send out another spacer to replace it. We decided to use it and if something didn't seem right we'd deal with it at that time.

She had also asked them if the 235/60/18 Atturo Trailblade tires we got would fit. They told us that they were not familiar with that brand/model of tire, but with the size would probably have to use 1" wheel spacers. Got 1" spacers and the tires/wheels and lift slipped right in without issue.

That said, with the experience we have with them, I would not hesitate to purchase from them again.

Just my .02

But, given the reputation that JBA has, and the fact the UCA's on my Liberty (though I didn't purchase them) are JBA, I'd probably spend a little more to go with JBA. Unless they were absolutely needed and couldn't afford them, but could RRO.

Last edited:

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ours needed corrected UCAs at 2.5" lift. I got the RROs because of price. No alignment issues since. They've been on there nearly 50,000km. The moog balljoints they come with (GM application) are still tight... I grease them regularly.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I see a lot of crap about RRO, but from the experience that the wife and I have, they were very helpful and willing to do whatever to make things right.

Wife has a '16 Compass 75th anniversary edition and wanted a lift. Got the RRO 2" lift and when it arrived one of the spacers wasn't exactly square. Was off by about 1/16" height wise.

Called them up and they said the measurements we took with a pair of calipers was in spec.,but if we preferred, they would send out another spacer to replace it. We decided to use it and if something didn't seem right we'd deal with it at that time.

She had also asked them if the 235/60/18 Atturo Trailblade tires we got would fit. They told us that they were not familiar with that brand/model of tire, but with the size would probably have to use 1" wheel spacers. Got 1" spacers and the tires/wheels and lift slipped right in without issue.

That said, with the experience we have with them, I would not hesitate to purchase from them again.

Just my .02

But, given the reputation that JBA has, and the fact the UCA's on my Liberty (though I didn't purchase them) are JBA, I'd probably spend a little more to go with JBA. Unless they were absolutely needed and couldn't afford them, but could RRO.

RRO has been around a long time, have friends with Trackers and Sammys, Toyotas etc who " tried " to deal with them over 15-16 years ago and had issues. Its always parts that are off a little bit and you either have to do some drilling/ bending etc to get them to fit . Its always " your problem " not theirs. One guy on LOST who bought their UCAs was having issues since they didn't fit. Their advice , put it in a vice and bend it ! :happy175:
This is not coming from just Jeep KJ forums , look up on line and you'll find a lot of issues from all of their products across a wide range of vehicles.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just my .02

Ours needed corrected UCAs at 2.5" lift. I got the RROs because of price. No alignment issues since. They've been on there nearly 50,000km. The moog balljoints they come with (GM application) are still tight... I grease them regularly.

Same company that will try and sell you cam knock out tool designed for late '80's/early '90's GM fullsizes(IFS) stating it's needed for UCA adjustment in addition to the OE adjustments when lifting a KJ,even list it on there website.

KJ's don't have knockouts and you couldn't use that tool if you tried,it's only for GM's.

kejobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RRO has been around a long time, have friends with Trackers and Sammys, Toyotas etc who " tried " to deal with them over 15-16 years ago and had issues. Its always parts that are off a little bit and you either have to do some drilling/ bending etc to get them to fit . Its always " your problem " not theirs. One guy on LOST who bought their UCAs was having issues since they didn't fit. Their advice , put it in a vice and bend it ! :happy175:
This is not coming from just Jeep KJ forums , look up on line and you'll find a lot of issues from all of their products across a wide range of vehicles.

I'm not doubting what your saying. I was just giving the one and only experience that I have had with them.

Believe me, the weld spatter on the spacers was outrageous and ridiculous. There should have been no way they should leave the shop like that. Let alone the one being off.

But, being as though the wife wanted to lift her Compass, we didn't have much of a choice. As far as I know, RRO is the only company making a lift for it. It works, and haven't had an issue with it as of yet. Been on for 4 or so months now so time will tell. Plus the wife is happy, so that's plus. :gr_grin: